It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dogs water bowl and the multi-dimensional Universe

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
The other day I was watching my dog drink some water out of his dish.
And as he licked up the H2O and walked away, I watched the waves and ripples in action circulating and stirring the liquid. At the angle I was the sun rays hit the water in such a way that it looked like a sine wave of light reflected off of the water.
I began to ponder the significance of this interaction of two energies.

My theory is that the water represents the 5th dimension or another higher dimension. Energy travels through this higher dimension which is represented as the waves and ripples in the water. Light traveling from another location interacts with this higher dimension (water). Some of the light passes through to the higher dimension and some gets reflected. The light that is reflected off of this dimension is bent and distorted and carries the information of the energy (waves) to the receptors or observers, thus creating the 3rd dimension. The observers physical bodies are not separate from the 3rd dimensional light (hologram). Observers exists in another dimension and connected somehow. Is the observer consciousness or something else?

Personally I think that we are the energy that moved through the
higher dimension and the light that reflected off of it.
Essentially watching our own creation.

We are everything, and yet we are nothing

What are your thoughts?

[edit on 26-9-2007 by 1freelectron]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:28 PM
link   
weird but, I had a dream that I was being chased and I keep jumping in Dog Dishes to transport places

===========================
Mod Note: One Line Post – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Gemwolf]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Well after much thought of your most eloquent and detailed observation and hypothesis, I present the following two points:

1. Your dog was thirsty
2. You were stoned

To verify this..I just have one question. Did you immediatedly order a large stuffed crust pizza "all the way" after this moment of clarity? If so, case solved.

Honestly, contemplating this is just way too much for my atom-sized brain.
Kurious to see what others chime in.

regards...kk

[edit on 27-9-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by kinda kurious

Well I have to say I did not order that pizza, but it does sound good.
And unfortunately I was not stoned. If I was I probably would have written off the experience as being part of the high.

the actual thought only lasted about 10 seconds. It was as you stated a moment of clarity. I get these moments around every few months and they are very brief.
Its as if for those few seconds everything falls in place, and the world can be understood.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply and explanation. I didn't mean to trivialize your post so please take no offense. I have this terrible tendency to post non-funny responses when I have nothing useful to add. Sorry.

But as far as those "moments of clarity." That did strike a chord with me and I can relate to your experience better. For me, they are far and few between, but I know what if feels like to get a blink of enlightment, fulfillment and purpose, only to land back in my dreary, menial existence.

Nice thread. Looking forward to more insight from others.

kind regards..kk

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by 1freelectron

Holographic theory is one of the more popular ways of thinking about string theory and quantum theories of gravity. There's a pretty decent Scientific American article that summarizes the work in this area over the past ten years or so, albeit none of this has experimental backing yet.

homepage.mac.com...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:34 PM
link   
I am not versed in quantum theory, but have a working knowledge of holography & optics. What is happening in the case of the dog's water dish is actual sine waves are occuring on the light reflective surface. The viewer's eyes see two different points of reflection that are changing as the sine wave moves through the reflective surface. It is a very strange optical illusion, but not really 'proof' of a 5th Dimension unfortunately. Unless of course you mean something more like Fate, putting you in the right place to view the phenomena from at the right time with the angle of light hitting just right.

What you were experiencing is the type of moment that occur at certain sites on earth at certain times. In theory, if all the variables that put the dog, the dish, the water level, and the sun were able to be reproduced in 1 year at the same time, you would experience the same illusion. Like viewing a solstice from an ancient Mayan Observatory, or something of that nature...

Another way to experiment with the way our eyes/brain percieve three dimensions is to get a cheap pair of tinted sunglasses and break one lens out. Then watch some televison show with lots of side to side motion (Maybe a side scrolling video game like Super Mario?). You are staying in one place, and the video frames remain monoptic. But the 'tint' of the sunglasses slows the light entering one eye enough that two different (stereoptic) frames enter your brain at the same time and your brain combines the two into an image that shows 'depth'. It is not 'exact' and one eye covered for one direction works better than the other, so it takes some playing around. Those old rubber sunglasses from 1990 used to work perfect, pop in pop out....

Lucky for you, at least you were able to enjoy a phenomena that caused you to really think and imagine... Sometimes that is hard in today's world.

