It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservative groups break with Republican leadership

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
National leaders of six conservative organizations yesterday broke with the Republican majorities in the House and Senate, accusing them of spending like "drunken sailors," and had some strong words for President Bush as well.

It appears that some people may be waking up to what is going on.Its time to think about whats best for the country..not what best for whoever your particular political affiliate happens to be.

www.washtimes.com...

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by McGotti]

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
It's about frokken time the conservatives started thinking for themselves. There's nothing traditionally conservative about this pathetic, warmongering NEO conservative administration. They spend more than all the big government lefties combined.

Here's an excellent analysis from TomPaine.com:

Sinking Ship

Seemingly adrift from reality, President Bush last night firmly tied himself instead to a failed and sinking Iraq policy.
tompaine.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:09 PM
link   
....failed sinking Iraqi policy? Hmm, maybe, but perhaps the Office of Strategic Initiatives can clarify what exactly the 'people' thought, eh?

"What Americans Really Think of Bush's State of the Union Speech"
Link:
www.newsmax.com...

Excerpt:

"New numbers from the Office of Strategic Initiatives show overwhelming support for President Bush and say that 76 percent rated the speech favorably, and 70 percent say the policies outlined in the speech will move the nation in the right direction, according to a CNN/USA Today/Gallup poll.

But Bush has Americans' favor all the way around:

* 69% express satisfaction with their financial situation (NBC/WSJ)

* 68% approve of Bush's handling of terrorism (NYT)

* 64% rate Bush as a strong leader (CBS/NYT)

* 59% say Bush cares about their needs and problems (CBS/NYT)

* 58% say the Bush administration has made progress on the economy (CBS/NYT)

* 58% approve of the president's job performance (ABC/Wash. Post)

* 54% approve of Bush's handling of the economy (Gallup)

* 54% favor the new Medicare law (NBC/WSJ)"

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Seekerof, I'd like to hear what you personally made of Bushs speech, if its been posted somewhere else, point me to it; i must have missed it.
I want to hear yours, not the statistics. Seriously.

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Politics kegs.....he said things in earnest and said things that sounded good...appeasement....then again, watching the Democratic New Hampshire Debates is along the same lines as the presidents speech....anything and everything said is said for one thing.....votes, and this amounts to nothing but semantics and symbolisms.....politics as 'norm'.

regards
seekerof

posted on Jan, 22 2004 @ 11:39 PM
link   
In times of war sacrifices must be made by the populace for the betterment of the entire country.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 03:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
In times of war sacrifices must be made by the populace for the betterment of the entire country.

You're brainwashed.

I would like to see all these leaders, around the world, doing the wars they have started. " We are now in war. It's time to do some sacrifices. In mean , you'll sacrifices your lives while I'll stay at home, enjoying a non-dangerous live, then I'll sign a peace treaty with our so-called ennemies and I'll do big money with them. "

Leaders don't do wars. When they say " it's war ", it's common peoples as you or me who have to fight and die for THEM.
And these " leaders " can be from the so-called freeworld or from a third world communist/Islamic nation, it doesn't matter. Poor & middle-class peoples have to fight & die when rich peoples just stay at home. Of course, when you want to increase your already vast fortune, it's better to stay at home, isn't it ?

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
You go boy!

I'm putting some Chipolte Mayonaisse on my French Fries at lunch in your honor!

When college becomes unattainable financially for many, they go into the military to finance it. So the US will always have a built in "Bodies for cannon fodder "route, since no degree gurantees very few work options.

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bout Time

1) UP Nailed it! You go boy!

2) I'm putting some Chipolte Mayonaisse on my French Fries at lunch in your honor!

3) When college becomes unattainable financially for many, they go into the military to finance it. So the US will always have a built in "Bodies for cannon fodder "route, since no degree gurantees very few work options.

1) Thx you, but don't think that I'm now a Calamity Bill fan. I'm still thinking that:

- Reagan rocks
- Leftist are dangerous cranks!

- Political Correct. sux.

- Peoples have the right to bear arms and to defend themselves against EVERYTHING & EVERYONES.
- Taxation should be outlawed.
- ......And many others things that you won't like.

2) Mayo and French Fries ? What a weird mixed. Forget the mayo and try Tabasco.

3)

[Edited on 23-1-2004 by ultra_phoenix]

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Seekerof,

Those numbers aren't the least bit surprising. We're talking about the same uninformed and overly emotional people who fell for Clinton's BS and re-elected him in '96. That was one of the worst days of my life. I actually had to completely leave politics after that. (Course I got roped back into it b/c of the 2000 presidential election.) Just because the American people approve of something, it doesn't necessarily make it right. On terrorism, Iraq and Weapons of mass destruction, the American people have been woefully ignorant. I mean if you buy into the polls, which I don't give much credence to, half of America actually bought that BS line about Saddam being in on 9-11. That was the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. Too many Americans only get about a quarter of the truth on issues from the mainstream media. The few and most informed among us go way beyond our mainstream media and don't bother watching our network "news." (Which is a joke)

best regards,
ECK

[Edited on 19-09-2003 by EastCoastKid]

tr

posted on Jan, 23 2004 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Just another day in the life of a conspiracy minded citizen of ATS. ...so i'm at lunch right? I only have a few minutes to slam some lunch. I turn on the 'puter to see whats happening. I get into trouble right away.... I see a bbc article that says post your comments- what do you think about gerges state of the union speech? I post something totally contrary to my usual thinking to get a rise. I says...
I think we need a strong leader... Bush's grandfather Prescott funded the Nazis. It's about time we shook off "old America" (to use Bush's Old Europe browbeating tactics.) BBC site said they would pick replies to post. I guess they didn't post it.

I sent them another one saying that I didn't mean it. I had sent a letter to the editor of my home town paper a message about old prescott, and they had published it but no one wanted to comment, I explained. The next time I checked my E-mail the .net passport thing pops up and I enter my password. Norton Internet security tells me " A Java Script is trying to read your password." That never happened before.

So I wonder is it the good guys watching out or the bad guys trying to find a buddy?

Oh, well I just want everyone to know I aint a Nazi. "They" are probably reading my screen now.

posted on Jan, 24 2004 @ 10:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO

Man, you gotta be kidding me. Americans don't sacrifice anything for this country anymore. Except the people whose loved ones and friends are in the military. And most of those folks know what a crock this whole Iraq war is. The only people gung ho for it or those who ain't never been there.

new topics

top topics

join