It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phonetic guide for Bush's U.N. speech posted online: Update: White House Denies Cover-Up of Flub

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   

Phonetic guide for Bush's U.N. speech accidentally posted online

news.yahoo.com

NEW YORK (Reuters) - How do you keep a leader as verbally gaffe-prone as U.S. President George W. Bush from making even more slips of the tongue?

When Bush addressed the U.N. General Assembly on Tuesday, the White House inadvertently showed exactly how -- with a phonetic pronunciation guide on the teleprompter to get him past troublesome names of countries and world leaders.
(visit the link for the full news article)

White House: No Cover-Up of Bush's Flub

The White House has been setting the record a little too straight.

Anyone reading the official transcript of Bush's statement on education Wednesday would see that he said "children do learn."

Except that's not what he said.
sfgate.com.../n/a/2007/09/27/national/w142037D98.DTL&tsp=1

[edit on 9/27/07 by FredT]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:29 AM
link   
you can only just chuckle and move on. It also puts into perspective the performance of the Iranian President ealrier in the week eh? You have to wonder how he would fare in fron of a hostile crowd with little phonetic prep

news.yahoo.com

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

you can only just chuckle and move on. It also puts into perspective the performance of the Iranian President ealrier in the week eh? You have to wonder how he would fare in fron of a hostile crowd with little phonetic prep

news.yahoo.com

Seems he did just fine ( not bush the iran guy amandjad. i bucthered his name ) ...yea so bush is ignorant

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Like him or not, the little Iranian man can speak. I dont understand him, but you can tell he doesnt stumble and his words flow.

Now Bush on the other hand...

What a shame that a president needs prompts to pronounce EEran (Iran).

Its really pathetic and sad at the same time.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Well this is a college educated, ex-business executive whose father used to be president. You can imagine that he had a load of experience addressing staff, shareholders etc, presenting to clients the whole gamut.

Its not that George W is stupid, its just that there are so many hard words in the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:58 AM
link   
It's kind of funny but kind of sad at the same time.

You would think after seven years he would have had some private lessons or something by now to learn to pronounce the names and places he would be discussing during major speeches. I guess the leaders just keep changing to quick for him to catch up.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
It's kind of funny but kind of sad at the same time.

This is true.

A while back there was a thread on the subject of bush minor's linguistic problems, and I said it then and I will say it now... something neurological has happened to the man.

I am not saying that to bash him (for once) rather I am saying that as an observation about a fellow human being.

Go watch his debates with Ann Richardson then watch some of his worst mangled language moments since, or even just his most recent press conference.

The difference is stark and striking and ultimately given his position, very disturbing.

The man is obviously having problems and it shows on his face sometimes like during his last address... he had a deer caught in the headlights look to him. he is having problems not just speaking but following his own train of thoughts.

It is one thing to get tongue tied now and then, but this is far, far more. Stroke... possibly... wet brain... equally possible, but something bad has happened to him that manifests itself in his speech.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:22 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

You've got a point. He seems more disconnected now than he was when he first took office. It's like something really big is bothering him, making him unable to focus.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I just don't think its something external like Iraq... he's not introspective enough. Its inside of him like early onset Alzheimer's or something like that.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by grover

Well, only his shrink will know that for sure. As much as I'm not a fan of him, I won't demonize him. That would make me no different than those who demonize his opponents.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Maybe the real Bush has been taken by an alien race and replaced him with a shapeshifting alien??

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Leo1977

I think I like this theory better:

Is our president a Manchurian Candidate?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

Yes, definitly, wasn't being too serious with my post, I think it is obvious that he is being controlled by the elite, for what agenda is still up for speculation though!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I'm sure many pols used this 'help' before. I have worked in television news and it is common practice. Of course local anchor people are not presidents of USA either.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:31 AM
link   
i was also going to mention this is common practice.. but used more for a guide than anything else..

i cant help but to think Bush just needs everything written out like this for him, unlike the intended use

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Come on now people of this world, be fair, he gets confused okay, but you would too if you had God talking to you in one part of your head and trying to read a pre-wrote script in another!

The man is not funny, he makes jokes out of the fact he is stupid with words, this would be funny, if not for the fact he makes jokes out of the fact he found no WMD’s in Iraq, while the troops he sent in, are being shipped home in bags. “They got to be here somewhere, Nope, not over here”

It’s a very real world, yet pathetic representation of the United States.

And guess who the jokes on

EDIT* as god was talking in my ear.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by InterWeb]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:45 AM
link   
IMO, he's just not smart. Well educated, but not smart.

People may say he's a graduate from the finest of colleges, but that still doesn't make him smart.

As far as a 'health issue ' like stroke or the likes, it doesn't seem very probable due to minimal amount of time he has been out of the public eye.

A stroke for example, even a mild one, can take years of rehabilitation and always includes tell-tale signs.

I think it was the 60 minutes interview with Greenspan, where he stopped short of calling some of the Presidents he worked under, complete morons.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:22 AM
link   
You have a point but many diseases like that come on gradually. The fact remains the man's language skills are deterioriating.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:05 PM
link   

It included phonetic spellings for French President Nicolas Sarkozy (sar-KO-zee), a friend, and Zimbabwe leader Robert Mugabe (moo-GAH-bee), a target of U.S. human rights criticism.

Pronunciations were also provided for Kyrgyzstan (KEYR-geez-stan), Mauritania (moor-EH-tain-ee-a) and the Zimbabwe capital Harare (hah-RAR-ray).

are you kidding me! as funny as i want it too be... i cany laugh,it's too sad to laugh at. this is serious when a leader of the free world is needing help with his reading... just sad.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Hmmmmm............... maybe whoever is the individual in charge of phoenetically breaking down the words for him should try this:

Nook-lee-ar

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join