It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Family Hangs Themselves - Suicide Note: "We went too far"

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm going to take a guess and suggest that the family may have been involved in some sort of illegal scheme and felt perhaps that things had gotten out of hand when in fact they were not.

I once knew a man who had embezzled a whole bunch of money and when the auditors showed up one day unannounced, he panicked and took off with even more money to South America.

The story went that the auditors were there for reasons that would not have uncovered his crime, but I guess eventually, he would have been caught anyway.

I never did find out how it all turned out.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   
could the whole family have been killed by skilled people and then made it look like a family suicide.
did the family have government jobs or something similiar.

i just find it very hard to believe that a whole family sits down and decides they will all commit suicide.
what are the chances of that happening to a grown-up family.

just a thought
chickenfeet

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tom Bedlam
Wow - this is almost a free association thing, isn't it? Everyone's projecting onto a nearly context-free statement.
[edit on 29-9-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

I had the exact same thought, that we're learning a lot more a bout the posters than we are about the dead family.

reply to post by chickenfeet

That's my take as well, I think that the family was most likely murdered by intelligence types, and that the note is a cryptic warning to others who might make the same mistake, whatever it might have been.

edit for grammer

[edit on 29-9-2007 by resistor]

[edit on 29-9-2007 by resistor]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
It's likely, well almost definite the police left out a ton of information on this one. I hope more comes out.

Whether or not there was more written on the note, that I don't know, maybe, maybe not.

But you can bet the police there has a much better idea about what was going on in that house just by what was found in the house. Stuff we aren't privy too. Are there bodies buried under the house or in the yard. Probably not a murderous group. Most serial killers work alone. With the rare exception of Charles Ing(Sp), and Leonard Lake, to name one case.

I'm sure they have hand writing experts working overtime, and already know which of the family members wrote the note.

I just hope they don't uncover something really atrocious, but either way 4 people are dead.

There's tons of theories I could come up with. But I'm not gonna jot them all down here. As previously mentioned it could be a murder, staged suicide. Whether or not one of the 4 was the murderer is a route they'll have to look into. A fifth person could have forced one of them to write the simple note at gunpoint. Then hung them all.

I am curious of the toxology reports though, if any drugs were found in thier systems enough to kill them or disable them for an easy hanging.

Usuaully in cases like this it's best for the police to play it VERY close to the vest at first, this way only they and the suspect (if thier was foul play) knows specific details ect.

But after a while, if that doesnt get them anywhere, they usually leak out some info in drips and drabs, looking for media, and help from citizens.

But if it is just a plain suicide pact, I would think there would be evidence in the home about what these people were into and doing that made them feel they "wen't too far". DNA tests could tell if there was any incestious acts involved ect.

It's in the Police's hands now, and hopefully they find a quick resolution, and no more lives (yet undiscovered) were lost due to this.

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by chickenfeet
could the whole family have been killed by skilled people and then made it look like a family suicide.
did the family have government jobs or something similiar.

i just find it very hard to believe that a whole family sits down and decides they will all commit suicide.
what are the chances of that happening to a grown-up family.

just a thought
chickenfeet

Yeah I have to agree with you chickenfeet, it is too unbelievable that the whole family would do this together...unless they were involved in some kind of cult?? weird stuff...

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Too much garlic in the frog sauce? Couldn't live the garlic breath down?

That's as good a reason as any with the available information. Would like to know more though.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 04:32 AM
link   
this is as odd to me as it is troubling,deffinently gonna keep my eyes on this one...this is just to weird

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 07:25 AM
link   
First of all, although I am not familiar with the word, I think that the possibility of a mistranslation exists.

The phrase written on the note was "On a trop déconné", and from what I have read I think that it may have more than one meaning.

I think that the best option is to find some French ATS members (I rememb of seeing at least two) and ask them for their translation and if they have more information than this.

In this article they say that the suicide was almost confirmed, some of the reasons being that there were no indication of violence of any type on the bodies, the house looked in perfect order, nothing showed the possibility of anyone from outside the house being present and that the deaths appeared to be almost simultaneous.

The father was on a pre-retirement plan and was still receiving some money from his first employer.

The son had a degree on transportation and logistics and was unemployed at the moment.

The daughter worked on a cleaning company.

The mayor said that one of the family members had "some problems".

In this, they also say that the note asked to someone to take care of their poodle. The police still does not know who wrote the note.

The victims are:
- René Demeester, 55 years, retired from the chemical industry for little over a year ago with a compensation for having worked with asbestos
- his wife Marie, 55 years old
- his son Olivier, 30 years old
- his daughter Angélique, 28 years old

They say that the father considered having a job a very important thing, he saw not having a job as an injustice and a lack social status.

The son wanted to create a transportation company, having even bought a small truck and his father had helped in his project.

As being jobless was seen as something to avoid, the son had taken several short-term jobs but he had never got a long term contract, and the daughter worked hard at the shopping centre at the entrance to the tunnel under the English channel. (I have seen in another article that the unemployment in that area is around 17%)

The daughter had an independent life, but she was living in her parents' house for some days.

Neither the son or the daughter had a known love life, their work life being considered the most important thing.

In here they just add that the father worked on a British company, Courtauld, and after he had worked on Calaire Chimie in Calais.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:09 PM
link   
the article says there was no economic or behavioral problems but the son was unemployed. Suicide may have seemed like an easy way out from a financial burden. the note makes it sound like they felt guilty or admitted guilt of some kind. the town they were from doesn't seem to be much different than any small american town but all have their exceptions. the poodle thing makes the note seemmore likely to be written by someone in the family or possibly someone who knew they had dogs if this indeed was murder, it shows concern for who they leave behind. whether this was a cover for a murderer or true concern i think that note should be studied. as for the fact that there were no signs of violence that means nothing look at the supposed suicide crime scene of kurt cobain there was no sign of a struggle or suicide the scene had been cleaned spotless. it can be done.
i think maybe a french proverb sums it up:
Cherchez la femme.
Literal meaning: Look for the woman.
Idiomatic translation: A woman is probably at the heart of the quarrel.
but also ther is this:
Dis-moi qui tu hantes, je te dirai qui tu es.
Idiomatic translation: A man is known by the company he keeps.
Literal meaning: Tell me whom you haunt and I will tell you who you are.
whichever you pick think of this and think of yourself:
Entre l'arbre et l'écorce, il ne faut pas mettre le doigt.
Idiomatic translation: Do not meddle in other people's family affairs.
Literal meaning: Don't poke your finger 'twixt the bark and the tree.

[edit on 30-9-2007 by chainsaw freak]

[edit on 30-9-2007 by chainsaw freak]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:53 PM
link   
When I read it, it sounded like an organized crime hit to me. I have probably seen too many movies, but that is what it sounded like. Whomever was involved with the wrong people "went too far" and they were silenced. The note was a message to people who knew who they were involved with to keep everyone else in check...."This is what happens when you try what they did. They went too far."

Or it was a family suicide?

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join