It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This google ufo is a blue ribbon winner

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Google mapping is notoriously innaccurate. According to them I live in the middle of a 25 mile long lake about five miles from here (using my street address). I like fishing, but I ain't one. Google gets the "factory seconds" of photo mapping imagery. I don't want to beat a dead horse or pile on, but there is nothing in the image of real interest other than a slightly anomolous circular pattern near the center which is uninterpretable due to the resolution. I am not implying you altered the image, but rather that someone along the way may have. In training one of the first thing we are taught is "Don't see what isn't there." I do appreciate your efforts and enthusiasm.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Thanks Ankil. That just pretty much made my whole day to hear a friendly post back. I will be much more careful on what I thread in future.
Thanks again
John

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

How do you explain the exact "UFO" thats directly above it at the top of the image? A question which you got asked before and didnt answer I might add. Sort of says it all really.

Its a roof. Simple as.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I can't explain it sneaki, it is what it is. Make up your mind for yourself. I'm not going to hold your hand and explain what I think is anomalous. Far be it for me to try to induce people into thinking that something that is in plain site isn't. Take a chill.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Solarskye

HEADS UP!! Ya'll missed it. Look at the yellow oval. Now look to the left of it and down SW about 3/4 inch. See the big triangular UFO flying East?
How many UFO's can you find in this picture? I found three. 1. just pointed out. 2. Big round one near red circle. 3. Black arrow head just left of center. The subject of extraterrestrial visitors/invaders is a serious concern, and I don't mean to make light of it, but many of us who have legitimate concerns are ridiculed about theories or conspiracies too often founded in fuzzy images or questionable information. In this thread I have seen several snide or belittling comments (not acceptable). We who visit here are all (well,99% of us) on the same side of this issue and are allies, so let's act like it. If the picture isn't up to your standards, post a better one for everyone's benefit, please. I have only seen one image I considered incontrovertible, and I have analyzed thousands over the years. All I can say is it came from the Navy and was taken near Destin, FL not far from Gulf Breeze from directly overhead at extreme altitude. When I first saw it I literally peed my pants. I don't believe in UFO's. I know they are real and not locals. Peace Ya'll

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:28 PM
link   
It's just no wonder that things get so screwed up. I can tell by reading that many in this thread spent possibly 5 seconds looking at the picture prior to blurting out "roof" or some other structural part.

As I said and one other poster after me, it is a google earth add in over the photo. Whether a mistake or on purpose as an image marker of some sort.

Why even post if you aren't going to even take the time to be marginally close to an accurate answer.

So many think they are sooo much smarter than the OP with these quick (Hey doofus, never seen a roof before?) posts. No offense to anyone but this is the kind of thing people do on cut rate sites. Come on people!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Chin up, Bunky!! Anyone can criticize, but few can fix it. If they're so great, where are the pics they posted? And if they're so smart, why aren't they rich? Oops maybe some rich guys come here, too. Probably just guys like Gates. Do not give up or you're off my friend list. Stay in the fight. NOLI CARBORUNDUM et sic temper tyrannus.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I think you guys are missing the point, if there are a couple of roofs that exactly look like the ufo you have mentioned, how are we to think otherwise? Why would we assume that its google who doctored the image?

Do you have the original image then? Or proof that its been tampered with in anyway?

No ones getting angry either, so Ive no need to chill.

All I and everyone else said, is that it looks remarkably like a roof.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Here is a composite of two terraserver images and the original posted picture.

The Terraserver photos have different lighting which makes it clearer.
Just the roof on a house.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join