It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The big list of US hypocracies

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Also known as "Why im so pissed off all the time"

Yes, people may say im racist. But thats because all the recent things that have pissed me off recently have been caused by one race. A happy coincidence? no. A way i can focus my anger? hell yes.

This is just a place where i am putting all the things which that Red, white and blue (as if no other country has those colours on their flags) blotch on the landscape does which makes my blood boil.

1. Nuclear weapons:

Ill start with the big one. Nuclear weapons. The reason that the US is allowed to get away with ANYTHING. Why can US put restrictions on Nuclear technology on other countries? What kind of "Justice" is that?

Its the self serving kind.

Nuclear weapons are deadly, im sure most people know this, but they ignore that fact, either that or they are not in touch with how much destruction one can wreak. Simply because it will almost never be only one. It will be one, followed by a retaliation, then and escalation, then oops! humanity is gone.

They keep their nukes because they are allowed to keep weapons. it is a god given right! Yes the god (which according to them applies to everyone) given right (the right, only applies to Americans, however.)

Yeah, we all know god has a hardon for guns, right? Im sure if god had a gun it would shoot nukes.

Now, why cant we send weapons inspectors to the US and declare them to be manufacturing WMD's, and thus we need to either:

1. Take them by force
2. Slap restrictions on them.

Why not? Because of my second point!

2. The United Nations (ie. We are of the world and not only America...i promise!)

Yes, the United nations is basically an army of mercenaries for hire, who gets to hire them? The US of course. 51% of the funding goes there from America(probably) so why shoot the guy who is funding your paycheck?

3. The use of Religion as a way to dictate world policy.

Some people may remember the old days of "Manifest destiny". Those who dont know what it is, it is where the US suddenly decided that it was their 'god given right' (yes there it is again) to own everything in the pacific.

why couldnt they just speak the truth? (Truth, justice and the American way)

Why couldnt they just say "hey, we want to have a new empire" no, they didnt. They had to claim that god was on their side. If anyone said differently they could be labelled a heretic

4. The obnoxious arrogent bull#.

Yes, when someone called America "the Greatest nation on earth" it makes me want to put an axe in their throat and call it self defence,the grounds being that my sanity was being attacked.

The 'greatest nation on earth' just happens to have a huge crime rate, the largest military budget ever, discrimination of ALL kinds (and more being invented every minute) and a washing machine in a suit for a leader.

What grounds are they the greatest on earth? Because if anyone says differently they can nuke the world into dust?

oh, now will i bow to my masters *rolls eyes*

Truth, Justice and the American way.

Truth- The kind which is relative, and which can be influenced because you have the biggest military

Justice- The kind with religions involved

The American way- Freedom with no consequences or responsibility.

Now, this is just the beginning of my post. I need to make a few things clear.

1. This may sound like an attack...it is, but i dont want to be persecuted for it, simply because this is a large amount of observations i and alot of people have discussed over time.

2. I will probably get a mod warning because of this post, i know it, im still posting it. Why? Its the truth, thats why. Editing or deleting my post will simply validate my claim (i know most if not all of the mods and members here are Yanks)

You want the truth? Im giving it to you, this is the percieved truth of the world. I cant see any reason why anyone could disagree with that.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   
How could you forget the war on drugs? Watch the Clinton Chronicles and associated videos. Read Webster Tarpley's Unauthorized Biography of George H.W. Bush. Learn why the Harvard endowment fund is so huge. Learn who founded Harvard.

In the words of Porky Pig, "It's ibidih . . . it's gusdustipating!"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Wow just wow, I dont even know where to begin. It is the greatest country in the world, if it werent we wouldnt be inundated with people coming from other countries trying to live here. In my opinion nuclear weapons are the worst thing that was ever created, but to lump all Americans into your little distorted view because of them is ridiculous. I would watch calling us obnoxious until you have thoroughly read over your rant. You know what I would like to see? I would like to see my tax dollars not go to aid other nations where the subjects of such a nation hate the United States. As far as the UN goes, I think me and the majority of American citizens hate the UN, I would love to see the UN go away forever. You are attacking the wrong people my friend, our government and the elite behind the scenes are the ones that do these dastardly deeds that piss you off. The majority of Americans despise the same things that you do. Some Americans are arrogant, as well as some australians, germans, etc etc. We arent all arrogant, but most of us love what our country was founded on, freedom. Freedom to live our lives the way we see fit, freedom to practice whatever religion we want, freedom to be able to protect our lives. That used to be the way anyhow, but it is slowly slipping into placing government into what we used to do ourselves. Is it wrong to love your country? I hate our government, but I love this country with every bit of my being, and I am proud as hell to be an American.

