It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Japanese journalist gunned down by Burmese Troops!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Impreza
That soldier is just walking around in his sandals shooting people with an AK. Wtf! He's way too comfortable, someone needs to knock him over the head!

sickening isn't it?
Like he's taking a stroll in the park!

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Daedalus3

Yes, this is a very tough situation.

I think if the regional powers were willing to go in on the ground, the U.S. might very well be able to provide a carrier group for naval and air cover, but there would be no way we'd put ground troops in there now given our own military situation.

Sadly, probably nothing will happen and the democracy movement will be crushed.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:28 AM
link   
The head of APF(The video agency that Kenji NAgai was working for) has arrived in Burma to identify the japaense journalist's body and take it back.

Mr. Toru Yanaji also said that he would search for te video footage that Kenji was taking just seconds before he died.

I hope he finds that footage, and I hope it is published.
We owe it to Mr. Nagai to see that.

....Toru Yamaji, president of APF News Inc., came to the city to recover Nagai's body and search for the footage the journalist took moments before he was shot and killed while filming the crackdown on antigovernment protesters by security forces of Myanmar's ruling military junta on Thursday....

.....Yamaji added he would search for the videotape in 50-year-old Nagai's camera at the time of his death because it is believed he kept filming right up to his death.

Source

new topics

<< 1   >>

join