It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Northern Pike Fish Kill Ready to Go

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Northern Pike Fish Kill Ready to Go

www.news10.net

Nearly 400 workers from the California Department of Fish and Game were in Plumas County Monday, preparing for the largest manmade fish kill in this state in a decade.

"We've been basically working for this day for the past two years and we're ready to go," said spokesman Steve Martarano.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.rgj.com
www.signonsandiego.com
www.my58.com

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Where's PETA on this one?

The poison being used in this California lake kills all gill breathing fish. This lake is also a reservoir for local dirinking water.

They say this poisoning of the lake will not affect other animals or the drinking water, they are also going to replenish the prized trout supply but I wonder if this is the way to get this done.

They haved already failed in getting rid of the Pike in 1997 by poisoning.

Having been an avid pike fisherman, I am sure there are many out there who have enjoyed a few fish frys with the delicious fish.

www.news10.net
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Poisoning a reservoir for local drinking water because you don't like the kind of fish in the lake?

That's insane!!!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I agree Gools, they should let fishermen who crave the northern pike to fish that place out for free, and release their prized trout back into the lake, it doesn't make any sense to kill all the fish with poison.

Anyway here is some info on the poison used in this fishkill:

WIKI

pesticideinfo.org

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I've had Northern Pike for a fish fry and it was very tasty! Why would they want to kill them? They're fun to catch too!

top topics

join