I really think you need to talk to someone about your anger issues, it isnt healthy to carry so much anger around in your heart. Have you ever been to the United States, do you know any "yanks" other then on this forum? I can tell you one thing, if you are basing your opinion of Americans off this place, then you arent getting a very good idea of who we are. It is a pretty big place and I dont think a very big percentage of people in this country visit this forum. Another thing, is most of the posts you have on this forum are anti american, so you go after us and our country that we love, and you are going to get the horns. How do you expect to speak your mind in the way you have and not be challenged on it, I dont think you should get any warnings, but you shouldnt be free of persecution. You spoke your mind, now deal with the consequences, oh never mind from your post I forgot we dont understand consequence for actions.

Your view on crime is retarded, there is crime in this country, but look at the size of it. There is a lot of land from sea to shining sea, and in that land are alot of people. God wouldnt need to carry a gun, but he wouldnt deny us the right to be able to protect the lives he gave us. It doesnt matter what I saw, or what any other american says, usually people with so much hatred, are too close minded to see anything else.

I will be waiting on bated breath for you to finish giving us all your infinite wisdom in your other posts.

[edit on 28-9-2007 by gunner36]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Octavius Maximus

Where is the Australian flag in relation to the US flag on the moon?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   

It is the greatest country in the world, if it werent we wouldnt be inundated with people coming from other countries trying to live here.

If I'm not mistaken, we're equally inundated with people who hate our guts. Your sheer, fanatical patriotism doesn't negate the US's hypocricies. Your arguments didn't even address them directly but just directed aggression toward the OP himself. And what point do you wish to prove by asserting his argument that Americans are arrogant?
And anger management? This is the rant forum, honey. You can expect to see a little anger here. And just because someone has strong opinions doesn't mean they need anger management...

Back to the OP; although you kind of need to lighten up, I still agree with what you say, especially about the nuclear weapons. I hate how America thinks they have the right and power to control all the other nations' affairs in the name of God or Justice or .. the "greatest country in the world", whatever they think gives them the right to do that. After all, they did use nuclear weapons two more times than every other country in the world...

If there's anything I agree with gunner on, it would probably just be that you need to start thinking about the good things about America, not just that bad. And if you do only focus on the bad, don't be surprised when people argue or get mad with you.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by gunner36
Wow just wow, I dont even know where to begin. It is the greatest country in the world, if it werent we wouldnt be inundated with people coming from other countries trying to live here.

Greatest in the world according to whom?....and why do you assume yours is the only country with people wanting to move and live there?

The world is a big place and the U.S. has no right to be a self appointed sherrif to the rest of the world thankyou.

It's time Americans took action against THEIR appointed (ha ha) government and people in power who have obviously NOT got OUR interests at heart. (I say "OUR" as a World citizen).

Basically....M Y O B! Look after yourselves, if we need you we'll call!
You are not the boss of me so sort out your peers.

And sorry gunner36, I don't see the US as greatest country in the world.
I am not american, I don't really see ANY country as the greatest. Just part of something greater called EARTH....OUR HOME....who said you could be boss?.

Nice one OP

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Let me rephrase, I believe it to be the greatest country in the world, I live here I am an American, and I love my country. I dont really see that as arrogance, just my opinion. Would I like another country? I am sure there are many countries I would like, but I will only love one country. There are alot of people that move to other countries, there are alot of people that come to this country that hate our guts. We still get more people then any other country that want to live here. As far as the OP, yeah I dont really like him, I agree with some of the things that he says, but after many of his attacks against this country and the citizens of this country, he isnt really my favorite member here. I dont want us to be the worlds sherrif, if you need help, I am all for helping, but we have too many troubles here that need to be adressed. This post wasnt in the rant section when i replied to it, it was in another section, if it would have been in the rant section, I would have ignored it. If you bothered to look at his other posts you would see that he has some anger that needs to be taken care of.

Did I ever say anything about being the boss of the world nerbot? Unless people come a long way in the future, there isnt going to be such a thing as a world citizen. I am all for that believe me, if we all got along, were able to do our own thing, great, but for now it is what it is and that isnt even an option. As for taking action against our government, if I myself could take them on, I would do it right now. But it is like swimming in an ocean of slumbering people here. You dont live here as you stated, so you dont know anything but what you hear second hand.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:22 PM
link   
No country is the greatest country in the world.

