It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Coast To Coast With Art Bell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:11 AM
link   
Art is filling in for George Noory tonight on Coast if anyone isn't listening. What a joy it is to hear Art after such a long absence. Not that I dont like Mr Noory but C2C will always be remembered for being Art's baby.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by dznetworks]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Listening to Art is always a pleasure. After listening to Art Bell for so many years, he actually feels like a friend....and to be frank, I miss Art.

Don't get me wrong, George Noorey has been absolutely wonderful for c2c. In fact, it's now difficult to imagine anyone else but George doing it (except for Art of course). But, as you said, C2C was, indeed, "Art's Baby".

It was a rare treat to listen to Art. It was especially nice to hear Art interview one of my favorite guests, Graham Hancock. All in all, it was a great show.

I hope that we continue to hear Art hosting the show.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:59 AM
link   
I listened last night and i was in heaven. Nothing like Art Bell's voice and his choice of bumper music to make my night. I love to listen to him, and no, no one can replace him.
I get mad each time he "retires"
I want him EVERY NIGHT.

He's the KING.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Even though Art called me a "wingnut" he is the man that epitomizes c2c.
That smoky voice, the hidden skepticism, his mystery personal life really adds to the shows ambiance.

To Me George is a Dork that never challenges the guest, asks inappropriate questions at the wrong time and has a jerky style that keeps the interview from really ever generating interest, flow and continuity and he cuts off the call in folks just when they are going to reveal something important. He has absolutely no sense of timing. That why I usually fall asleep after 10min of Noory.

I'll even take Ian over Art any day. Ian rocks.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I agree- Art has an interviewing style that is second to none. Its no wonder that he is in the Radio Hall of Fame...

My heart actually skipped a beat when he jokingly said that he would be returning to the air 5 nights a week.

At least we get him 15 shows a year still. My guess is that his next appearance will be hosting Ghost to Ghost on Halloween.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:27 AM
link   
I love Art...listening to last nights show right now thanks to the heads-up.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I personally don't like Art Bell... I prefer George. Art tends to be too rude and crabby to the callers and his guests.. Really, I have a hard time understanding how he ever even got anyone willing to discuss anything with him. The man is incorrigible... :shk:

[edit on 29-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa
I'll even take Ian over Art any day. Ian rocks.

Ian is another one that I can't stand. He brings his religious slant to everything. I never listen to him anymore. I used to try to listen to him, but the guy is too convinced that his brainwashing is correct.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
No offense, but Ian is a hyperactive dork, worse than Noory. He doesnt have what it takes to make that show interesting and worthy of listening, imo.
He just doesnt "get it" (what the show is about)

George, wants to agree with everyone and that is impossible and his interviewing style leaves a lot to be desired. He's another Larry King.
An interviewer has to be spontaneous and has got to ask what THE PEOPLE IN THE AUDIENCE wants to hear to be effective.:bash:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:09 PM
link   
I think we should limit the name calling in this thread, I just wanted to point out that Art was hosting last night, a rare opportunity to hear the legend in action.

PS- I do agree that Ian acts pompous and he is my least favorite coast fill in host.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by dznetworks]

new topics

top topics

join