It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phonetic guide for Bush's U.N. speech posted online: Update: White House Denies Cover-Up of Flub

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Then we most wonder at how he became president,
yes . . . I remember now, the elections were given to him . . . the perfect tool of the NWO.

apc

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Now that's funny!

But it doesn't mean he's "ignorant" or has neurological problems. He's from Texas people! We're lucky we can understand a word he says!

In all reality he most likely has taken speech classes to help break through his native country drawl, but it still shows every now and then. Big deal.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover
A while back there was a thread on the subject of bush minor's linguistic problems, and I said it then and I will say it now... something neurological has happened to the man.

I've had the same idea for some time.

Honestly, I think it's pain killers. This is only speculation and the reason I draw this conclusion is from past experience. When I was prescribed pain killers, my thinking became a bit (not much - but noticablly) slow and I would mangle word together and minorly slur other parts of words. This is due in part to reaction time of the words passing through the brain and being processed at the same time as prior words being spoken. For example: rather than saying "Spoken Word" I would start to say "Woken Word", but would usually catch myself and correct it before I could get it entirely out.

The same thing happened to Rush Limbaugh.

Like I said, it's only speculation due to prior experience. There's no evidence that supports the president taking prescription drugs or any sort.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:27 PM
link   
An interesting discussion, however, could it possibly be that he simply is NOT a good speaker?

His father was an average public speaker and its pretty clear he skated his way through his university days etc. It just may not be his thing.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:36 PM
link   
In the deepest darkest parts of Human Nature resides the part of us that makes fun of another person for a disability. The place where Bigotry resides as it is the same thing.

I wonder how many of you noticed the article also mention this is used for broadcasters. Your favorite news personality uses this tool also.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Well thanks Blaine for tell me that I most be a bigot.
actuallyanybody can take them just to get rid of anything in their speech that bothers them.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by apc

But it doesn't mean he's "ignorant" or has neurological problems. He's from Texas people! We're lucky we can understand a word he says!

In all reality he most likely has taken speech classes to help break through his native country drawl, but it still shows every now and then. Big deal.

Actually the President is from the east coast and just lived in Texas where he was an unsuccessful businessman.

His Texas accent is an affectation to make him sound like he one of the people. And it works extremely well.

I'm from Texas and can spot a phony Texas accent from here to Lubbock.

"Y'all" does not a Texan make. Bush is just like McCain said: "All hat, no cattle."

[edit on 26-9-2007 by whaaa]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by marg6043

You are welcome Marge

Just trying to get people to see that you can disagree with someones politics without going to the depths of making fun of their disabilities.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Who are people going to pick on after December 2008? There will be a
lot of folks in this country going through "Anti-Bush Withrdrawal" syndrome
I bet! Regardless of his human faults (we all have faults BTW..duh), Prez
Bush has accomplished more and loftier personal goals than most of us
ever will. Whenever I read forums or articles where members attack
Bush, Gates, or anyone else who has achieved much in life, I just rack
it up as jealousy and a way for them to soothe their own egos. So sad...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Who are people going to pick on after December 2008? ...

The criticism of Predident Bush will carry on much longer after 2008, just like it did with Clinton after he was out of office. Have you forgotten?

I still hear lots of derogatory comments about Clinton and it's been 8 yrs and all he did wrong was get a BJ and lie about it.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by whaaa]

apc

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Uhh Bubba did a tad bit more than that...

You're right carewemust. He'll be gone so everyone with a boner for Al Gore won't have anything left to whine about. I fully expect people to suddenly collapse in spasms while walking down the street. Just whisper, "Bush stole the election," in their ear and they'll come out of it.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:12 PM
link   
And you also should know about the "boners" apc.

Here's something for ya........

downwithtyranny.blogspot.com...

This should get you aroused........

apc

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Is that supposed to offend me?

You seem to have assumed I am a Republican.

I'm not. I just don't like asininity. Thanks for demonstrating it for the audience.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Grailkeeper

my uncle had a stroke about a month ago....and he's already out and driving around....they say he's pretty healthy....

i have a problem speaking and i'd prolly need a teleprompter with phonetics for some of those countries names....

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by carewemust
Who are people going to pick on after December 2008? There will be a
lot of folks in this country going through "Anti-Bush Withrdrawal" syndrome
I bet! Regardless of his human faults (we all have faults BTW..duh), Prez
Bush has accomplished more and loftier personal goals than most of us
ever will. Whenever I read forums or articles where members attack
Bush, Gates, or anyone else who has achieved much in life, I just rack
it up as jealousy and a way for them to soothe their own egos. So sad...

I had no idea that this board would include so many aspiring comedians!
What luck! as I thought it was going to be about the search for truth, how boring.