DocMoreau

[edit for spelling and clarity]

[edit on 28/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious
I know what if feels like to get a blink of enlightment, fulfillment and purpose, only to land back in my dreary, menial existence.

My feelings exactly.

thanks kurious

[edit on 29-9-2007 by 1freelectron]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
gotta love those moments of clarity. I find they're the only reason i believe we can escape the shackles of mundanity we so readily accept. They are what allowed me to see the shackles at all. As for dimension? i got a bit lost in your statement, but i think im in agreement. we are interdimensional beings. we travel either out into greater dimension or back to unity. each of us are striving to step to either the 5 or 2 dimensional universe. 4 is a pseudo dimension - true dimensions are prime. I dunno if this is related, but the 5th dimension is all of infinite time experienced as what can best be described as a single event. i.e. all time occuring simultaneously. The 2 dimensional universe is light. I (over) state all this as truth because that is how i experience it myself - i leave it to someone else to develop a 'real' proof if they should find they need it.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by 1freelectron

don't stop day dreaming and conceptualizing. it's healthy and keeps your mind sharp.
too many people loose touch with their creative side when growing up and they loose a large part of what CAN makes life so fun and interesting.

entertain any and all thoughts. without this type of thinking we would have no string theory, no chaos theory or indoor-toilets.
thanks for sharing your thoughts.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I know what if feels like to get a blink of enlightment, fulfillment and purpose, only to land back in my dreary, menial existence.

Also my feelings. It's quite interesting how one can somehow come to all the understandings of the universe in a few moments, yet when tries to explain, it slips through our minds like sand. Although... that aura of understanding is still there.

It's like trying to explain a dream. Your memory tends to evaporate, yet you can still feel the dream.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this. When you say "the observers" are the energy are you refering to human beings, or every creature of life?

I have come to understand that everything possible can be explained in every situation we arrive at. We are skeptical to that notion because we are used to only looking at surface value. But when one steps back, "out of the box", and patiently views occurences (as you did with your dogs water dish), we can make connections in our understanding.

These connections are possible only when one lives with an open mind. The majority of people are far too stubborn to accept other possibilities of thought and reality. After all, the surface value of say, a dog dish, is much more comfortable.

Great topic.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by zooplancton

I won't. I have always been a dreamer and my family and friends say I analyze things to much. They see it as a disorder, but I see it as a gift. I try to look at things from multiple perspectives and draw a conclusion from them if i can. If not, more thinking and reading is required. Its just the way I look at the world.

Thanks for post zooplancton

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Universe
When you say "the observers" are the energy are you refering to human beings, or every creature of life?

The observers are everything experiencing this dimension at that
moment in time. This is where I have to do some more thinking. What are the observers? Are they every atom or just conscious humans? Are they even separate at all, maybe there is one observer and we are mere thoughts of it?

These are questions I have yet to answer, and possibly never will come to a final conclusion.
I still wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes.

Thanks The Universe for reading and understanding

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not much to add here other than the following.

We can all attempt to replicate the time/space/sanity equivalent to re-create the prior environment which allowed us to achieve this "prone position" of enlightenment. We revisit a sacred place at a sacred time and attempt to recapture a prior moment.

And then, despite our best intentions, it does not materialize. Game over. I am not a big sports fan, but I have heard about being "in the zone" or a golfer who could do no wrong, or those days when you pass under all the green lights and everything just seems to go your way.

Those moments of clarity are what life is all about. You witness a spectactular sunrise/sunset, you witness a baby or puppy or kitten being born. These are the "once in a lifetime" experiences that leave a lasting impression on us all. Many on this forum suggest meditation and other techniques to achieve this perspective of understanding. I commend them all. I am here to learn, to practice, to test the waters, to achive goals and to, above all, LEARN.

Thank you all for your supreme insight. I am so full of myself that I think whatever words I type here now have any meaning. I bow down and look forward to your supreme insight.

regards..kk

[edit on 1-10-2007 by kinda kurious]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 09:18 PM
link   

I am here to learn, to practice, to test the waters, to achive goals and to, above all, LEARN.

summed up beautifully kk, I concur.

I bow down and look forward to your supreme insight.

no supreme insight here, just a student of the universe

[edit on 1-10-2007 by 1freelectron]

top topics

join