It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

S. African bishop: Condoms tainted with AIDS

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by shearder

Just wanted to make a comment to the statement that the person who is saying not to use condoms is just saying let the people die. I don't like what he has said, and in a way your statement may be right, but I also just think there are some out there who are worse and make worse statements.
Reference thread below.

thred one
thread two

apc

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by shearder
He is trying to scare the people into doing HIS bidding.

A Christian using fear to further an agenda? Who could have thought of such a thing?!

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedGolem
reply to post by shearder

Just wanted to make a comment to the statement that the person who is saying not to use condoms is just saying let the people die. I don't like what he has said, and in a way your statement may be right, but I also just think there are some out there who are worse and make worse statements.
Reference thread below.

thred one
thread two

Having read those threads, I agree that the people involved in issuing those fatwa are not showing responsible religious leadership, just the same as the Archbishop.

As to whether they are worse, in reality no, I don't think that any 'pronouncement' by a so called religious authority that may result in either the death of an individual of the death of thousands can be considered 'worse'. I do not put a scale on these things particularly when the majority of these things just become tomorrows waste newspaper blowing around the streets.

What I think is bad is any example of radical religion that uses the faith / belief / superstition of their people to further their own agenda. Often by commiting the same sins that they claim to deplore. We could sit here all day googling examples of members of every religion throughout the ages calling for evil deeds to be done without neccessarily reflecting the laws and doctrines of their particular faith.

All it does is prove to me that my distrust of organised religion, of any type, is correct. I have no problem with people who have faith, only that the organisations behind them and their 'professionals' often have agendas other than just the teachings of their religion.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by EJHoover

Hoover,
that was all very well said

Although I might put a higher weight on those who call for people to be killed vs calling to not use condoms. I do agree with you about organised religion. With it comes people furthering there own agenda all to often breeds hatred and self richness.
Those are just my opinions though.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join