Read "Bushwacked" as it is a very revealing yet small book.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT
An interesting discussion, however, could it possibly be that he simply is NOT a good speaker?

While that is certainly a possible expnanatin, that doesn't explain how it seems he used to be a much better speaker than he is now.

There does seem to be some deterioration.
I don't remember that it was always so painful to listen to his speeches. And, I don't remember hearing that his speeches were that bad when he was governor.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Well a psychological or Neurogical Pathology, disorder or disease?

Some say No he’s just the same as the news reporters, he’s stressed, we all make mistakes! Well that just shows the influence of mainstream sheeple media on your way of thinking.
He is the most powerful Man in the world hell bent on fighting the Last Battle (in his view anyhow) of the book of revelations, due to his auditory hallucinations of conversations with God himself (AKA the reasons given by most of the Mass murderers in history for their actions!....)

However there is a difference between Psychopaths (Mansen etc) and Sociopaths (Bush Hitler etc).... Look at the links below on these disorders, how many of the traits does bush have, all if you ask me enough to categorise him into those disorders, anyone agree? in fact it would be interesting if people want to reply here with which ones you have observed and some sources. Does he have 6 attributes 8? all ten? List them with sources of the incident trust me they are very very easy to see and find

I know which ive seen (I have two degrees my first was in Mental Health Nursing in my early twenties B.Sc (Hons) So I do as in Global Warming Etc (Mauddib lol ;-) -later degree change of career-
Know what I am talking about here. I have worked in lock down institutions and the community with both types of clients!
He also displays some though not all of the signs for Narcissistic Personality Disorder.

We must remember, be aware though that often in such cases a Dual or triple diagnosis is made. There is a blurring of the lines, names of disorders and cognitive and behavioural events usually straddle two or more of these illnesses/disorders. They are so interrelated chemically, pathologically and environmentally (esp. Nurture) in their root causes, that the causal effect is presented and displayed in similar or identical ways.
If you want to hurt someone because God told you to do it, or because you have no ability to feel empathy for others, or because you are trying to gain power over things to make up for a deep self loathing matters not at the end of the day. Someone still gets hurt!

Just one reliable short snippet to back up what ive said above before I move on:

As the alcoholic George Bush approached his 40th birthday in 1986, he had achieved nothing he could call his own. He was all too aware that none of his educational and professional accomplishments would have occurred without his father. He felt so low that he did not care if he lived or died. Taking a friend out for a flight in a Cessna aeroplane, it only became apparent he had not flown one before when they nearly crashed on take-off. Narrowly avoiding stalling a few times, they crash-landed and the friend breathed a sigh of relief - only for Bush to rev up the engine and take off again.

The Guardian Newspaper

So if he risks his own life soo easily and his FRIENDS what do you think he thinks about other peoples lives? especially "Them" (AKA Terrorists, Muslims, Environmentalists, The Middle East, Non Fundamentalists etc etc basically anyone who is not of benefit to him NOW, everyone except the Neo Cons!)

One important word came up in the previous article and I am very surprised that no one else has mentioned it yet as the reason behind his diminishing (which is really frightening as he didn’t have much to start with) cognitive functioning:
ALCOHOLISM
and also lets look at another one of his favourite things in life... well besides invading countries and masturbating to Ancient Gods in a coffin in front of other men!! Namely
COCAINE.

So why the debate? As anyone who has ever lived with or worked with people with addictions especially these two (probably the two worst there is in regards to self and external destruction) it is normal for there to have been much damage done do his brain and body and off topic soul, by his age. This is the time of life most people who had LONG TERM ALCOHOL AND COCAINE ADDICTIONS like GWB display signs and symptoms as he is of brain/personality damage.

However as well as the addictions which in themselves cause these problems, he seems to have as stated at the top of this post other psychological, behavioural and pathological problems before he did these things. Its like putting petrol on an already burning fire.

I was a Psychiatric Nurse however you may not believe me, and my role did not include diagnosis on my own. Therefore lets look at some people who agree with me broadly, and who have a current working knowledge in this area. Due to their higher qualifications maybe you will take note (remember these people can decide to remove you from society until they deem fit, force medication and mechanical/surgical intervention on you, against your will, all based on their judgement)
I don’t agree with all this, and they fall short of actually stating Psychopathic and Sociopath as Personality Disorders do not mean the person needs constant monitoring whereas the above would in a clinical setting mean enforced control of the client if deemed dangerous enough to himself or others. Not something that could be put "out" there in this way... anyhow:

Bush's irrational consideration of a "surge" in the wake of the ISG report--which apparently defies all credible counsel--has begun to generate speculation regarding his sanity. References to Bush's "delusions" have appeared in the MSM (notable on "Scarborough Country") and throughout the blogosphere. As a psychiatrist, I understandably get concerned when I see clinical terminology bandied about in political discourse, and thought it might be of interest to share my own perspective on this question.

