It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Robert Zubrin and MARS direct.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:44 AM
link   
How much credibility does this man have with NASA. Is he giving an official blueprint and aim, or is it just propaganda? I was hoping John Lear could verify this project and I heard that Zubrin named the prototype NASA Mars 3 year craft "Battlestar Galactica" after the fabled sci fi story.

There is a wonderful documentary on right now discussing the NASA "30 year plan" on Discovery HD. I just don't understand it. Why not use EM antigravity propulsion and stop this cover story if it is in fact a cover story. John Lear, where are you? Help me out, I'm gonna go watch the rest and figure out why they spend all this money just on a cover program..

Aerospace Engineer Robert Zubrin

[edit on 9/27/2007 by StreetCorner Philosopher]

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:23 AM
link   
I have always been a big fan of Zubrin and his vision for space exploration. His ideas are practical and attainable with current technology. However, since our space exploration is essentially run by government buracracy (sp) his ideas are treated as fantasy. But that is the problem. We need more Visionaries and forward thinkers and less pencil pushers and bureaucrats

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

It seems like he's NASA's point man to me. Lear's not. If you're foolish enough to believe Lear, don't wait on a response from him, just imagine whatever you want to believe about the Solar System and be happy with that. I guarantee you it will be just as scientifically valid as the junk-grade "information" that JL is fond of polluting the forum with.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 12:39 AM
link   
I agree,

John Lear is alot of Science Fiction without any science fact backing it up. At Least Zubrin is speaking from a well founded science background.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:01 AM
link   
From your point of view. I'm a UFOlogist just like Lear and am currently in the process of trying to distinguish which is disinformation. The NASA program, or the Secret Space program? 2 point of views. Truth is only found within yourself and I'm listening to my heart tell me that the NASA program is either a cover program or just the D branch of the space program.

The USAF SC are separate from NASA? I don't know why, beuracracy never ends, does it stop at the NASA channel?

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by StreetCorner Philosopher

As far as I can tell, any involvement the USAF has with space related matters is only as far as defense is concerned. NASA primarily handles peaceful applications, although USAF and other defense agencies will need their help from time to time.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by StreetCorner Philosopher
From your point of view. I'm a UFOlogist just like Lear and am currently in the process of trying to distinguish which is disinformation. The NASA program, or the Secret Space program? 2 point of views. Truth is only found within yourself and I'm listening to my heart tell me that the NASA program is either a cover program or just the D branch of the space program.

Nah nah nah.... Spiritual truth is found within oneself, not observational truth. A point of view doesn't make it truth, simply because people are fallible. John Lear provides this forum with speculative theory and fails to provide any observational fact to back it up. So unless you find that his stories lead you to some kind of spiritual enlightenment, they are nothing but hogwash.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Can you display any logical evidence that it is hogwash? and why 50% of global pop. believes in them from the millions of witness accounts across the world?

None of these witnesses get attention. Do you think this is a build up of a new belief system directed by the Vatican? And when UFOlogy gets big enough, a holographic staged invasion will take place to create control and DNA registration?

Ponder..

top topics

join