It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parallel universes really do exist, according to a mathematical discovery

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:27 PM
link   
this all ties into the law of atraction.

1. we are the master of our thoughts
2.our life experince is in our hands
3. we can be, do, or have any thing we want.

we just have to visualize it. THOUGHTS BECOME THINGS!!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Looks like they finally discovered the different vibrational worlds, teehee, about time.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Legalizer

By the way dejavu has nothing to do with multiple dimensions, its your brain
catching up with the sensory input its experiencing with a delay, kind of like
an echo or reverb but of the cognitive kind. A bioelectric loop if you will.

There's an article from Viewzone Magazine that explores an aspect of the concept you mention.

Source | You Can Know The Future

Everything we know about the external world right now - the sounds, the sights, the feelings - are all being delayed. Everything that you think is happening right now actually happened already, about half a second ago!

So how is this possible? How do we drive cars, catch baseballs, swat flies and write or draw if it's all delayed? Well, the obvious answer is that we have adapted the ability to compensate for the delay by projecting our behavior into the future, which is really "now."

Be aware, there's a disturbing image that pops up in the example of how one of the tests were conducted.

This article also touches upon The Global Consciousness Project.

Odd, right now the "Dot" is gray.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:27 PM
link   
I love this idea and I've long held it. And I'm very proud of this forum too...no slamming or flamming or hate...we're all just sitting back and pondering the vastness of this concept. Bravo OP, Bravo ATS!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Usually this kind of topic makes my eyes glaze over....not today...
Amazing post OP...Flagged and starred.
Mods..give this guy a prize....

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:56 PM
link   
WickedStar & AccessDenied

Thank you much for your kind words.

I also want to thank ever one else who has contributed so far to this thread.

As WickedStar pointed out this thread has been remarkably civil and informative and the reason being is that the subject is so fascinating and thought provoking.

Your imagination can run wild thinking about all the possibilities and ramifications.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sunsetspawn
We may each inhabit our own universe, with the people around us only being shadows, or non-sentient copies of beings that live in their own universes.

In your universe you will live forever, become an anomoly, a god amongst men. All of those you know and even those you argued with here on ATS will die off and won't even be a memory. You, however, will never die, and become a living idol of a galaxy spanning civilization. I type this message in my universe, and you recieve it in yours. From your perspective I will die one day, but you shall not.

However, from my perspective all of you will be the memory.

Ever have deja vu? That's your universe being reprogrammed to artifically extend your life beyond the catastrophy that was meant to happen to you. In another universe, one you in fact branched off of, you died, and maybe I watched it happen.

Prove me wrong.

This has been my nonsensical post of the month. Please don't argue with me because I'm not going to defend this insanity. It's just something I thought of at this very moment when reading this parallel universes stuff and figured it sounded interesting enough to post. I'm pretty sure I originally theorized something like this when I was ten, especially the deja vu part.
Anyway, I'm going to bed, peace and chicken grease

VERY weird, but i have always had the same feeling.
Like im riding a bus... and suddenly get this feeling, "I might have just died here, but I only die for someone else.... I on the other hand continue going". Maybe its some "fear of death thing", but it feels so... so, perplexing I dont know...

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Now if I may contribute...

Ever thought about free will? I mean, how much in this universe is Random? Anything at all? I cant think of any... except our choices, say we have 2 or 3 good choices A B and C. Now nothing can be random, can it? The choice is bound to be influenced by past events (even if you say "hey ill just random pick one", you cant random pick, something still makes you pick one...)... anyway...
A) Is everything determined by the beginning, by one thing?
or
B) You actually take all the chances, all the possibilities, and by doing so you create a parallel universe...

Bah... i need more wine -.-

edit:

Ive hit a wall... about the being god bit and never dying....
Say you ... jump off a very friggin Tall building...

[edit on 26-9-2007 by ch1le]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   

According to quantum mechanics, nothing at the subatomic scale can really be said to exist until it is observed. Until then, particles occupy nebulous "superposition" states, in which they can have simultaneous "up" and "down" spins, or appear to be in different places at the same time.

