It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tom cruise fears alien attack

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:41 PM
link   
i'm sure tom cruise isn't the only one that built a shelter in fear of an alien attack. i doubt he has any inside information, just another paranoid nut case

the only reason this got any publicity is because the guy is a celebrity

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Either afraid of aliens or something or is getting ready for the cult headquarters!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
When I was a young lad in my pre teens, I was growing up in a climate of genuine fear. It was the early sixties and there was a real concern that the "Russkies" were going to attack at any moment.

In school, we practiced "ducking and covering" -- bending over and tucking our heads under our desks. A sure fire way to survive any nuclear attack, I'm sure. But, just in case we somehow managed to make it, our school had a fallout shelter in the basement. Stocked with food and water, we were ready.

In case an attack came during "after school" hours, my folks were sent reams of material from the Civil Defense (CD) authorities. With a bit of cement, concrete blocks and some lumber, the booklets from CD illustrated how we could build our own fallout shelter in our basement.

I suppose it was because my parents had lived through the horrors of WWII, as refugees from Eastern Europe, they had a keen insight and desire to make sure their kids survived. My Father, a carpenter, went overboard and turned one corner of the basement into a bunker that would have assured Saddam Hussien himself.

Two layers of concrete blocks for walls, steel beams for a ceiling, I am certain that my Father intended for us to survive anything. I was never one to question my Father's construction and design abilities -- especially as a kid -- but I remember asking him whether a thin, wooden, hollow core door with an old bathroom lock was sufficient. It looked so out-of-place when viewed, as a whole, against this mighty structure. He just shrugged and said "it's either going to be enough or it isn't....I hope we never find out".

We never did find out, thank God. The Cuban Missile Crisis past and the world settled into an uneasy peace. The U.S. and Russia settled into the Cold War and the we all developed a sort of complacency.

The basement fallout shelter became my hangout through my "teen-age" years. Those double walls and ceiling were quite sound-proof and it was the one place where I could crank up the "Doors" and "Led Zeppelin" up to ten. If anything had happened while I was partying with my friends in the fallout shelter, we would never had heard a thing until after the fact.

My parents built that shelter not because they were paranoid. They built that shelter because they felt that it was simply a prudent thing to do for the times. There was, in their opinion, a real and present danger from Russia and from a nuclear exchange. Maybe there was a "real" danger. Maybe there wasn't. Nevertheless, that shelter probably gave them something that was important to them -- peace of mind.

As for Tom Cruise, well, I don't have anything to really say about Tom. I don't think that he's a great actor but I must say that I have enjoyed most of the films that he has made. I will reserve my comments about his beliefs in Scientology -- they aren't necessarily positive ones. But I will say that if building a bunker offers him a modicum of "peace of mind" then so be it.

We do live in unpredictable times. There is a real and present danger of turmoil that could befall the U.S. from terrorism, man-made and natural calamities. If Tom feels that he would be happier and feel safer with a bunker, I can't fault him. A sense of security is something that is difficult to find. I just find it a bit troubling, on a personal note, to think that "after the smoke clears", the survivors will have to endure one additional hardship -- Tom Cruise.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:39 AM
link   
here building a bunker ? o right aliens carnt open buker doors. I wish i was as clever as Tom.

ProTo

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

That's right Stormdancer777, they are all bananas about their cult, I mean religion. I don't see underground bunkers helping in the case of alien attacks or if planet X colides with earth.

I will admit that I would build an underground bunker if I could afford to just in case we get nukes or I need a space to get away from my wife for awhile.

Hopefully we wouldn't get nuked and a short time later a Wal-Mart is built above my bunker.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by benevolent tyrant
When I was a young lad in my pre teens, I was growing up in a climate of genuine fear. It was the early sixties and there was a real concern that the "Russkies" were going to attack at any moment.

In school, we practiced "ducking and covering" -- bending over and tucking our heads under our desks. A sure fire way to survive any nuclear attack, I'm sure. But, just in case we somehow managed to make it, our school had a fallout shelter in the basement. Stocked with food and water, we were ready.

I remember this well! However, we didn't have a shelter the the basement of our school. I can still remeber the confusion as teachers put us thru these drills. We would scurry under our desks as if they were impenetrable.

My father was one of those "if it happens it happens" type and didn't think there was really much we could do living 3 miles from the oil refinery (nuke target) he worked at. It was so long ago that I can't really remember if I was scared or not. Somehow I don't think it was a big trauma because my parents didn't show us any fearful attitudes.

I also have no issues with Tom building a shelter. If that what he wants and he has the means who am I to question it? If I were filthy rich I'm not so sure I wouldn't do the same.

I wonder if they saved room for the Beckam's?

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 08:02 PM
link   
I figure he can believe in whatever he wants to.
If people an run around saying run,duck and cover from global warming,why cant he fear aliens?
A little strange,true,but then again,theres always something wierder around the corner.

posted on Oct, 2 2007 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by tom goose

They've brought a lot of publicity to Scientology. To my mind, none of it good. Mr. Cruise is nearly certifiable, and Mr. Travolta, from what little I've seen, ain't all that far behind.

Man's never ending quest for enlightenment lead down some strange paths, IMHO. Some, in the case of scientology, a bit more so than others.

posted on Oct, 3 2007 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I hope he didn't forget the tin foil hats. A bunker's no good if the aliens have mind control.

posted on Oct, 13 2007 @ 04:57 PM
link   
hes just trying to cover up his gayness!!! XD

posted on Jan, 31 2008 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I wonder if other top-name Scientologists like John Travolta, Kirstey Alley, Lisa Marie Presley, etc. have their bunkers built, too. Admittedly, under the Constitution they have the right to believe in whatever they want to believe in. It still seems a bit extravegant that these Stars have their own places to escape to while the average joe in this country would wind up suffering under an attack, whether from Aliens, a forein group or country, or even from our own government.

posted on Mar, 9 2008 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It could seriously happen, because for a start this threat could be a cover for an Angelic invasion which people think are about Aliens. Something super natural will occur and maybe these groups know something as maybe some are actually these beings, Angels in disguise. As the Bible states, don't forget to entertain strangers as you could be entertaining Angels. Some things might not be too far fetched as it seems, the higher you go up in the society the more weired it becomes. But I don't think bunkers will help if they come from another dimention.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 02:00 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 12:21 AM
link   
Scientology shouldn't even be considered a religion. It's a total mockery of our government legislation.

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
The idea of having a safe place for your family is not that outrageous and might make sense if you have the money.

The idea that Tom Cruise has the inside track on an alien invasion - not so much

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Sorry
double post

I can add though that Tom might be paranoid about little green men because he is scared of things that are taller than him.

[edit on 17-12-2008 by badgerprints]

posted on Dec, 17 2008 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Poor 'Tommy Boy'! If it is any consolation to the doom-gloomers like him, some 'aliens' are not at all scary. He should not fear the unknown. And yes, it is quite entertaining to see these feeble-minded fools crap in their pants and all for nothing. Quite funny indeed! Peace.

[edit on 2008-12-17 by pikypiky]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join