It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giuliani supporters exploiting 9/11 with $9.11 Fundraiser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Giuliani supporters exploiting 9/11 with $9.11 Fundraiser

alternet.org

Giuliani supporters are holding a $9.11 a head event to raise money for his 2008 campaign in a crass attempt to cash in on the most infamous event in his background. In the clip Keith Olbermann and writer Jonathan Alter from Newsweek discuss the fallout or lack thereof from this action.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:22 PM
link   
He is crass, he is cynical and he is exploitive of a national tragedy in ways that can only be described as obscene.

And he is the GOP front runner.

How can any party that proclaims itself as the party of decency go with this... this parasite leeching off of our national tragedy?

He may or may not have had anything to do with this specific fund raiser, but that is only a matter of splitting hairs. His whole campaign plays on fear mongering; and the milking the events of that horrible day, for all it is worth.

alternet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Better than the $2,000/head dinners that some of these politicians have.

All politicians exploit whatever they can to get elected. This surprises you? If Hillary would have thought of it first, she would have done it too.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by closettrekkie

I don't think so. 9/11 is the only thing Giuliani has to run on and this fund raiser shows even his supporters know it.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:40 PM
link   
I think the fact that a majority of New Yorkers can't stand the guy anymore speaks volumes.

But you know, in the end it doesn't matter if anybody likes him or not, he's 'their' lapdog now and 'they'll' keep throwing money into this and future campaigns. He sold his soul to the devil...he sold out Americans....he sold out period!

Peace

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I don't understand why anybody would vote for him anyway. He was just a mayor, not a governor. Granted, he was mayor of a very large city, but going from mayor to president seems like a bit of a leap, don't you think? But of course 9-11 is the only reason he has a chance to get on the ballot so he's got to play off of that. That's the only card he holds. I don't think he's got much of a chance of winning though. A lot of Republicans don't like him because he's not conservative enough and Democrats don't like him because he's a Republican.

I sure wish we had better choices to choose from. Man, I can't even begin to think about who I'm going to vote for. It would be Ron Paul if he even had a chance in hell, but he probably won't even get on the ballot.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:50 PM
link   
The party was held at Stanford University by a faculty member of the very conservative Hoover Institution (Home of Condi Rice among others). According to someone I know who was there, it was a hand picked crowd of very conservative venture capital / Silicoln valley types etc. The $9.11 waqs just for sun as these guys are contributing big $$$ and influence etc.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

I assume you meant just for fun... you wrote just for sun. Still...

For fun? For fun? 9/11 was a national tragedy and they charge $9.11... for fun?

I can't say what I want to about THEIR (the fund raisers) notion of fun without having it removed and getting a warning.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

Sorry I did not mean it to come out that way as "fun" What I was trying to point out was that the $9.11 was such a token sum for the people at the meeting and some staffer thought it would be cute and send a message etc.

The local firefighters are really up in arms about it and I do not blame them. But from a realistic standpoint the area is quite liberal and he is here not to win any votes but rather make the $$$$$$

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by FredT

CUTE?

Thats just as bad.

Does anything say more about how seriously SOME on the conservative right take the events of that day?

SHEET if I were those firefighters I would have to seriously think about if I would want to respond to a fire at that address.

top topics

join