It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baha'i' Persecution in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Baha'i' Persecution in Iran

question.bahai.org

Background: Recent Attacks against Baha’is in Iran
June 2007

Reports and documents filtering out of Iran over the last six months indicate a widespread and calculated effort by the government to maintain and gradually intensify the persecution of Iranian Baha'is.

The evidence tells of continued efforts by the government to monitor and identify Baha'is; further incidents of abuse and discrimination directed at Baha'i students at all levels; stepped-up efforts to deprive Baha'is of their livelihood; and ongoing attacks on the Baha'i Faith in the official news media.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bahai.org
news.bahai.org
ttp:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I have been wanting to post a thread on this subject for sometime but after Ahmadinejad spoke at Columbia and was confronted by the President of the school on this subject, I knew it was time.

There are those on here who would think from some of my posts that I am a friend of Iran. Let me clarify I am a friend of all people, but not necessarily of their governments.

What I am opposed to is ignorance in this country leading to another needless war and so speak out against what I see as knee jerk jingoism.

Still... The Iranian government has for the past 163 years systematically persecuted the Iranian Baha'i' community. In the 1800's over 25,000 were tortured and killed in massive public pogroms and it has continued to this day.

Baha'i' holy places have been destroyed.
Baha'i' cemeteries have been dug up and the remains destroyed.
Baha'i' schools and Universities; some of the best in the country, have been shut down.
Jobs have been taken away or denied.
Education has been denied.
Savings have been confiscated.
Good people whose only crime is to belong to a new religion that stresses unity and world peace are being imprisoned, tortured and killed.

The list goes on.

The UN has repeatedly condemned these practices.
The U.S. Congress has repeatedly condemned these practices.
The president of Columbia University condemned these practices to Ahmadinejad's face Sunday...

...And still they happen.

question.bahai.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 26-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:39 PM
link   
There has been a lot of ranting and raving about Iran's potential nuclear capacities and dreams... Something the IAEA has stated is a bare minimum of 5 years away but its all talk.

This persecution is going on now, and has been getting progressively worse.

join