It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Drone Like UFO captured on Video night of Eclipse? (video)

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:51 PM
link   
Lets get some facts straight before we continue to make obvervations about this. Also, maybe you should view the website of the TV station that aired this video as well as the video itself. This video was viewed by experts at Morehead University and no explanation could be given (thus genuine ufo). Also, it is confirmed that this was during a lunar eclipse so that is not in question. The TV new station probably wouldn't make claims otherwise unless they could confirm this happened during the eclipse themselves. Also they probably contacted the university to confirm the finding of the scientists.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:58 PM
link   
My guess as to why Moorehead can't tell him what the object was is because either they don't know, or it's classified.

Space Weapons

Here's an article that dicusses the development of such space based weapons. We all know that Black Budget programs exsist. Many people speculate that these types of programs may well be 20-40 years ahead of current technology. Just the fact that the former Science Advisor to our last two Presidents has admitted to this type of investment by our government, to me, means that the programs and probably even the weapons themselves are already operational.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:08 PM
link   
NYK537....any word from the guy who took the original footage? The suspence is killing me!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZMac
NYK537....any word from the guy who took the original footage? The suspence is killing me!

No not yet. I won't be able to get to Morehead until this weekend sometime, either late Saturday or Sunday. I may have some friends of mine go and check it out too though before then. I still know a handful of people that attend Morehead State. I'm gonna give them a call this evening and see if they can head out there in the meantime.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Probaly just a kite with string attach to it. Nothing to worry about people.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:59 PM
link   
This Gentleman in Kentucky responded to invitation to OMF (Open Minds Forum) They will be releasing detailed report. They have already gone on site, and have reviewed original tape.
Mr. Staggs, has joined in the forum and is more than actively participating now in figuring out what he saw.
A number of possibilities are being pursued such as Cessna airplane sillouette, cables, etc. So far it appears very similar to Big Basin type drone.
Second video apparently has been confirmed by Morehead U. and should be seen imminently by them.
Mr. Staggs will likely release higher quality version for observation and sounds very excited to see secondary video taken some 80 miles away from his location.
A few stills have been pulled from original tape that have more clarity and definitely appear to match existing drone photo info.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Hi everyone *

see part way down page linked below > Jeromystaggs <
He is the man himself that took the video.
You will find a lot more info direct from him, as opposed to a lot of speculation.
The entire thread is an excellent read.

www.tiny.cc...

[edit on 26-9-2007 by CircleMan]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by The Coward

Very fascinating. My son in Texas took some photos of that eclipse and I never have seen the moon look quite like that. He said it was really a spectacular event. But no drones in his photos.

The man who took the video is clearly serious and believes what he is saying and is going forward in a thoughtful and organised way. To my ear he sounds truthful, but there are of course other benchmarks to measure that in a professional way.

Either it is a drone like those popularised by Linda Moulton Howe or perhaps it is another space station that we "little people" aren't supposed to know is up there.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:31 PM
link   
hmm intersting , im not normaly a sceptic but wen i looked at it reli closely it looks either like a model airoplane (cessena type model) or an antenna or some sort. personally im not convinced, but hey thats just me im probly wrong

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
Why not just make a UFO/probe, that actually does look like an airplane or something? If your going to fly these ships around where people can see you, shouldn't you at least try to disguise it? A UFO that looks like a small plane really wouldn't gather much attention even if it flew right over you. Wouldn't that make more sense then having all these alien looking craft hovering about if your trying to keep it secret? Take a cigar shaped ufo and slap some wings and a tail on it. There you go, no one would ever know. Guess I shouldn't give them ideas... =)

[edit on 26-9-2007 by b309302]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Flagged.

Oh brother! Here we go again, just when you thought the drone phenomena was dying down... KABAAM! Right in the groin. I personally enjoy the debate, though.

So, from what it looks like? Yeah, there is a resemblance between the object in this video and the drone pictures. I have to give major credit to the guy coming out and showing us his own information in person, not some forum alias. That to me gives me great belief against the hoax scenario. But even then, I'm not positive.

Carry on.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:42 PM
link   
It's a shame this didn't happen during an eclipse, where there would be plenty of people looking up at the same time, and not only one or two witnesses with a shaky camera. [/sarcasm]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mattifikation
Could someone be kind enough to further explain this 'drone' business to a lowly newbie on the forums?