First of all, let me state up front that I probably hate Bush as much (or nearly so) as anybody here. I think he has done more damage to our country (Etc..Etc put here for honesty Elf-Contd) I think the guy is both stupid and evil, and I have no intention of cutting him any slack here. But in the political/clinical tradition of Dr. Bill Frist's school of diagnostics, I have a distinct clinical impression that I think explains most of his visible pathology.

First and foremost, George W. Bush has a Narcissistic Personality Disorder. What this means, mostly, is that he has rather desperate insecurities about himself, and compensates by constructing a grandiose self-image. Most of his relationships are either mirroring relationships--people who flatter him and reinforce his grandiosity -or idealized self-objects--people that he himself thinks a lot of, and hence feels flattered by his association. Some likely perform both functions. Hence his weakness for sycophants like Harriet Miers, and powerful personalities like Dick Cheney.

Paul L. Minot, MD Inpatient and outpatient general and adolescent psychiatry. Maine General Medical Center , Seton Campus
DLM Web News

And further:

Below is a brief psychiatric analysis of the President as provided by Dr. Justin A. Frank, Professor of Psychiatry at George Washington University in Washington, D.C . The interview was conducted by Geoffrey Steinberg of Executive Intelligence Review and published on April 7, 2006.
A psychiatric analysis of President Bush is not pleasant, amusing, or entertaining to read. Instead, it is a portrait of a very limited man who is beset by anxiety, and is unable to take in any part of reality which is anxiety provoking or unpleasant. He is a man with learning disabilities making it difficult for him to read and who is further intellectually hamstrung by the black and white thinking typical of a dry drunk. According to Dr. Frank, Bush is a compulsive liar who absolutely believes in the truth of his lies.

Gather.Com

Some other insights to this sick mans behaviour:
Continued Next Post

[edit on 26-9-2007 by MischeviousElf]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Continued

Contemporaries at Yale say he was like the John Belushi character in the film Animal House, a drink-fuelled funseeker.

His mother had drilled it into him that it was wrong when writing to repeat words already used. Having employed "tears" once in the essay, he sought a substitute from a thesaurus she had given him and wrote "the lacerates ran down my cheeks". The essay received a fail grade, accompanied by derogatory comments such as "disgraceful".

The Guardian Newspaper

Perhaps the oddest revelation is an episode from 1992, when his father was president. The younger Mr. Bush found the White House a "creepy place," Mr. Draper writes.
After exercising in a White House gym one evening, he told a friend he froze in his steps while approaching the Lincoln Bedroom. Mr. Bush insists
"he saw ghosts - coming out of the wall," according to the friend.

National Post Canada

and even more worryingly as shown in the new book released at the beginning of this month "Dead Certain" by Robert Draper:

Once his mind is made up, there is no room for manoeuvre. And once Bush has made his big decisions, he shows a peculiar lack of interest in following them through. That's the small stuff that can be left to officials. The Draper anecdote that has caused most astonishment among the political commentariat was Bush's reply when asked how he reacted when he learned that the first post-invasion presidential envoy in Iraq, Paul Bremer, had unilaterally reversed policy and dissolved the Iraqi army - with disastrous consequences. "Yeah, I can't remember," was Bush's reply. After that Draper stopped asking him about specific events or meetings: "I learned early on there that was little point; he has a very poor memory."

In Addition From this book some very startling and indeed worrying signs of his Pathological Lying and fantasy world of "Now" to avoid stress and the truth:

Early in his book Dead Certain, he tells the story of Bush's failed bid for Congress in 1978. Against all the best advice, Bush decided to run against a conservative West Texas Democrat, Kent Hance. He lost badly, but not embarrassingly. Explaining his decision to Draper, he said, "You can't learn lessons by reading. Or at least I couldn't. I learned by doing. I knew it was an uphill struggle. But see, I've never had a fear of losing. I didn't like to lose. But having parents who give you unconditional love, I think it means I had the peace of mind to know that even with failure, there was love."

Well as his mother and Father were on the Golf course the day after burying
their 7 year old daughter and Bush’s Child Sister when he was a teen (leaving bush with staff!) WE know that the last sentence is a Lie..... but wait all of it is as usual with Pathological Liars as he is:

Let 1,000 PhDs bloom. Here is a president who boasts of reading around 100 books a year, promotes reading standards and No Child Left Behind, graduated from Yale and Harvard, and is married to a librarian. Yet he thinks he can't learn lessons by reading. You can almost hear the critics scoff. Given his current situation, if the president had spent more time studying Iraq and less time doing Iraq, he might have emerged with a different conclusion about military action.

Washington Post

Case Closed Diagnosis made IMHO and it scares the sh** out of me being right, Unlike bush I would love to accept the facts if they weren’t this bloody scary.