It pisses me off when Americans say we are because when people say that it increases anti-Americanism around the world; I don't want people to think we're arrogant.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Calm down my friend,

Whilst I agree that Americans can display a certain arrogance that borders on fascism.

Yes, some Americans wish to impose their brand of "democracy" on the whole world with a type of fanaticism that can appear to equal anything that Islam has to offer. (well, with hindsight, maybe not quite that bad! LOL)

Yes, their stance on nuclear weapons is hypocritical beyond belief.

Yes, their unwillingness to do anything substantial to address climate change issues is ignorance of the highest order.

Yes, calling the finals of sports that only 2 countries participate in, (USA & Canada), The World Series, is delusional. :shk:

But come on, to tar the whole of a nation consisting of over 300 million, legal, citizens, with the same brush is going slightly o.t.t. to say the least.

Whilst sometimes being arrogant I have also found them to be the most helpful, respectful and welcoming people I have ever met. Indeed, their politeness can sometimes become quite annoying. LOL.

I believe their fanatacism in "spreading the word" is well intentioned, just mis-directed. The rest of the world doesn't want to be America, we are quite happy being who we are.

Again, their stance on nuclear weapons is understandable.
As long as the current status quo has been maintained no one has used a nuclear weapon. Any power shift could have dangerous repercussions for all of us.
However, they must realise that some countries want nuclear power technology. America has no God given right to deny anyone this.

Their unwillingness to cut harmful greenhouse gas emissions is bordering on insanity. America seems to be in constant denial over this.

And what can I say about their sport?
I enjoy both Baseball and American Football but they lack the subleties and finesse of Football, Rugby and Cricket. And the World Cup's in those sports comprise of nations from around the whole world, not just North America.

Still, for all their faults and their perculiarly insular outlook on both current and historical events, I genuinely believe the world would be a lot worse place without them and their presence on the world scene.
I think the vasy majority of American's are honourable, caring and well intentioned people who just want to get on and live their lives, just the same as the rest of us in this crazy, mixed up world.

Sorry for the rant but you know, it's that time of night

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Woah...I got positive responses! That was the most unprecedented thing ever, i was expecting (at best) for this thread to be deleted and possibly a ban

Oh well, on to the responses!

Wow just wow, I dont even know where to begin.

I said the same thing to myself when trying to write my first post. It was difficult to cram everything into one arguement.

It is the greatest country in the world, if it werent we wouldnt be inundated with people coming from other countries trying to live here.

Just like Australia is? like Britain? Like ANYWHERE which is halfway decent?

I would like to see my tax dollars not go to aid other nations where the subjects of such a nation hate the United States.

Yeah, weve seen the 'help' you spend your tax dollars on *cough war cough*

Im sure thats the brand of help most of the world would rather do without

As far as the UN goes, I think me and the majority of American citizens hate the UN, I would love to see the UN go away forever.

The UN is pointless because it is controlled by the US. A biased world government.

You are attacking the wrong people my friend, our government and the elite behind the scenes are the ones that do these dastardly deeds that piss you off.

And you allow it.

Some Americans are arrogant, as well as some australians, germans, etc etc.

Im arrogent, but at least i recognise it.

but most of us love what our country was founded on, freedom.

You dont believe in freedom, i already explained this.

Is it wrong to love your country?

No, is it wrong to love your country and despise and say others are 'worse' simply because of this. HELL YES!

I really think you need to talk to someone about your anger issues, it isnt healthy to carry so much anger around in your heart.

hehehe, im not very angry, in Real Life im Icy cold, but when dealing with America it makes the icebergs melt and flames erupt.

Have you ever been to the United States, do you know any "yanks" other then on this forum?

Yes and Yes

Another thing, is most of the posts you have on this forum are anti american, so you go after us and our country that we love, and you are going to get the horns.

Most of my posts on this forum are anti-stupidity. For some reason stupid things come from America, so people assume im anti American.

How do you expect to speak your mind in the way you have and not be challenged on it, I dont think you should get any warnings, but you shouldnt be free of persecution.

I was expecting to be challenged, i was prepared for warnings. Strangely enough i didnt get them. Oh well.

It doesnt matter what I saw, or what any other american says, usually people with so much hatred, are too close minded to see anything else.

My room is wall to wall with swords, spears, knives and other weapons. I do various martial arts' and i practice archery and am quite good at it.

