It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Does Far Worse Than Ignore Gays

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The US's predation is not an issue of generations ago, it's happening right now in Iraq.

In addition the US is the only nation that has used nuclear weapons in war - against cities no less.

A case is being made for war with Iran.

To make the case for it you're going to need more than assumptions and vague platitudes.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by neformore

Or to put it another way, I don't agree with your opinion on this subject. If I apply some of the arguments put forward by some of the posters in this thread and similar recent ones that makes you a liar, a nutcase and a threat to world peace and I'd be perfectly justified cleaving a hole in your skull to remove you from the world. Of course, thats not going to happen, but do you see my point yet?

I have no idea what point you are attempting to make. I stated that the President of Iran is a liar. I never said he should be killed. Perhaps you have me confused with another poster?

He is a liar. I stand on that.

I would suggest that you educate yourself to the point where you are no longer prone to characterize everyone who deems Iran a legitimate threat as being brainwashed by the MSM. It's simply not true. Some may be swayed but most of the people I know hold the media in such low regard these days that you couldn't possibly be more inaccurate.

I believe the single greatest threat to the well being of this world are Islamic Fundamentalists who use their religion as an excuse to murder innocents. The little pig currently acting as President of Iran IS a member of the group of which I speak. There is no way the world will ever allow a Islamo-Fascist regime to have access to nuclear weapons. You are blind if you think otherwise.

Those who are lauding him as a great man are mindless drones who have little grasp of our current reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Wow, never expected so many great responses. Keep up the discussion!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Of course, Fox News are postively enthusiastic about gay rights, aren't they?

I think anyone with half a brain knows the Iranian regime is exceptionally brutal in its application of Sharia law. It has been for 26 years now. And it is morally reprehensible and it should be stopped.

However, why would an unashamedly right-wing, pro-evangelical network like Fox show such clips? Because of their deep and abiding respect for all individuals and their sexual identity? Or because, as previous posters have noted, its to try and drum up support among the left for another military venture in Iran (though god knows what anyone thinks they will achieve with that particular brand of insanity).

I know which looks more likely, given previous track record of News Inc companies.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love

Originally posted by intrepid
He might have a point though. You've got to admit that a gay person is going to stay "closeted" in such a society.

That's exactly what I got from his answer, not the fact that homosexuality doesn't exist at all in Iran.

I as well took that to be his answer. I didn't understand the reaction to it at first till afterward.

He said:

"In Iran we don't have homosexuals like in your country...in Iran we do not have this phenomenon, I don't know who has told you that we have it..."

He's right it is quite different.

A gay Iranian would certainly be a closeted one, as opposed to the gay parades that go on in my city every year. I also don't believe he knows any openly homosexual Iranians either. Is this that odd?

How gays are treated in Iran is a different matter but obviously they are there.

I think we are overreacting here a bit to what he may said. I'm surprised at the composure he maintained while being attacked repeatedly. An invite to dinner then a slap in the face at the very introduction...kind of shameless.

The only madmen I saw were the screaming protesters and the "burn in hell" signs the forgiving Christians held proudly.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kaliayev
Of course, Fox News are postively enthusiastic about gay rights, aren't they?

I didn't click the OP link but...I now see that article...was from Fox news?!

FOX news and Christian conservatives now care about gay rights? I thought I heard the same folks claiming God turned his back on America because of gay acceptance?? That 9-11 happened because of gay lifestyles in American culture?

Wait, now I'm confused...isn't there Christian counseling to turn gays straight thereby eliminating them from America?

Fox News cares about...that's...that's it folks, I've seen enough.
Pack your bags my friends, this is officially the end of the world.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by xmotex

In addition the US is the only nation that has used nuclear weapons in war - against cities no less.

Somehow I knew someone would pull that remark out of their hat. That more or less made one of my points.

Once again ignoring the mote in Iran's eye. Defending the indefensible. Sharia Law is evil plain and simple. Butchering Gays and Stoning Women to death is not a desirable trait in a country. No matter how many insults are thrown at the United States it won't change that fact. This thread is about the law in Iran not a war with Iran. I said nothing about attacking Iran. In fact if you read what I said I'm hoping the Iranian people will wise up and take their own country. That would be best for everyone. I also said we should be on guard where Iran is concerned. Bullies like Ahmandidenjad should not have Nuclear Toys.

[edit on 9/26/2007 by Blaine91555]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
Butchering Gays and Stoning Women to death is not a desirable trait in a country.

You're right.

However the article linked to and the photos of the Iranians awaiting executions weren't just "gays" they were alleged "pedophiles".

Iranian officials insisted the two were guilty of not just homosexuality, but the forcible rape of an underage boy. Gay rights supporters say those charges are often applied to homosexuals who engage in consensual relations.

FOX news

Isn't there a better example for Gay rights supporters (and FOX) to hold up? Why are they tying gays in with pedophilia and rape of little boys?

Many in the States (even some politicians) have called for pedophiles to be executed under our laws as well.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by lee anoma]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Beachcomba called it on Page 1 of this thread, this issue is simply being used to demonize the "enemy." Part of a very carefully orchestrated campaign to drive the fear/hate of Iran to a fever pitch - it's a little late, reports had this propaganda blitz slated for the week after Labor Day, but it's happening now.

