It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Entire Family Hangs Themselves - Suicide Note: "We went too far"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Entire Family Hangs Themselves - Suicide Note: "We went too far"

www.news24.com

Calais - Four members of the same family were found hanging in the kitchen of their home in northern France in what appears to have been a joint suicide, police said on Friday. The bodies of a couple in their 60s and their children - a man and a woman in their 30s - were discovered by a neighbour on Thursday evening at Coulogne, near the port of Calais.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.agi.it
www.expatica.com

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
How weird can it get? This must be the strangest news story I have read for a long time. Appearantly the entire family decided that they did something wrong, wrote a suicide note which contained "We went too far", and hung themselves by the neck in the kitchen.

Father and mother in their 60´s, son and daughter living in Calais, France.

Could it be that one of them (son?) killed them all and then hanged himself afterwards?

This is sooo weird...

www.news24.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
While double suicides are not rare, I find it odd that four people would do this. It has cult overtones, like Heaven's Gate and others.

But, it would also be a way to try and cover up murder, provided the killer left no other traces of his crime.

Good find, OP. Odd, but interesting.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Oh wow,

This is so sad. The article said the son was unemployed. Maybe he had something to do with it.

Well never know now. What a tragic sad terrible event.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:54 PM
link   
That´s what extermely frustrating: we will probably never know....

What about that note?

What did they do to make them think they "went too far"?

This is MK-Ultra insane...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:56 PM
link   
how and why would this happen? I've heard of murder suicides, double suicides, suicide clubs, but a whole family? Mind boggling.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:02 PM
link   
This definitely has a religious cult overtone to it.

Went too far... did they commit some 'crime' in the name of their beliefs that they could not come to terms with?

Did they go against their beliefs so far that they couldn't rationalize their actions?

... are they just disgusted with being part of a race that steadily eats away at it's own host planet?

That note could mean anything... they could have been a little more thoughtful and explained why they were killing themselves, before killing themselves.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnsky
Did they go against their beliefs so far that they couldn't rationalize their actions?

Well.. Dare I say what my dark mind thinks?

Incestious relationships?

That note could mean anything... they could have been a little more thoughtful and explained why they were killing themselves, before killing themselves.

I wonder if the police is holding out as far as the note content? Maybe more was written?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
johnsky, is that signature of yours for real, and if so where on earth did you find that text? [/offtopic]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Makes me wonder what they were involved in.
"We went too far."
What did they do? Did they know something they weren't supposed to?

[edit on 28-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:19 AM
link   
I would think maybe it was incest... and some day they realised that it was awful and wrong... because I know there's brother and sisters who marries... so maybe it was something like that. Or a cover-up for a murder.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Truth4hire
Well.. Dare I say what my dark mind thinks?

Incestious relationships?

I'll admit it. That was the first thing I thought...

I wonder if the police is holding out as far as the note content? Maybe more was written?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised. The contents of suicide notes is usually suppressed for the fear that others might empathize with the statement and follow suit. Also, people have a natural tendency to write some perty damned disturbing things (real and imagined) down before they kill themselves.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth4hire

I also was curious, and found this USBM warning scrool down to about half way thru the page

Back on Topic, could they have raised the devil ( or thought they had ) and could only get away thru death???

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I think they mean the world has gone too far and it does smell of some cult type thing. They all had to subscribe to the same faith or beleif in order to do such a thing.

I'm afraid i think we're going to be seeing more and more of these things.
:shk:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
I would think maybe it was incest... and some day they realised that it was awful and wrong...

Why that?

[edit on 29-9-2007 by SpeakerofTruth]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dgtempe

Most likely, as the world continues to degrade, people will start moving into there own sects and factions. It really surprises me that another Waco type event hasn't occurred. Generally, it happens every 10-15 years.

I mean, we had the "Heaven's Gate" thing, but it really wasn't on par with Waco or The People's Temple. Although, I have to say that Waco was more about a covert government conspiracy, in my opinion, than a malfeasant "cult."

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I want to know what family this was. Did they have any connection to the Illuminati? I dont believe in this being religious. It sounds much more like they did something to someone, and couldnt live with the guilt.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Wow - this is almost a free association thing, isn't it? Everyone's projecting onto a nearly context-free statement. That note was great, very evocative.

I have to admit, the first few things I thought of were jokes.

The next thing was, "what a neat note to leave if you'd murdered them", really confuse the hell out of people who would read anything and everything into the wording, and spin their wheels like mad.

Let's say you wanted to really muddy the waters on a job. It would probably be easy to leave a "shrine" - a collage of randomly chosen material that appears to be associated with the murder. Say, a grapefruit that you find in the fridge. So you get a fork for everyone you whacked, wipe them down, fingerprint a fork for each person, and insert them into the grapefruit. Put the grapefruit on a doily, add a birthday candle you find in a drawer in the kitchen for each person. Then leave a note that is essentially meaningless - like "cursum perficio - 2007" and let the cops make what they will of it.

There is no point to it, other than to confuse the crap out of the investigators.

The Green River killer did that on a couple of victims, IIRC one was a bottle of wine and a fish. The FBI spent boucoup time and effort trying to unravel the mystic meaning of the fish shrine. When they caught him, he said something like "I hated wine, and someone had given me that bottle. And the fish was going bad. So I thought I'd have some fun leaving it at the scene"

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 03:47 PM
link   
To me, this is another one of those cases, much like the Chris Benoit case, where you will just have to accept the conclusions that the authorities come to, and leave it alone. There will always be that lingering doubt in your mind, or question, but, we'll just have to move on.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Well, I have just set a Google News alert.

Keywords "calais" & "Suicide".

The moment any news from the investigation gets published, I´ll receive an email...

Suspense!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join