I know what a weapon is. I know what a gun is, and it isnt a weapon.

I will be waiting on bated breath for you to finish giving us all your infinite wisdom in your other posts.

Heres something im glad to hear

In Australia, minding its own buisness, as it should be.

@Paresthesia

although you kind of need to lighten up, I still agree with what you say, especially about the nuclear weapons.

Im a very light person
so light fire needs sunglasses
im just ranting, its hard to have a happy rant

it would probably just be that you need to start thinking about the good things about America, not just that bad.And if you do only focus on the bad, don't be surprised when people argue or get mad with you.

Again...i was ranting, i know there are good things. I have good friends in America. Doesnt change my stance much.

I dont mind if people get mad at me either, im speaking the truth. It is nice and easy to see what i am saying, if they try to deny it then it proves my point all the more.

@Nerbot

The world is a big place and the U.S. has no right to be a self appointed sherrif to the rest of the world thankyou.

It has the right of might, unfortunatly. So barbaric and distasteful.

Nice one OP

Thanks, bud. Appreciate the input!

Gunner36

Let me rephrase, I believe it to be the greatest country in the world, I live here I am an American, and I love my country. I dont really see that as arrogance, just my opinion.

Yes, now feel free to say it loudly and obnoxiously and fail to understand why you are pissing people off.

I dont want us to be the worlds sherrif, if you need help, I am all for helping, but we have too many troubles here that need to be adressed.

We will tell you if we want you very special brand of help.

If you bothered to look at his other posts you would see that he has some anger that needs to be taken care of.

Now thats mean, some people dont give a crap about research and prefer to read whats here. Thats why i didnt bother putting 40 billion links in my post, i never read them, i assume others dont either.

Did I ever say anything about being the boss of the world nerbot? Unless people come a long way in the future, there isnt going to be such a thing as a world citizen.

If the US had its way we would all be American Citizens.

As for taking action against our government, if I myself could take them on, I would do it right now.

If my government does something i dont like i take action, alone or not. Make an example.

I dont ever have freedom of speech in my country! Doesnt matter, though
My government respects my human rights without being told to by anyone.

@Kaken

I don't want people to think we're arrogant.

I generalise because its easier, but thank you for being an Understanding American *shakes your hand*

@Freeborn

Whilst I agree that Americans can display a certain arrogance that borders on fascism.
Borders?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   

that can appear to equal anything that Islam has to offer.

In America, Islam isnt as prolific, also because of the 'religious freedom but if you arnt Christian we wont like you" stance the US has you see the worst of it.

I live in Sydney, about 20 minutes away from Stadium Australia, where the Olympics were held in 2000. Not many people know that there is a mosque only a stones throw away from the stadium, Churches closeby too.

Islam is a religion, and doesnt mean that Islamics are violent people, or anything like that.

Yes, their unwillingness to do anything substantial to address climate change issues is ignorance of the highest order.

Especially since alot of the time they dont even acknowledge that they are the worst contributers!

Yes, calling the finals of sports that only 2 countries participate in, (USA & Canada), The World Series, is delusional.

Same with Miss World (although the Aussie Jenniffer Hawkins, i think her name was as miss universe *Drool*)

But come on, to tar the whole of a nation consisting of over 300 million, legal, citizens, with the same brush is going slightly o.t.t. to say the least.

Arms race, i say. Combat insanity with insanity

Again, their stance on nuclear weapons is understandable.

How is it understandable?

All i see is a fanatical nation who, if attacked, holds the plunger to the earth rigged to blow.

However, they must realise that some countries want nuclear power technology. America has no God given right to deny anyone this.

I wish people would stop saying "God given" in front of 'right' however, simply because its a lie.

I enjoy both Baseball and American Football but they lack the subleties and finesse of Football, Rugby and Cricket. And the World Cup's in those sports comprise of nations from around the whole world, not just North America.

Bah, American football. In Australia we label it 'the sissy game' Simply because we play Aussie rules, basically the same game except without the pads and protection, our guys wear short shorts and shirts, hhehe.

Still, for all their faults and their perculiarly insular outlook on both current and historical events, I genuinely believe the world would be a lot worse place without them and their presence on the world scene.

They provide both the balance and the imbalance.

I think the vasy majority of American's are honourable, caring and well intentioned people who just want to get on and live their lives, just the same as the rest of us in this crazy, mixed up world.