This thread, and the website linked under it(which appears in the first post of the thread, but I linked it seperately, dunno why), anyway it should give you a good deal of information to look at concerning the Drones.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

isaaccaret.fortunecity.com...

As for the video. My first reaction as a helicopter, as the first 'blade' appeared to spin into view, but the it stopped. but then toward the end of the film it kinda looked liked som fixed wing aircraft facing the camera. Moving vet slowly soundless?, I don't know. After rewatching it, it does almost look like a cessna(sp?) or small plane coming to land right near the guy's house. You can almost make out landing gear on each side of the bottom.

**Interestingly enough I made this post before reading circlemans post, about the people conducting the investingation coming up with a similiar explanation, as I jumped ahead to give Mattifikation a couple links about Drones, then editted the post with what i though it might be, then I continued reading from the top of page two*, interesting as I'm usually way off on these, and I still could be.

But are there any airpoirts, private, military, any type near this area?

After a third watch I think I heard crickets and what not, so I'd expect I'd hear a prop plane, or heli, or a jet, but no, this was silent. There is no denying the similarities to the shape of the object in question to that of the original Chad drone pictures.

Good find OP

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Nola213]

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Nola213]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 07:16 PM
link   
I'd also like to an add an image to this debate:

This is what the ISS looks like in lunar transit.

So, the object we see in the video has to be enormous if it's actually outside of our atmosphere. Which, I highly doubt. So, it's either an object flying at typical commercial airliner levels (which would still be enormous) or the object is closer than you'd suspect.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Donoso]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:06 PM
link   
[edit on 26-9-2007 by elevatedone]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This may be helpful -

Source of photo.

The photo is by Martin Wagner of Sonnenbuehl-Genkingen.

This will give a good idea of size at Commercial Jet altitudes.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Yesterday I posted,... "To me it looks just like a power line was in the shot between the camera and the moon. They often look just like that right before they connect to the pole."

In fact we can see a pole and powerlines right where the guy is pointing to show where he filmed the clip.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by b309302
Why not just make a UFO/probe, that actually does look like an airplane or something? If your going to fly these ships around where people can see you, shouldn't you at least try to disguise it? A UFO that looks like a small plane really wouldn't gather much attention even if it flew right over you. Wouldn't that make more sense then having all these alien looking craft hovering about if your trying to keep it secret? Take a cigar shaped ufo and slap some wings and a tail on it. There you go, no one would ever know. Guess I shouldn't give them ideas... =)

[edit on 26-9-2007 by b309302]

I don't think secrecy was the intent I believe someone was meant to see it.

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts
It's a shame this didn't happen during an eclipse, where there would be plenty of people looking up at the same time, and not only one or two witnesses with a shaky camera. [/sarcasm]

Umm yeah, it did happen during an eclipse

[edit on 27-9-2007 by jhamende]

[edit on 27-9-2007 by jhamende]

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Hey guys. So, I headed down to Morehead this weekend and went out to the house where this video was taken. Unfortunately, I wasn't able to take any pictures as the gentlemen didn't want me to. He didn't directly say this, but he implied that he didn't want me to take pictures because he was worried I would use them to discredit him and/or his story. I wish I knew him better than I did so I could have worked around this. I do have a friend who is still attending MSU that knows him very well. He's going to go out there sometime this week and hopefully come back with some pictures.Anyway, here's what I found…

He did show me the exact spot in which he filmed the video in relation to the location of the moon, and I can tell you the vantage point he had was completely clear of the power lines and trees you can see in the above pictures. The area behind his home where he was filming does face some brush line and trees, but they are much to low to cross paths with the moon from where he was filming. I can only conclude that whatever is seen in the video is most certainly NOT a tree limb or power line. Exactly what it is, I have no clue.

As I said, a good friend of mine who is a student at MSU is hopefully going to head that way this week. He knows this man as a friend of his fathers and will hopefully be allowed to take some pictures and/or video of this place. I'll be sure to let you know what he finds...

posted on Oct, 1 2007 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyk537
He did show me the exact spot in which he filmed the video in relation to the location of the moon, and I can tell you the vantage point he had was completely clear of the power lines and trees you can see in the above pictures. The area behind his home where he was filming does face some brush line and trees, but they are much to low to cross paths with the moon from where he was filming. I can only conclude that whatever is seen in the video is most certainly NOT a tree limb or power line. Exactly what it is, I have no clue.

But, unfortunately the video shows a powerline in between the camera and the Moon.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join