It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel's biggest bank says cutting Gaza ties

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Israel's biggest bank says cutting Gaza ties

news.yahoo.com

JERUSALEM (Reuters) - Israel's biggest commercial bank said on Tuesday it was severing business ties with Palestinian banks in the Gaza Strip in response to the Israeli government's classification of the territory as an enemy entity.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:20 AM
link   
So the plot thickens a little bit. This move can only be seen as caatastrophic for the Palestinians.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:26 AM
link   
That isn't gonna make the people there happy. Businesses will suffer. People will get poorer. The poorer people are, the more desperate. The more desperate, the easier to radicalise. Brilliant move.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by TruthWithin

Now any "real" banker can correct me if I am wrong but......

Couldn't Muslim countries work banking with them
They don't care about the wests happiness-much
Are they not supposed to help their Muslim brothers, as they refer to them in news statements?

I say this as most international banking is done threw the internet-yes - I am assuming that they have some sort of satellite based system for the internet, if phone lines go down.

Another thing that would go very far would be if it's "leadership" was not have destroying another country and killing all its inhabitants as a basic premise-yes, sorry sort of off topic there a bit.

Lastly, no I don't think this is a good thing.
The reason is the honest people will suffer while the terrorits don't really use the banking system...much.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well the palistinians wanted a hamas lead government and now their paying the price.Oh and the missiles that are being lobbed from there.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

The article further says,

"Israel declared the Gaza Strip an "enemy entity" last Wednesday and said it would reduce its fuel and power supplies to the territory in response to rocket attacks by Palestinian militants.

It has yet to carry out any cuts and pledged to keep humanitarian aid flowing..."

Hmm..more rocket attacks at Israel and yet they say humanitarian aid to Palestine to continue. I suppose we'll know from media when the cuts actually occur.

Dallas

top topics

join