It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Dont Understand Icke

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:23 AM
link   
Im trying to learn new things but I dont understand how David Icke isnt total nonsense. Come on shapeshifting reptilians? Wheres the proof? And does it target certain backgrounds? UK blood, etc. I just need help trying to understand what I believe is complete crap at the moment

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i prefer to just let the reptilian stuff go in one ear and out the other. icke still has some great things to say, and it wouldn't surprise me much if he was a disinfo agent, purposely mixing these sci-fi fantasies with facts, to discredit the facts.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Icke has a lot of great things to say in my opinion. If you want to know more about who he is, watch David Icke - was he right?.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well what was most compelling is the Babylonian history stuff. Those books seem more like a history than the myth people think they are. And theres some crazy stuff going on like other planets, aliens, space craft. etc. Theres literally hundreds of authors who have written about it. There is something to the ancient writings more than just fables. That stuff is incredibly interesting. I recommend researching a poster here named Undo who has written some good stuff

The shapeshifting reptiles i could take or leave, myself, but there is alot of weird stuff with that for instance he has a bunch of people who have said they saw reptile shifting in peoples faces etc. The weird thing is that in the ancient texts the aliens they speak of have some of the feature described by these "eye witnesses" and i saw a video where he is talking to Credo Mutwa and african man who knows alot about the culture there and says that the the ancient ancestors were full aware of aliens and stuff like that. At one point i think he said that the africans even hunted them. Alot of bizzare interesting stuff, dont know how much i believe.

Icke may be unconventional but i dont think hes insane, or at least not completely. The Babylonian Annunaki stuff is there literally in stone you can research it yourself. Very interesting. Theres gotta be something to the 2012 stuff and i bet theres something to do with those ancient writings. Icke and others like him i think a slowly uncovering parts of the past that will help us in the future.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by feanorthedude]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Shifter2012

Learning new things is good - believing everything you hear/see is bad.

I think you are on the right track in seeing the ludicrousness of Ickes claims. Giving the reptillian "theories" a complete ignore as it passes through your head is a good move. Whatever you do dont get to bogged down in the multitude of fantasies that run rampant here so as to derail your common sense. Facts arent as fun or fancy but they will feel better when validated.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Thats kindof strange that with a name like Shifter2012, you think the reptilian stuff is nonsense. Actually thats what got me into David Icke. I saw a brief article on him, and i thought 'who the hell is this guy?!?!'. Then it said he got a standing ovation at the University of Toronto!

I thought how can this guy who thinks G.B is a shapeshifting reptile from another dimension get a standing ovation in front of all these college students and not get laughed off the stage!

Then i read an interview right after that, and i was blown away and immediately purchased 2 of his books.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i've actually noticed a surge in reptillian postings recently....what annoys me is when someone calls you close minded because you won't buy the reptillian story, i'm not close minded, i just have common sense, and it's a helluva lot better than being gullible

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Smugallo

Is it common sense to reject a theory because it sounds stupid? Have you tried to learn more or did you just make up your mind right when you heard the word reptilians like most people?

You say you have common sense, but closing your ears is not common sense.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hikix

Oh I'll be the first to say his stuff is compelling, a fun read, but I really do not think that anyone cant safely go deep into whats left of human history, or at least our interpretation of it and can be assured of what took place "back in the day". Our history is so carved up and butchered we may never know what these ancient peoples were trying to express, probably will never be able to reconstruct thier thought processes with any certainty.

No matter what you end up thinking though, always remember that half of writing history is hiding the truth.....

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Am I gullible? I don't think so. Do I "buy" the reptile theory, or do I poo-poo it as nonsense? The answer to that is somewhere in the middle. "Common sense" tells me that it's not likely. Read that again: "not likely". Common sense doesn't tell me: "That's an impossible, ridiculous idea." It does tell me that there must be something to it. Icke's research is impeccable, and what he presents should not be dismissed by anyone who claims to be open-minded. Yes, I think his claims are outrageous and far-out; but I'll listen to what he has to say as I try to make sense of it myself.
What I have a hard time doing is arguing this point with skeptics without sounding like I totally endorse all his theories, which I don't. I just think there's something to this phenomena, and I'm not above saying that Icke knows way more about it than I do.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Teratoma
Am I gullible? I don't think so. Do I "buy" the reptile theory, or do I poo-poo it as nonsense? The answer to that is somewhere in the middle. "Common sense" tells me that it's not likely. Read that again: "not likely". Common sense doesn't tell me: "That's an impossible, ridiculous idea."

I share the same sentiment as you do. I am 'inbetween' on the reptilian theory.. who knows, truth is stranger then fiction. And, D.I does do a pretty convincing job at at least making me consider it as a possibility. If 2012 rolls by and everyone starts turning into reptiles, i guess i can be a little less surprised then 99% of people. I am actually more willing to accept the fact that an ancient E.T race interbred with us, and is covertly controlling us than believing that holograms flew into the WTC!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I remember his coming out on a talk show.

One day he's presenting sports, the next he's dressed in a white track suit and claiming to be the Messiah.

Clear case of a nervous breakdown, i figured.

Over the years though, he's had some interesting things to say.

It doesn't matter if he might be wide of the mark on a few issues, the man has definitely got an insight to some of this world's machinations.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I agree with Teratoma. It is a very far fetched idea, but it sort of fits together in some weird way. Icke has done alot of research, but the he got the idea of reptilians is from african tribes belief in evil reptile demons in the jungle, and people telling him they have personally seen people shapeshift, so it isn't exactly solid evidence.

The things I really hate lately are all these video of people posting youtube videos saying it is proof that elite are reptile because their eyes change for one frame of the video.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:47 PM
link   
His ideas are far-fetched and outlandish, but so was everything we know today at one point in history. Also, he was not the first person to be talking about reptilians as commonly believed, he just brought it into the mainstream.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:57 PM
link   
65million years between us and the dinosoars,

5million years of mammals

2000+ years of patchy human history

Im not sure if it is true, but tell me why cant it be true,

If ailens do exist they would they would be in no dout be able to pull the strigs at the highest levels,
even if 57 variaties had all agreed not to.

i think it can be closed minded to dismiss this as nonsence as as its far from immpossible!

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by made2fade
I remember his coming out on a talk show.

One day he's presenting sports, the next he's dressed in a white track suit and claiming to be the Messiah.

that's inaccurate. He said he was the son of god, not jesus, or the messiah. Son of god. But we are all god's children, according to many. This is one of the most misquoted things about Icke.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Can anyone give some pictures or videos that you find to be the most convincing evidence of reptilians? Im watching the Icke video right now ^^

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
i don't think any video or picture evidence exists.

the most "proof" you will find is in the form of witness accounts, and ancient stories.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
David Icke knows that the reptilian issue is what makes most people turn against him, yet he continues to tell the story as he knows it. He is a brave man which continues to do what he believes in, even in the face of ridicule from the masses.

He could just as easily have taken the easier route and stopped talking about the reptilians, but the fact that he didnt, it shows a lot of character strength.

If you have a hard time believing reptilians, at least listen to the rest.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

David Icke knows that the reptilian issue is what makes most people turn against him, yet he continues to tell the story as he knows it. He is a brave man which continues to do what he believes in, even in the face of ridicule from the masses.

He could just as easily have taken the easier route and stopped talking about the reptilians, but the fact that he didnt, it shows a lot of character strength.

my take on this, is that he realizes without the claims of reptilians, he would just be another conspiracy theorist with a blog. The reptilian theory is his trademark, and one of the main reasons he is so well known.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join