Unfortunatly all the people who mean well are at the bottom rungs of a system that encourages ruthlessness.

Sorry for the rant but you know, it's that time of night

Welcome to the rant forum, have a drink on me.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:45 AM
link   
You know I was going to come on here and give hell, really just tear into everything that you laid out. But you know what, there is no reason to, you have your beliefs, I have mine. Maybe your post struck a chord with me, because some of it was right? I understand your gripe, I see where you are coming from. You have to understand that majority of people in this country are waking up, and they arent happy to see what has happened while they were sleeping. Things are changing, things will change. I am doing all I can, keeping an eye on my elected reps, letting them know that at least one person is watching, and will hold them accountable for their actions. I am trying to spread the word anyway I can, unfortunately we have been conditioned to fear, and not question our government. You tell some people of the corruption that is going on, and you are accused of being a nut, being a conspiracy theorist. Meanwhile they go home turn on fox news, and see the latest BS of britney, or OJ. While people are needlessly dying in Iraq and other places all over the world, we get force fed what some Hollywood idiot is doing. On the rare occasion that I watch the news, it usually ends in me wanting to throw the damn remote through the TV.

I appologize for my arrogance, like I said sometimes I get a little carried away, as anyone does when their way of life or beliefs are attacked. You are right anywhere that the quality of living is good, people are going to want to live there. So let me reprhase, this is the greatest country in the world for me, just like australia is the greatest for you etc etc. The thing about religion, if you read what our founding fathers say, they wanted a country where people were free to practice whatever religion they wanted. They didnt want a country based on religion, they based some laws, though shall not kill, steal, etc. But it wasnt supposed to be totally based on christianity or any other religion, it has been misinterprated by people pushing their own beliefs on everyone else. I believe in order to acheive nerbots vision of a one world unity, two things need to go away, religion and money. If not people will always be either killing for their god, or killing for more money and power. I think the foundations of religion are a good thing, but you dont need religion to be a good person and live by the principles that are interpreted in the bible. But religion is a conversation that could go on and on. Maybe I will start a Rant about that, there probably is already one going though.

Pushing our way of life on everyone else is not what I want. Our way of life works here, or it did work here for a hundred years or so, but just because it works here doesnt mean it is going to work in Iraq or russia or any other country in the world. Just like someone elses way of life wont work here. As for my fanatical patriotism, that word is so misused I dont even recognize it anymore. In todays definition you are only patriotic if you agree with everything the government does, and that isnt me.

Nerbot your view on being a united world is great, nothing would make me happier. It is a global battle we are fighting, it is the people behind the scenes in this country and other countries that working for the good of themselves, not the good of humanity.

Octavious, I extend my appology to you, for flying off the handle. I will agree to disagree with you in the future. You have your swords, I have my guns, I love my guns, mine have never hurt anyone and god willing they never will. I look at them, and I see their beauty, that may sound strange, but it is no stranger then seeing beauty in a sword. They are both tools, and they are tools that were made to shed blood. They are tools that in the wrong hands can wreak havoc, but they both show the worst and the best of humanity. they show what the mind can create, unfortunately they were created for the wrong reasons.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Here is the big thing i get annoyed about.

THE AMERICAN CONSTITUTION.

Now, any yanks who read this part of the rant will need to keep an open mind, i know its hard to take, i dont understand why, but the Constitution has become 'God' in America.

Now, the American constitution sounds like a good idea, until you really start to think about it.

1. "The American constitution insures my god given rights as a human being"

Now, there are a few things wrong here that i need to say.

Firstly, saying 'god given' rights is stupid, simply because the constitution was written by men, no deity interfered, so saying it is 'god given' is moronic.

Also, saying 'God given' is mixing Politics with religion, which is immediatly a stupid move.

2. "Without the constitution Americans would be opressed! No protection at all!"

Except for a few little things. Such as conscience. I would like to point you to the Australian constitution. We have no (0) Freedom of Speech, nothing, nada, zip.

and yet, we have people like Media watch, who review all Media and critique them, publicly pointing out plagerism, stupidity and all other things.

we have the chaser, who managed to infiltrate the APEC summit with a man dressed as Osama Bin Laden. Funny as hell, also was allowed to be publicly aired. It was embarrasing the the government, they are within their rights to take the tapes and crush them.

They dont.

Our rights are insured, they are just given and respected. We need no constitution.

So why do Americans need one? Well, what firstly comes to mind is the second amendment.

