It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did my dead father leave a curse?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My Father died July 8th from Diabetes complicated from decades of Alcohol abuse. He was 57 years old.

He didn't have much, just a riding lawnmower, an old raggedy truck, and a couple hundred bucks in a bank account.

Well my relatives to make a long story short were being kinda weird about things, not filling me and my half-sister of our Father on what we were supposed to get.

So it turns out my Father's girlfriend he was living with when he died took it upon herself to sell the riding lawnmower. And shes also been trying to access his bank account unsuccessfully, since me and my sis are the sole heirs to whatevers in there.

So then to the truck, this will all tie in to the topic dont worry. My one aunt, I have two, was telling me its old and ragged and cant pass inspection and she wanted her husband to get it for odd jobs, besides, it wouldnt make it half way across country to me. Okay fine I said, even though it coulda been sold for a grand at least, and my car is broke and I am broke but whatever.

So now I find out that my Father's girlfriend was trying to get those funds outta the bank from my half-sis that we are entitled to, and my half-sis filed a claim for it now.

Here's the weird part. When I spoke about this with my OTHER aunt originally, who was on my side and wanted me to get everything b/c she said my Father said that to her, I said to her, "well we are outnumbered and powerless now, let those who want to be shameful with greed bring that shame upon themselves, and we can rest knowing that they hold that shame." She agreed.

It gets weirder now. This was July when he died. Now, my Aunt who got the truck for her husband, they're divorcing now, out of nowhere their relationship exploded and they're breaking it off.

And my Father's girlfriend who sold the lawnmower and tried to take my money? She had 3 surgeries this week and was in a Coma and in ICU, she awoke yesterday but has another 2 surgeries and nobody knows whats going to happen.

Now this could all be coincidence, but my Father despite having no will clearly in his heart wanted his kids to have all he had when he passed. And we got nada. And the greedy ones, each person who received cash or items worth cash from his death that were entitled to me and my half-sis have had grave misfiortune ever since and as I said, ones on the verge of death and the other lost her husband.

Hmm. Perhaps when a man passes, he can submit requests to God based on what he would've wanted to actually happen. And we all know God can be vengeful. Now im not saying God made these lady ill or made my aunt's relationship go to crap, but sometimes you have to wonder when only those who received his last belongings whom he meant for his children have all fallen into misfortune of varying degrees since.

Crazyness.. what do you think about this?

Hey MM .. is this all a coincidence too?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by runetang

unless you can show causation, it will be said that this is a coincidence by both myself and MM.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:39 PM
link   
R. Sorry, this is typical family behavior from my experience as I have seen basically the same thing in my family. Shameful displays of greed.

I really don't think a "curse" is involved but maybe the laws of Karma do exist but I am pretty skeptical about them too.

Anyway, you are to be congratulated for maintaining perspective of the situation. Bless your heart!

Life's lessons are sometimes ugly.

Namaste
whaaa

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
In answer, yes, it's coincidence.

Greedy people who don't do the right things don't get along in their own relationships very well, which would explain the marital breakup. Selfish greedy people act that way in their own marriages, so it's not a surprise to me that they've broken up. It's a normal course of events for dysfunctional people.

Health is health and illness is illness and there's no curse involved with that. Just luck of the draw, or in this case, bad luck of the draw.

In one way of looking at it, I would say you have a point: the curse being that the people who did wrong, even though they do it seemingly with no ill conscience, will have it weigh on them consciously or subconsciously for the rest of their lives. In that sense, they've cursed themselves, but not in the metaphysical sense.

Why hit me over the head with a hammer?
You KNOW I was gonna say that.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 07:50 PM
link   
I was just playin with you. Sorry if i seemed brash the other day in that other thread.

I forgot one thing. I received something of his, my other aunt, not the ones who's divorcing, got the coat she bought him, this nice leather jacket, and sent it to me instead, he wore it a few times but its pretty new.

And good things are happening to me. Well, im in a low position but i guess you can only climb when you're at ground zero.

