It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Study: Few do not form racial prejudices

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Study: Few do not form racial prejudices

www.sciencedaily.com

CHICAGO, Sept. 25 (UPI) -- U.S. researchers found just 7 percent of respondents do not have the usual human tendency to favor one's own group and not form racial prejudices.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Are we all guilty of prejudging? This study says the majority of us are.

I always believed that is has everything to do on the enviroment that you were raised and not that everyone is born like that, that's is something that this study fails to address in month opinion.

That might explain why this world is the way it is.

www.sciencedaily.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Bunch]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Well, obviously. We work the same way when it comes to the way people dress and look too. We put all sorts of judgments on people based on their appearance.

But if you are aware that you work that way, you can put in the effort to look behind the simplifications and see the real person.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:04 PM
link   
There was an online test that a University had concocted that measured reaction times given pictures with certain racial themes. The idea was that they could measure subconscious levels of racism. I'll see if I can find it again. I was really surprised.

edit: found it. It was Harvard's "Project Implicit". Here are the demo tests, if you find it interesting, consider going to the main site and registering, they have a lot of tests that are pretty amazing.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Tom Bedlam]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I will want to know if this has any merit in the way we see and react towards people of other countries too.

Since I was raised outside the U.S. I can not speak of the perjudging nature of people in this country, but back where I come from we had some perjudging tendencies about the people from the surroundings areas to the point that we had jokes about them and so them in a lesser way. For me personally it was not until I had personal interaction with this other people that's all those notion began to disappear. I was young at the time too.

I wonder if anyone here had that same experience.

new topics

top topics

join