It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UNM violated law flying Mexican flag on its own

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by prona

Sure our country was founded by immigrants, but not immigrants from South America, Asia, or Africa. These people have never done anything for our country except leech our resources and steal our jobs. Now, I'm probably starting to sound a bit racist, but perhaps we need to be a little racist in order to assure that our country is not destroyed from within.

Uhhhhh, look, I am all for securing our borders and deporting illegals, BUT, I'm not going to say that they haven't done anything for this country. That wouldn't be honest.

I think that if you really believe what you are saying, then you need to go a little more in-depth...

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeakerofTruth
Mirthful, unfortunately, our role as "the melting pot of the world" is starting to cause us a lot of trouble. Diversity is fine, but when it starts to intrude on our definition of what and who we are, there is a problem.

The 'melting pot' is not the problem. The problem is the immigration policy and border control.

In the past, when people wanted to come to America, they actually wanted to assimilate into our culture and become Americans. Today unfortunately, too many people don't want to assimilate. They want to have their own little area of the U.S. to become just like their homeland from which they left.

If they don't want to assimilate and become Americans they need to stay where they came from.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by prona

Easy there... I think America needs legal immigration from all countries; what we don't need is overwhelming illegal immigration from any country. I don't think it's a difficult concept, but it seems to have eluded the 535 members of Congress, our President, and the entirety of our judicial branch.

Yup... We're screwed.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

um arent we supposed to be a land of freedom which means your free to celebrate your ethnicity and culture? imean im not anything special im irish so i just got wasted on st pattys day but i grew up in new mexico and i really enjoy there culture too....like getting wasted on cinco de mayo and getting wasted at a qesinieras....and alot of african american culture like getting wasted on juneteenth.....maybe were not so different after all anyways what i think it boils down to is that americas so great because you can come here and not be persecuted for not being a carbon copy of everyone elseand i dont mind seeing a mexican flag at least it doesnt have the same implications as a noose or a nazi flag i say as long as there not hurting anyone else it should be fine and as far as desecrating our flag goes half of the country doesnt know that leaving the flag out in a rainstorm on the fourth of july is a felony or that the state flag is supposed to fly lower than the american flag so idonno imean its not like the burned a american flag and whos to say they just didnt forget to take it down imean its school and i know when my schools over im outty deuces see yall tommorow if i feel like it so it wouldnt be completely beyond them to forget

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I completely agree. They should assimilate to our way of life, not vice versa. However, why don't you see that allowing all of these different cultures into our country is a problem? You say that being a "melting pot" is not the problem, but then you contradict yourself by saying that they should assimilate. I don't understand.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:38 PM
link   

However, why don't you see that allowing all of these different cultures into our country is a problem? You say that being a "melting pot" is not the problem, but then you contradict yourself by saying that they should assimilate. I don't understand.

Its not a contradiction. This is how America became America. Thats why we have so many different peoples making up our country. Before this problem, America was still made up of different people from Germans, Irishmen, Asians, Italians, etc......
The problem currently is that a lot of the people they are allowing in either through legal means or illegally don't want to assimilate. We must find a way to screen out these undesirables.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:41 PM
link   

if we were to set a precedent for undesirables to be screened out then they could take that a step further and say that people who disagree with the government are undesireables and how is that fair "you cant come in because you celebrate your heritage.....we dont do that here"

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by justanothergangster
if we were to set a precedent for undesirables to be screened out then they could take that a step further and say that people who disagree with the government are undesireables and how is that fair "you cant come in because you celebrate your heritage.....we dont do that here"

It has nothing to do with celebrating your heritage.
Past immigrants who came to this country legally wanted to assimilate and become Americans. However, they did not forget their heritage. They still celebrate it. To want to become an American and assimilate into our culture does not mean you don't celebrate your heritage. Assimilation and wanting to become an American is a seperate issue from celebrating your heritage.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

i kinda get what your saying and imean i live around these people illegals and alot of them are just unfortunately represented by a few of them i was talking to someone the other day who isnt a legal american citizen and i asked him if mexico invaded what would he do and he said fight mexico alot of them even though they have mexican flags on there clothes and what not are die hard patriiots ill admit myself it makes me sick to hear some of them talk about how great mexico is compared to here but most of the tie its just them popping off they know they wouldnt want to go back after being here for any amount of time and im all for securing our borders because i find it unfair that people who waited and paid there dues and went through whatever they had to go through got here but at the same time its sad when someone has to go back because some of them just cant get the funds in mesico to make it here now of course you do have the bad ones the drug smugglers and what have you there the reason that we need to secure the border....plus the stuff there bringing over isnt as good as american stuff anyway which isnt surprising

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:18 AM
link   
Honestly, we really screwed up by letting all these people in, particularly the Chinese. When we finally go to war with China, what are the 3.3+ million of them living in the US going to do? When they see their relatives and families getting blown away by our B-2's, if they really had true pride in their heritage, they would attempt to seek revenge and organize strikes against the US on its own homeland. In fact, they are already waging battle against our country and twisting it according to their Communist plans. Our immigration system is so lenient that it only takes roughly 5-10 years for them to become naturalized citizens. When that happens, they twist our government into electing someone favorable in the eyes of Communist China through their millions of votes. So in all honesty, they might as well have already invaded us with an occupational force of 3.3 million.

To prevent further damage, we need to :

1. Close our doors to these foreign invaders.
2. Purge ourselves of the invaders. Deport anyone with a Chinese background currently in the US or relocate them to permanent detention camps outside of the US (might as well put them to work to make some shoes for us in the meantime --- then again I wouldn't trust them making anything).
3. Launch a limited nuclear strike on its population centers and bring it to its knees. Since they most likely won't surrender as easily as the Japs, a second larger nuclear strike will be necessary in order to annihilate the rest of them.

Results:

1. Our planet will be rid of 1.4 billion worthless individuals leeching OUR resources and destroying our planet.
2. We as Americans can finally gain some true sense of security (al Qaeda is a JOKE compared to the Chinese).
3. Once the radiation clears, we can recolonize and expand our influences.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 02:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Its not a contradiction. This is how America became America. Thats why we have so many different peoples making up our country. Before this problem, America was still made up of different people from Germans, Irishmen, Asians, Italians, etc......
The problem currently is that a lot of the people they are allowing in either through legal means or illegally don't want to assimilate. We must find a way to screen out these undesirables.

Maybe... BUT, if we never played the part as the "melting pot of the world," the problem you are talking about really wouldn't exist at all.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Maybe... BUT, if we never played the part as the "melting pot of the world," the problem you are talking about really wouldn't exist at all.

Thats true because there would be no America in its current form as a superpower.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Thats true because there would be no America in its current form as a superpower.

Really?
I'm not sure I agree with that analysis, but, okay.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 12:31 PM
link   
By the way, don't throw the whole,"Well, if it weren't for immigrants, America wouldn't have formed," fallacy in there. America didn't become the "melting pot of the world" until well after its formation, so the argument really has no foundation in this case.

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 03:43 PM
link   

By the way, don't throw the whole,"Well, if it weren't for immigrants, America wouldn't have formed," fallacy in there. America didn't become the "melting pot of the world" until well after its formation

Exactly!!
You just proved my point!
America was not a superpower in the beginning. America did not become the powerhouse it is today until after it became the "melting pot". A lot of our inventions and technology came from immigrants from Germany, Italy etc......A lot of our top scientists early on came from WWI and WWII.

Don't get me wrong. I am totally against illegal immigration and some aspects of the current legal immigration system. We should seal the borders immediately. I also give lots of credit to our early pioneers who founded and gave our country the chance to become the superpower it is today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join