Oh yeah, his girlfriend died today. Her family had her taken off life support, thats all I was told. So, yeah.

My mother lately keeps telling me she keeps dreaming about him every single night, and that its so unusual for her.

And me, well, I never knew him much, I saw him like ten years ago, then when i was like 4, and thats it. But i knew him. It's just odd.

I'll let you know if anyone else falls off like flies for taking anymore of his stuff.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:26 AM
link   
Your story reminds me of what I went through with my father's family. My dad is still alive but his family is upset with me because they think I'm doing him wrong by keeping him in a locked ward.

His family doesn't seem to care what my mother went through for 30 years with him and the faculty there. About four years ago when he was living here at home, he was in one of his manic modes and almost got himself killed. He was rushed to emergency and that very next day they were going to release him but I called them up and told them that he can't come home like that. By this time my mother was very upset and couldn't handle taking care of him anymore. Not only that she had her own health issues that she couldn't take care of because she was caring for me dad. But noooooo....it seems my father's family doesn't understand that.

Throughout the years...one of his sisters would call my mother and say that he needs to come home...blah blah blah. My mother isn't the type to just tell someone off so she would just listen and try to tell them why. But they still think they have all the answers.

So recently, they went to visit him and threaten to take him out of the ward and make a scene about it right in front of him. My uncle ends up calling my mother and telling her that I don't need to be living here in this house that it isn't my house and that he was going to give me a week to get out. Not only that he threatens to hurt my husband.

What the hell! I had to come back and live here because we went homeless and had to live with my husband's family for awhile, then at the same time my father gets sick...my mother's sister in law gets sick and falls into a coma. She was a very good aunt to us and she was never racist towards my husband like my father's family was. She was like a grandmother to my husband and we had to help take her husband to the doctor to see her almost everyday. If it was for her I wouldn't of ever met my husband.

Eventually she passed away, and we had problems with her family which is another story within itself. So I have been through a lot of stuff when it comes to family...it seems to never end. And try to have a young child to take care of at the same time? It was very hard on me and my husband to have to go through all this hardship.

I ended up filing a police report against my father's brother, who has his own issues with the law right now, his sister was also in a locked ward before, and her husband who is in law enforcement.

I was very close to filing a restraining order against all three of them. I asked my husband if I should do it but he told me not to because they were just talking mess. I ended up praying that my uncle stop calling which he did, thank God. But I did wonder if it stopped to because of my uncle having some issues with the law himself and they called him on it or what.

But then, he ends up emailing my mother a letter about how he is going to kick me out this house, I don't belong here...yada yada yada. So I blocked the email address and marked it as spam so we haven't heard a peep out of them. I also have proof from when he visited my dad that he was asking my father about his money and how he gets it.

I haven't a clue as to what they are all doing now...frankly I really don't care. I have one of my fathers other sisters who emails me but she isn't bad like the others. I'm not up to talking to any of them at this point. They showed their true colors and I no longer consider them my family...they never loved me because if they did, they would not have ever judged me the way they have.

I'm even at variance with my own mother sometimes and I surely don't agree with things my mother in law says about her beloved televangelist she follows.

All reminds me of what Jesus said...
And a mans foes shall be they of his own household.

Family sure is fun :bnghd:

[edit on 28-9-2007 by DearWife]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Isn't it shameful how some people treat a dying family member and/or his estate? Appalling.

I had a friend several years ago, a very gentle gay man, who had advanced AIDS. His family would have nothing to do with him. In his community it was considered a great shame. He was a very sweet guy, I never heard him raise his voice. He always had a smile on his face for anyone.

When he was dying none of his family would come. He died with friends, and management from his apartment around him, but not one family member.

the next day the family descended on his apartment like vultures and stripped out anything of value.

It was disgusting. I was glad he wasn't alive to see it.

[edit to add wayward "r"]

[edit on 28-9-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Yes it is shameful.

Btw, his girlfriend did pass away as well.

new topics

top topics

join