3."Without my guns the king of England could waltz right back here and start pushing me around"

Yes... but this is hinging on the ideal that no American would ever be violent to another. Woops, now the regulations and rules (ie. If you can breath you can get a gun) mean you have an armed population which is very touchy and has a hatred of authority.

Does anyone else see the problem? or is it just not Americans who see it?

but as one extremely intelligent poster pointed out to me before, America is allowed to have a high crime rate, simply because it has a high population.

Your view on crime is retarded, there is crime in this country, but look at the size of it.

Great going genius, your logic is impeccable.

So i suppose what i am saying is.

Constitution, why do you need it? I get what you have without needing to be told, also my government doesnt need to find inventive ways to get around my constitution, they are straight with me and tell me the changes and, usually, why they do it (if it isnt painfully obvious already)

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Ok so I have decided, that being as this is a rant section, and I have drank way too much coffee this morning, and am battling a good hangover, I am going to rant about the things that bother me about our country. It may be a long rant, and the more I think about the things that bother me, the more I start to agree with Octavious.

We dont have any right to say who can and who cannot have nuclear technology for power, or weapons for that matter. In my humble opinion nuclear weapons have no use in this world. I was watching Ron Paul on stupid oreilly the other night, oreilly asked him. Should we attack Iran? In my opinion that is a loaded question. Paul answered as no, and here is why, and tried to explain are failed foreign policy in not only the mid east but the world. To which the leprechaun told him we dont need a history lesson. I almost broke my TV by throwing my remote at it and screaming, that is exactly what the people in this country need! After his shouting down of Ron Paul, he started talking about britney spears or some other hollywood idiot. Our government needs to be held accountable for the fact that our failed foreign policies had everything to do with us being attacked on 911. Instead we start a war on terror, I am sorry but a war on an idea will not work, there is no clear enemy. How do you know who to fight, and how do you know when it is over? But I think there lies the reason of this pointless conquest that our government has falsely rallied the people for. It never ends, it goes on and on, and someone is making money off of it. But people wont see, because they are quietly dumbed down by the football game on TV, or what OJ or paris hilton is doing. Dont get me wrong, I love football, I live near Notre dame and am a rabid fan, but people get caught up in a game, rather then the destruction of their freedom.

I admit for a long part of my life, I was asleep. I was a good red blooded american man, or sheep as I see it now. I did what I thought was the right thing, agreed with anyone that had an R by their name, took what limbaugh said as the gospel. But even in doing that I knew deep down that wasnt who I was. I went to a tool concert and at the beginning they had a timothy leary recording, saying think for yourself, question authority. I thought to myself, that isnt right you arent supposed to question authority, but it got me thinking. It makes sense, the religous and political authority has been telling me us how to live, to control and place their view of reality on us. Pretty soon everything I heard I researched, I didnt take it at face value, then I started getting into finding out that I had been lied to. It really pissed me off, I still hold on to some of it, I still struggle with my mind, I know it isnt right, but I want to be a good boy.

It pisses me off that our government has imposed so much control over us, that people are scared to speak out. I run into it with my wife, "getting on the websites you do are going to bring the FBI to our door step". I tell you if they did, that would certainly firm up any belief that I am on the path of truth. Agree with our constitution or not, the founders of this country had a great idea, our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. A government for the people by the people. But does having a society with freedom breed corruption? Probably, and I would go to say that most of the corruption thrives in Washington DC, and all over the country at state and local level government. As I said before I do what I can, I am not going to take up arms and stop the government myself, but I try to spread as much word as I can and point things out to people.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConstantlyWondering

No answer? Ok, how is Australia's space program in general?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Dude you are doing what you say you hate about the united states, sure you arent invading our country and imposing your way of life on us. But saying your constitution is wrong, but my way of life is better because.. Our constitution is ours, for the most part it works here, it may not work anywhere else but it works here. Our constitution was written as a reminder, an outline of ok here is what isnt going to happen, here are the peoples rights, and they shall not be taken away. The second amendment is, if you read the founding fathers writings the most important part of our bill of rights. You can use the argument when they drafted it that guns didnt shoot fully automatic, they didnt hold 100 rounds etc etc. But the fact of the second amendment is, it was written in to give the people the chance to defend themselves against a tyranical government. They knew that an unarmed man is nothing but a slave, and that holds true if the weapons are guns, swords, bows, or sticks and stones. Maybe my analogy of the US being a big place was a little bit vague, it was vague. There isnt a country in the world that doesnt have violence, some definitely have less then others, but human beings are by nature violent. The thing about a gun is that, it is nothing more then a tool, I admit a tool born of death. But what weapon isnt a tool born of death? I assure you it isnt a war zone here, and you have to have a little more qualifications to buy a gun legally then just breathing. Granted sometimes people slip through the cracks like that crazy that shot people in virginia, but the overwhelming majority of gun crimes are used with guns obtained illegally. People killed in car accidents far outnumber gun victims, kids drowning far outnumbers kids being killed by guns. I am sure in Australia, even though guns are outlawed, people still have guns, and most likely the criminals. It is no ones right to tell me, i cannot protect my life, and that is what the constitution outlines.

