It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secure Flight Plan starts Feb. '08... Get permission from Big Brother to travel.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I was just alerted by a friend of the proposed TSA plan to require all of us to have Government Permission to fly starting Feb. 2008. It never specifies what "permission" entails...Here is the link of the proposed action plan:

dmses.dot.gov...

And the condensed article on the above link:

www.dailykos.com...

Just thought y'all might like to know what the proposed next domino to fall is.
Does anyone else find it a coincidence that the RealID is slated to go national in May of next year as well? THERE ARE NO COINCIDENCES!
My state (PA) is actively fighting legislation for the RealID, and I would hope this little TSA bit of sneakiness too.

Just wanted some opinions other than my own.

edit: spelling/grammar
edit: additional link

[edit on 25/9/07 by cbianchi513]

[edit on 25/9/07 by cbianchi513]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Just a quick scan of the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking: Homeland Security wants the airlines to submit, 72 hours prior to departure, the following information on every passenger they propose to carry.

These procedures are required to reduce the threat of terrorism.

Homeland Security estimates a cost for the first year of $123 billion but I think they misplaced a decimal point. I think they mean $123 million.

I don’t know that much about it but I believe the first year cost would be in the billions but not $123 billion.

Passenger information required to be submitted 72 hours in advance for each and every passenger for authorization for the airline to depart on schedule:

Full name
Date of birth
Passport information:
Passport number
Country of issuance
Expiration date
Itinerary information
Departure airport code
Airport operator
Departure date
Departure time
Arrival date
Scheduled arrival time
Arrival airport code
Flight number
Operating carrier(if available) For non- traveling individuals the itinerary information is the airport code for the sterile area to which the non-traveling individual seeks access.
Reservation Control Number
Record Sequence Number
Record Type
Passenger Update Indicator
Traveler Reference Number

The alleged purpose of the secure flight program is to assume the watch list matching function from aircraft operators and to more effectively and consistently prevent certain known or suspected terrorists from boarding aircraft where they may jeopardize the lives and passengers and others. (Presumably this exempts those in our government who conceived, planned and executed the 911 attack itself). :

Department of Homeland Security: For a Free and Safe America

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I think i'll drive, thanks.

Do you suppose there will be border patrols in each state?

I wouldnt doubt it. :shk:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Am I right in thinking fom the above article that you do not currently have to show any photo-ID when catching an internal flight in the US?

All this talk about how bad it is to "show government issued ID to Airline representives" seems like BS to me. I have never flown internally inside the states but I have caught domestic flights all over the world and shown photo-ID (often my passport, though drivers licence etc would do).

I would have thought that before passing a lot of other bunk legislation I would have put that one in.

As for the 'pre-approval' bit, that is just wrong in the same way that to have prejudicial action taken against you on the say of a potentially flawed computer database is wrong. This system will no doubt use complex 'profiling' algorithms such as "is this guy a muslim?' or "does he have dark skin and a beard?".

I remember Cat Stevens, AKA Yusef Islam the singer / song writer of such songs as 'Morning has broken' - an acclaimed protestor for peace being rejected from a flight because he had a muslim name

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by EJHoover
I remember Cat Stevens, AKA Yusef Islam the singer / song writer of such songs as 'Morning has broken' - an acclaimed protestor for peace being rejected from a flight because he had a muslim name

Actually thats not quite right.
Steven (Thats his real name) was refused entry to the US because
A) He is a high profile Muslim
B) He had visited Iraq, Iran, and Pakistan quite recently before he attempted to enter the US

He was a little amused about it, but a little annoyed too.

Its nice to see him back making music again though (he's a friend of mine)

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Basically this just means you can't turn up at an airport and buy a stand-by ticket there and then - you have to book at least 3 days in advance. Which I guess most people do anyway?

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:20 AM
link   
Actually, looking at the information required, most of that, if not all has to be supplied when buying a ticket anyway.

Actually having just looked at it, ALL of that is required now when buying an International ticket, from the UK at least

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Chorlton

It's all required before you check in for your flight but not currently required to buy the ticket from the UK.

The circumstances when this will be a problem are pretty rare for travel from the UK although a mad dash to Texas at 7 hours notice has once happened to me but I can see it being much more of a problem for business travel internally in the US or on return (when I quite often change my flight home if business finishes earlier or later than planned).

It sounds an unnecessary imposition to me but then again I've never been on a plane that was turned back because of a questionable passenger.

(By the way, you appear to be blessed with your friends - Cat Stevens has probably made me smile more than anyone else who ever picked up a guitar - still can't get used to calling him Yusuf though).

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I just wrote a long piece listing some serious problems with this daft idea ..... and then realised that the 3 day rule is to allow aircraft to depart on schedule.

In other words, if a plane has passengers who weren't registered 3 days in advance, there may be delays whilst checks are carried out. But if all were registered in time, no probs, away you go .....

new topics

top topics

join