It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Does Far Worse Than Ignore Gays

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by CoffinFeeder

I think this has less to do with human morals and more to do with human rights.

If I understand your take, then who are we to say that holocaust was a bad thing? Who are we to intervene in Rwanda or in Kosovo?

There is nothing to excuse this type of action and once create an excuse for one it opens the door for the justification of similar or worst action.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:23 AM
link   
All this talk about the president of Iran, who was actually elected, unlike 'you know who' who stole the presidency!!!
In their country, they hang gays. In this country they taser students
who get upset when they realize its NOT a democracy.
My, my, don't we have a free society! Such righteous indignation!
Less than fifty years ago (or less) the KKK ran the South. (Being Black was hazardous to your health!

Best regards to all.
Here's to no more war.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 05:16 AM
link   
It never ceases to amaze me how we [ the west ] are so full of moral outrage at the Iranian position on homosexuality , and claim to be oh-so civilized amd tolerant , when infact our position has only recently changed

in this country [ the UK ] despite his massive contributions to the war effort , and science , the mathemetician Alan Turing , just 60 years ago , was driven to suicide by the intolerance of officialdom and the anti homosexual laws we had then .

i have had chance to meet and talk to people who worked with Turing , some of those people are alive today .

I dont claim to know what the timeline of the official position on homosexuality has been in the states , but i can and will point the finger at America`s stance on racial discrimination and oppression

any one else feel that we are throwing stones from our glass houses ?

I certainly do .

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jsobecky

Simply trying to point out something about people in glass houses...

And as this discussion is occurring in a period of hostility and propagandizing that appears to be the buildup to a war, trying to inject a note of realism.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I Actually watched his speech on the bbc news site, where he said there were no homosexuals in Iran. Thought to myself yeah right!! I didnt believe anything he said at all. Fsomeone to turn round and say oh btw there is no homosexuals in my country, umsssss yeah oks. Waker up and smell the coffee. Most have to be quiet about incase off reprocutions or indanger to thier own lives, off course they are not going to openly promote their sexuality.

Doesnt surprise me that some have attacked him over his comments, so much double standards in ATS. Because there are a minority of a few members who are homophobic. But thats life I suppose have to accept that.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join