Oh lets not forget his drink driving and that his wife killed by ahem mmm Accident her previous boyfriend. And the cycles continue I just hope GW's kids have no plans on Politics.... That is if their Sociopath and Narcissistic father doesn’t kill us all first like he has tried to do himself and others so many times before.... and is now doing in Iraq.

Oh nearly forgot the Definitions of Psychopaths and Sociopaths. They are currently under review and often interchangeable, an example of the common mans understanding of this area is that in the UK Psychopath is only used in a legal definition not medically. You are diagnosed with a Personality Disorder or being a Sociopath. This change of terminology and blanketing of disorders is currently under review world wide due to the similarities of the conditions, and also the public wide confusion between Psychosis and Psychopath. Lets get one thing straight Socio or Psychopaths do not suffer from an organic mental health illness like Schizophrenia, It is their personalities and them... often and especially recently due to these reclassifications the question is being asked now :

MAD or just plain BAD? in relation to these two descriptions.

This then in this context leads to the question on GW

Mad or just plain Bad OR BOTH?

anyhow:
List of Common Psychopathic Traits
Glib and superficial charm; Grandiose sense of self-worth; Need for stimulation; Pathological lying; Conning and manipulativeness; Lack of remorse or guilt; Shallow affect; Callousness and lack of empathy; Parasitic lifestyle; Poor behavioural controls; Promiscuous sexual behaviour; Early behaviour problems; Lack of realistic, long-term goals; Impulsivity; Irresponsibility; Failure to accept responsibility for own actions; Many short-term marital relationships; Juvenile delinquency; Revocation of conditional release; Criminal versatility

Well he Certainly has most of those?

List of Common Sociopath Traits
Egocentricity; Callousness; Impulsivity; Conscience defect; Exaggerated sexuality; Excessive boasting; Risk taking; Inability to resist temptation; Antagonistic, deprecating attitude toward the opposite sex; Lack of interest in bonding with a mate.

He has many of those however a more in depth description is better too:

Sociopathy is chiefly characterized by something wrong with the person's conscience. They either don't have one, it's full of holes like Swiss cheese, or they are somehow able to completely neutralize or negate any sense of conscience or future time perspective. Sociopaths only care about fulfilling their own needs and desires - selfishness and egocentricity to the extreme. Everything and everybody else is mentally twisted around in their minds as objects to be used in fulfilling their own needs and desires. They often believe they are doing something good for society, or at least nothing that bad. The term "sociopath" is frequently used by psychologists and sociologists alike in referring to persons whose unsocialized character is due primarily to parental failures (usually fatherlessness) rather than an inherent feature of temperament. Lykken (1995), for example, clearly distinguishes between the sociopath (who is socialized into becoming a psychopath) and a "true" psychopath (who is born that way). However, this may only describe the "common sociopath", as there are at least four (4) different subtypes -- common, alienated, aggressive, and dyssocial. Commons are characterized mostly by their lack of conscience; the alienated by their inability to love or be loved; aggressives by a consistent sadistic streak; and dyssocials by an ability to abide by gang rules, as long as those rules are the wrong rules. As Stout (2005) indicates, it only takes three of the List of Common Sociopath Traits to be defined as a sociopath.

Well diagnosed already as having Narcissistic Personality Disorder, and I feel pretty comfortable labelling GW a Sociopath/Psychopath too well at least very strong tendencies in this area.

Kind Regards

Keep Sane the rulers are mad as hatters!

Elf

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:23 PM
link   
Why is there a man that can't pronounce the countries or cities he's talking about, as the US President? He obviously has no background in what he's talking about, despite these issues pertaining directly to his job, which is supposed to be a very prestigious one. And his administration is looking for nuclear war with Iran. I don't think he understands the seriousness of what he does, how many people he affects with his horrible ignorance and apathy towards others.

I wish we had true freedom of speech in this country. Then I would tell you what I really think of Mr. Bush and not just a mild rendering of it. He's trash dressed up in a suit. His whole family, is trash dressed up in suits. He deserves something but it's not the Oval Office. I don't care how he got there, I'll forgive all the American people, but people like Bush need to go out with the rest of the trash that's infiltrated our society and commandeered it. I don't know if it'll ever happen without America being destroyed in the process (we have to be coherent and strong as a nation without our Congressmen and media and etc., can we do that?), but that's what needs to happen.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by bsbray11]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:35 PM
link   
So he is still learning his phonetics.. I have been wondering for years why bush speaks to us like we are 5th graders.. makes sense now. mentally he is still in 5th grade!! i mean "being President is hard,..really hard." especially if he cant read the big words on the pre Iraq war Intel reports. to many words with more than 5 letters... the pentagon probably had to explain everything with finger puppets..

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join