The people promoting this story don't care about 'gay rights", half of them would be hanging gays themselves if they thought they could get away with it.

Fox news suddenly concerned about gay rights?!
Excuse me, I just spit up my coffee a bit laughing

This is all part of a blatantly transparent campaign to establish support for the coming war among political constituencies who would otherwise oppose it.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma

Butchering Gays and Stoning Women to death is not a desirable trait in a country.

You're right.

However the article linked to and the photos of the Iranians awaiting executions weren't just "gays" they were alleged "pedophiles".

Iranian officials insisted the two were guilty of not just homosexuality, but the forcible rape of an underage boy. Gay rights supporters say those charges are often applied to homosexuals who engage in consensual relations.

FOX news

Isn't there a better example for Gay rights supporters (and FOX) to hold up? Why are they tying gays in with pedophilia and rape of little boys?

Many in the States (even some politicians) have called for pedophiles to be executed under our laws as well.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by lee anoma]

Good catch. Of course, it may not be true. Iran are hardly known for their freedom of press, but if it is, then I see absolutely no problem with it. Personally, I am not a fan of the death penalty, but in cases of rape and murder, I am prepared to make an exception.

Have the Iranians produced any evidence to back up their claims? Court testimonies, that sort of thing. I'm sure on a board this big, someone speaks Farsi and would be able to clarify it for us.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Why do we always try to defend the indefensible?

There is good, and there is evil,

Two acts of evil cannot outweigh one another.

This guys bad, oh? but this other guy was as bad,

so?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lee anoma
FOX news and Christian conservatives now care about gay rights? I thought I heard the same folks claiming God turned his back on America because of gay acceptance?? That 9-11 happened because of gay lifestyles in American culture?

I think your opinion and others like you with the same opinion regarding this issue is way off basis. Let me entertain the idea that what I quoted from you is correct. If it were true, you still cannot compare Iran's treatment of gays and the Christian right. Its a far cry to not want to give gays marriage rights and the actual killing of gays like in Iran. To make your opinion feasible, you would have to believe that everyone who is part of the Christian right would want to kill gay people. Is this what you really think?

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Muslim men may not call it "gay", but they are boy on boy kind of fellas..lol...I have no problem with gay people, think they have every right a straight person or people do/ or should. But the fact that Iran, Iraq, and all of the middle east is full of gays is there. In Afganistan the British SAS had to take classes to not offend with laughter.......Prove me wrong. Betcha cant

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I think Ahmadinejad was trying to send a much deeper message to those high up that were paying close attention.
With places such as Bohemian Grove and reports of gay prostitutes at the White House (among many other things), many people think that a large majority of the government's most powerful players are really, really gay.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopheus
This is pure Zionist Neocon propaganda. Takes about .0001 of a second on google to find thousands of gay hate crimes originating right here in good ole' USA and no that is not a reason to "allow" Iran to commit the same yet one must look at what is going on in the world to see why this is somehow a talking point by the controlled news media and their controllers.

If a gay is assaulted in the US it is a hate crime. If a gay is executed in Iran, it is the law. See the difference?

Originally posted by Neopheus
Fox news aka "Faux news" is a Rupert Murdoch NEOCON ZIONIST propaganda machine and at this point in my "education" anyone who quotes Fox without skepticism is suspect IMHO.

What has Fox News got to do with this? This is not one of their "talking points", as you have said. It is a topic of discussion on ATS.

Originally posted by blowfishdl
This claim is based on completely false pretenses!!!! It is simply flair to make americans hate Iran!!

Sorry, my friend, but it is not based on false pretenses. It is a sad fact that homosexuality, prostitution, apostasy, and heresy are only some of the crimes punishable by execution in Iran. And it is not designed to make people hate Iran. It is designed to criticize a murderous regime that makes these "crimes" part of their legal system. Most people in the US have no problem with the Iranian people. It's their leadership that we have a problem with. Except for those who defend Ahmadinejad, of course.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Some of the far worse they do is posted here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The only crime these people have committed is that they belong to a religion that grew out of Iranian Shia Islam in the 19th century, and they are being hounded out of their own country.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

reply to post by xmotex

I hate to be cliche, but how does pointing out one wrong justify another? That is similar logic to blaming me for the actions of a member of my race generations ago. It's an intellectual cop out.

Bravo!
I have often said that bad behavior cannot be justified by pointing to other bad behavior. So whether it is an attempt at justification, or, imo, an attempt at deflection, it is nonetheless a transparent tactic.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by cloakndagger

Are you serious? Really? That is some logic.

Its a greeting. It is how some people greet one another.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Whereas those that say that something is morally wrong and reprehensible, specifically in regards to killing/beating/etc gays, one has to ask.. who's morals? yours or theirs? Are you about to say yours are superior because they're American, or simply much more liberal?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I take sides with nightwatcher above, I do think its not our business to meddle in the affairs of another countries social values, however when Iran they decides to drop a dirty plutonium bomb on the saudi arabian oilfields, it becomes our business, military people understand the meaning of premptive strike, civilians never understand it. Interesting to see france and germany to stand together on the iranian nuclear problem, it makes me very happy to see those two countries to finally get along with each other.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join