It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Open invitation for citizens of Iran to speak out against their leader

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:28 PM
link   
This is an open invitation for the citizens of Iran to speak out about their country. Whether it be good or bad. Please leave me a comprehensive message about every day life in your country. I am not asking for outsiders opinions, as I can link wikipedia articles or dig for pictures. I am asking a true resident of the country of Iran to speak up or speak out. Please enlighten us on how you live, what you do for fun, what your dreams are.

Please enlighten us........ We truly need to understand the plight of every day Iranians.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Hmmm.... I wonder how many people will or can actually respond. Do you think the people of Iran can access this website? I wonder why that is??????????

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I must say. The lack of entries here proves my point!!!!!!!!!!

THERE ARE ABSOLUTELY NO FREEDOMS IN IRAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
OK, now that I have proven a point, I would like to accept comments from the ATS gallery.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by traderonwallst
OK, now that I have proven a point, I would like to accept comments from the ATS gallery.

What exactly did you prove? That Iran does not have freedoms?

How exactly did you do that? What if there are no Iranians here?

Could it be language is a barrier?

Its certainly not censorship because Iran does not have a national firewall like China. Iranians in Iran and in most other places in the world can use the internet and could have replied to your thread.

But no one did. Maybe its the offensive title and your attitude....

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Wow you posted a request and 9hrs later, when you had no response, you deduced that Iran has no freedoms?

Well my friend your experiment is flawed. Iranians, as has been noted, have just as much access to the Internet as most other countries. You asked a question on a niche board where the vast majority of users are English speakers and American.

Not only would it be highly unlikely that an Iranian citizen would pass upon this thread in an obscure sub-forum, but I would be very surprised if they would bother to engage in such a loaded question. Your title belays your real intention which is to discredit President Ahmadinejad. Asking them to "speak out against their leader" is not a neutral question that is asking for all their opinions, as your opening post would have the reader believe.

If you have something to say, say it. Please don't masquerade your opinions in anything other than statements.

[edit on 30/9/07 by subz]

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 11:39 AM
link   
These are the country of origin stats for the boards.

United States 74.34%
United Kingdom 9.71%
Canada 5.67%
Australia 2.81%
Denmark 1.02%

Every other country is less than 1%.

Source

You're targeting the wrong crowd. It's like asking citizens of Malaysia to speak out against Badawi on here at PTS, and of all sub-forums, Other Global Politics where only 0.2% of the content can be found*. You'll probably only get one person replying -- me.

*Source

You have a lot to learn about media.

new topics

top topics

join