It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Set the Wayback Machine to Jan 25 1999, Sherman.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com..." target="_blank" class="postlink">The birth of greatness

I wasn't there for the beginning. The anniversary is coming up. I wanted everyone to see our humble beginnings.
I am proud to be a member of ATS. I also want to take this opportunity to thank Simon, and the staff for giving us a forum where we communicate with the world our common interests. Thank you ATS. Congratulations on your 5th Anniversary.

����������������������������������

������������������������������������������������������(Wood is the traditional 5th anniversary gift)

Btw.....this is the site I used to retrieve the bit of historical info. ---> www.archive.org...

[Edited on 1-22-2004 by darklanser]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I'm not so sure, but I think ATS was there earlier than that.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is how the message board looked like about a month before I joined...

web.archive.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Some of the old threads are saved!!!

web.archive.org...

web.archive.org...

web.archive.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:33 PM
link   
The 1998 archived pages are blank. Dang..... I guess I'll have to return the plaque.

I wonder if I should ask Simon if he remembers?

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Wow! ATS has come along ways since then.
I say go back to the alien green.

Best wishes for years to come.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
So, do we have an official date that ATS was founded? I think it would be cool to have an ATS appreciation day/week that corresponds to the important date. Just a suggestion.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
hehe cool! I remember this, this is OLD.

remember that our very first forum is still available:

pub19.ezboard.com...

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Thought I would give this topic a friendly bump ... since I discovered wayback through a connection wizard on firefox after a certain site wouldn't load up after many, many attempts.

It is good for those who take for granted how good this site looks and feels now ... to discover where it came from not even a decade ago. Humble beginnings with good intentions.

To know what the site was from the beginning might help all to remember what it is and where it is going.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:56 PM
link   
actually, this could be useful. we should go back to the lesser conspiracies of the late 90's and see if any of them have been declassified.

posted on Oct, 23 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
It was either 1996 or 1997 ...don't you guys remember the anniversary hooplah earlier this year?

top topics

join