The god given right, well yeah it is implying politics with religion. But freedom of religion in this country, freedom to worship whatever you choose is ok, kind of negates this country meaning to be based on christianity. In a perfect world you wouldnt need an outline of how to live life, we wouldnt need a constitution to remind the people they have the right to live free. Is our constitution perfect, no, nothing is perfect. But in my opinion when I look at it, when I read what was laid in place after fighting for freedom, it was very insightful, and a great idea of how human beings should live.

You do have thinking in common with one american that comes to mind, good old king GW thinks it is just a g damn piece of paper also.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:04 PM
link   
"Great" can refer to many aspects.

I reiterate, no country is the all-around "greatest country" in the world.

If we were to go by military and economic power, then I guess yes we are the "greatest" country in the world; but thats not all that counts.

If we went by quality of life, then Norway would be the greatest country in the world.

Now if we went by culture? Well, that is all a matter of opinion. Most countries have a unique culture, it all goes by one's individual taste.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Originally posted by Octavius Maximus

The 'greatest nation on earth' just happens to have a huge crime rate, the largest military budget ever, discrimination of ALL kinds (and more being invented every minute) and a washing machine in a suit for a leader.

And, they have me.

And thousands like me.

At 10, I was an addict.
At 17, I was homeless.

Now, pushing 40, I'm worth
somewhere in the 7 figures.

Legally.

What other country or nation
could this happen in ?

I understand frustration. Better
than most, I think.
Yes, I get pissed at the system
and govt. at times, but I step
back.
I take a breath.

And I pet my cat.
Does wonders.

Not sure where this is going...

I respect your views, and your
need to vent.

I truly hope it helped.

Regards,
Lex

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:17 PM
link   

It may be a long rant, and the more I think about the things that bother me, the more I start to agree with Octavious.

You should drink too much coffee and have hangovers more often!!

We dont have any right to say who can and who cannot have nuclear technology for power, or weapons for that matter.
[SNIP]
ars or some other hollywood idiot. Our government needs to be held accountable for the fact that our failed foreign policies had everything to do with us being attacked on 911.

The American way of forming foreign policy is strange. It looks at its sectors and allies in each sector and bases its foreign policy off that.

The problem with this is that it creates glaring problems in the real world when it has to stay allies economically, but enemies militarily.

Instead we start a war on terror, I am sorry but a war on an idea will not work, there is no clear enemy. How do you know who to fight, and how do you know when it is over?

Weve seen this exact thing before when the US had its war on communism.

It pisses me off that our government has imposed so much control over us, that people are scared to speak out. I run into it with my wife, "getting on the websites you do are going to bring the FBI to our door step". I tell you if they did, that would certainly firm up any belief that I am on the path of truth. Agree with our constitution or not, the founders of this country had a great idea, our right to life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness. A government for the people by the people. But does having a society with freedom breed corruption?

Here is the ultimate idea.

As an observer i will say that too much freedom creates corruption. Freedom is taken as an idea and is changed from what it should be.

Americans have this strange impulse which makes them adopt a good idea and then take it to extremes ,making it unwieldy.

Your founders say "We want the people of this land to be free" which is all well and good, it is the basis of a democracy. But Americans have taken this to an extreme which means they are free from everything, free from persecution of their actions

"This is my car so your not allowed to search it!"

free from consequences

"Innocent until proven guilty!"

and all manner of other 'liberties' which make the authority processes break down. When Authority has no authority then they need to find inventive ways to get around your liberties so they can do their jobs effectively.

When you notice this, you persecute them for it, creating bad feelings between different classes and ultimately making an untrusting society where no sector seeks to understand or respect another sector.

No answer? Ok, how is Australia's space program in general?

While you are staring at the moon and into space you seem to lack the right visual accumen to see what i posted in my second post.

