It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Money. Who is in control of us?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2008 @ 01:58 AM
link   
A few have mentioned that this would be communism - they're right, more specifically, it'd be 'collectivization'. It's been tried.. and led to mass starvation and just gives the state the absolute power to decide who gets what.

Without money, you'd still need the state to decide on the value of things - as much I don't like a society where you can sell almost anything (organs, sex, who knows what else), it'd be hard to work out the value of things without money. It also gives people the ability 'save' wealth without having to immediately accept or buy things they don't need.

What if people just plum didn't want to work? Then it gets down to how the state would collect taxes, build and maintain infrastructure, etc etc.

If we completely got rid of money, people would start trading in something else. Then that would inherit all of the bad things about money as we know it now.

Besides, how else would the banks control everything

posted on Jan, 27 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by thesaint

Well, so what you are saying is that someone with a pie job would deserve everything in live that someone that say, works construction and does heavy lifting all day, straining their back maybe, or perhaps a Dr. that put himself through 8 years or so of school to learn his craft. Well, I can only imagine the work around the world that wouldn't get done. Why would someone work on septic tanks or any other nasty job do that when they could sweep a floor somewhere and make the same. Why would someone that wires houses for a living do that when he could run a cash register and make the same. Should a supervisor over his entire department which has a lot more stress than the regular employees make the same as them even though his boss gives him hell when things don't go right and not the other employees. So I guess then your solution would be government placement of jobs, and what then you go to jail if you do not do the job you are assigned to. Well, here's a good way to put it, let's put you on one of the major air lines, to fly a jet, I mean hell, you thing we all deserve the same so I guess that means we can all do the same. Their is a reason a pilot makes more, it's a learned skill. Not to mention that and the other jobs our that that cary risks, would you take a job that carries any major risks. I'm an electrician, I've went to school for it, and even though I'm educated there is always a risk, not just of being shocked, but I'm always either up high in a latter or a bucket truck. But, I'm not just an electrician, that's just one of my skills, I work for a sign company, not only do I service them I also install them, and they can be heavy at times, not to mention all the digging holes in the ground by hand to set poles. I have to work out in the cold, and rain sometimes as well. But I guess I deserve the same pay as someone that takes tickets and gives you a cup of popcorn at a movie theater. Now I will admit, there are a lot of people out there in the world that don't make what they are worth, and probably a lot that make way more than what they are worth, but that's just the way the world is, atleast everything gets done. If you want more money than what you've got now go out and get it it's yours for the taking if you work hard just remember nobody is going to hand it to you.

posted on Jan, 28 2009 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by infamouskiller

To bad we cant get true communism that would be perfect, but will never happen.

BTW who actually came up with the concept of money and value; I'd really like to have a few hours with that person.

[edit on 28-1-2009 by jatsc]

new topics

<< 1   >>

join