In Australia, minding its own buisness, as it should be.

Really, reading other peoples posts is part of being on a forum.

Dude you are doing what you say you hate about the united states, sure you arent invading our country and imposing your way of life on us. But saying your constitution is wrong, but my way of life is better because.. Our constitution is ours, for the most part it works here, it may not work anywhere else but it works here. Our constitution was written as a reminder, an outline of ok here is what isnt going to happen, here are the peoples rights, and they shall not be taken away.

yes, i understand that, that is why i went to the trouble of explaining why i thought the constitution has evolved into something which is detrimental to a society.

The second amendment is, if you read the founding fathers writings the most important part of our bill of rights. You can use the argument when they drafted it that guns didnt shoot fully automatic, they didnt hold 100 rounds etc etc. But the fact of the second amendment is, it was written in to give the people the chance to defend themselves against a tyranical government. They knew that an unarmed man is nothing but a slave, and that holds true if the weapons are guns, swords, bows, or sticks and stones.

An unarmed man is nowhere near a slave.

You are given human rights because you are human, not because of a constitution.

www.aph.gov.au...

Here is my constitution, ive looked at it once in my lifetime and didnt really take any of it in.

Here are the weapons of a human in a government:
1) His Vote
2) His speech
3) His mind

A man needs no more than these 3 (and alot of the time only one of these 3) to have a weapon.

US being a big place was a little bit vague, it was vague. There isnt a country in the world that doesnt have violence, some definitely have less then others, but human beings are by nature violent. The thing about a gun is that, it is nothing more then a tool, I admit a tool born of death. But what weapon isnt a tool born of death?

Here is my question.

You have a tool, created not as a status symbol (sword), not as an adaption (an axe or scythe) but as a tool for death, point and click.

Where is the sense of giving every person one of these? I dont see it, saying you can protect yourself against a tyrannical government doesnt seem to cut it in my mind because there are many places where the government works fine when the people arnt armed.

I assure you it isnt a war zone here, and you have to have a little more qualifications to buy a gun legally then just breathing. Granted sometimes people slip through the cracks like that crazy that shot people in virginia, but the overwhelming majority of gun crimes are used with guns obtained illegally.

Yes, but the amount of weapons in the country means that obtaining it illegally is easy.

I am sure in Australia, even though guns are outlawed, people still have guns, and most likely the criminals. It is no ones right to tell me, i cannot protect my life, and that is what the constitution outlines.

We have alot more car deaths than we do gun deaths.

I have never ever ever seen a person with a gun who isnt in the army or a police officer, that is how it should be. Giving Criminals the same weapon as the police just makes it easier to commit crime.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 09:27 PM
link   

The god given right, well yeah it is implying politics with religion. But freedom of religion in this country, freedom to worship whatever you choose is ok, kind of negates this country meaning to be based on christianity.

But why is it, then, that to enter politics you basically need to be a devout Christian?

Its an unwritten rule, you dont get the Christian vote unless you are a christian.

Hell, im an Atheist who supports abortion, would i ever get any kind of job in congress or anything?

Of course not.

In a perfect world you wouldnt need an outline of how to live life, we wouldnt need a constitution to remind the people they have the right to live free. Is our constitution perfect, no, nothing is perfect. But in my opinion when I look at it, when I read what was laid in place after fighting for freedom, it was very insightful, and a great idea of how human beings should live.

When a person is born and lives in the light, then they learn to love it.

You love the constitution because it is all youve ever lived in, i am the opposite.

You do have thinking in common with one american that comes to mind, good old king GW thinks it is just a g damn piece of paper also.

Please, I had some respect for you! Dont throw it away with petty cheap shots.

If we were to go by military and economic power, then I guess yes we are the "greatest" country in the world; but thats not all that counts.

Especially while your dollar is declining.

And, they have me.

And thousands like me.

At 10, I was an addict.
At 17, I was homeless.

Now, pushing 40, I'm worth
somewhere in the 7 figures.

Legally.

What are you trying to prove to me beyond the fact that your society can premote such atrocities to happen?

I understand frustration. Better
than most, I think.
Yes, I get pissed at the system
and govt. at times, but I step
back.
I take a breath.

And I pet my cat.
Does wonders.

I got 3 cats, love them all
They love me too. one was on my lap as i ranted

I respect your views, and your
need to vent.

I truly hope it helped.

Course it didnt, nothing helps until i become Terra Imperator.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join