If nothing exists until it is observed then we live in a reality whereby anything is possible. Even things we would normally consider absurd. Even the theory by Dr Andy Albrecht itself didn't exist until it was consciously thought of in his own mind. This also implies that there is no such thing as a single theory, and every theory consciously imagined by every human being now exists and has split off into a parallel universe as reality, well atleast in the mind of the person who thought of it.

How many thoughts does an average human being have in a life time and every thought supposedly creates it's own reality. The mind truly boggles. However, I wonder why we are not aware of these other realities or maybe we only get glimpse of them during our dreams. What's the point ?

Your Mind is a Quantum Engine—Are You Ready to Fire It Up?
The art of "applied quantum physics" is learning how to harness the power of consciousness as we move through space and time. At the heart of quantum theory lies an astonishing (and scientifically proven) truth: that the very act of observing events in your life can alter their outcome. Our minds may not be just along for the ride in an impersonal universe, suggests Dr. Wolf. Instead, we can define the fabric of reality at a fundamental level with the choices we make, the things we choose to see or not see, and most importantly, our intentions in each moment.

This sounds very much like "the law of attraction". I washed the video just recently and it certainly gives you a positive vibe. Well one way to see if any of this is true. I shall have to put it to the test and see if my life improves the way I want it too. Well I'm off to meditate and hopefully create a better future for myself and everyone else.

www.youtube.com...

Oh by the way whose to blame for this reality. C'Mon own up.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Hello all, my first post here. I just had to interject with a different spin on this.
What if all of time, from the beginning to the end already exists along with all the parallel universes and every possibility of anything happening has already played out. I hope that makes sense.
And the only thing that changes is our perspective, or our consciousness or spirit which is moving along essentially inhabiting each millisecond of an existence already played out and we are only aware of the moment we are in and the previous ones. Maybe our free will of making choices just makes us jump to different paths along the way.
Just something I thought of, and I figured I would finally just share here instead of being an observer all the time.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS Tech Savvy. Hope your stay here is both fun and entertaining.

Good theory, You might possibly be right. I was having a discussion on a similar topic on another forum and more or less said the same thing.

Wrote on another forum:
In a quantum universe everything exists at the same time, as there is no past, present or future, including time, as they are all illusions. Everything that is and will be has already been calculated in the quantum universe. Basically what I'm trying to say is that every possible situation has already been worked out and our consciousness creates the illusion of reality and also dictates what path we take.

To me this obviously implies that this reality and all the others are basically running on a super quantum computer. Basically it's a simulation. Who knows what the truth might be.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by kindred]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
Welcome to ATS Tech Savvy. Hope your stay here is both fun and entertaining.

Good theory, You might possibly be right. I was having a discussion on a similar topic on another forum and more or less said the same thing.

Wrote on another forum:
In a quantum universe everything exists at the same time, as there is no past, present or future, including time, as they are all illusions. Everything that is and will be has already been calculated in the quantum universe. Basically what I'm trying to say is that every possible situation has already been worked out and our consciousness creates the illusion of reality and also dictates what path we take.

To me this obviously implies that this reality and all the others are basically running on a super quantum computer. Basically it's a simulation. Who knows what the truth might be.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by kindred]

a simulation aye? So technically, us, this simulation, we can create other simulations and so on :I Does this simulation live on even if the the "creator" quantum computer "dies", and so on!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Probably not unless there's a backup
On a Quantum super computer We dont actually create the simulation. Every situation already exists. It's a bit like playing a computer game. Lets just say a space game like X3-Reunion. If you were inside the game you can go any where you like and experience everything the universe has to offer but you cant actually change the rules and mechanics of the game unless of course the simulation itself allows it.

If it is a simulation running on a Quantum computer then it's an extremely powerful computer. Far beyond anything we can envisage today. Then again maybe not, somebody might actually think of it sooner than later.

Of course there's also many other possibilities. Your imagination is limitless.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by somedude
I've read on this time and time again, always amazing no matter how I think of it. One thing I was never clear on though, does every single tiny action split off or only major collective actions? ....
[edit on 9/26/2007 by somedude]

This is the main reason I don't like this theory... it not only applies to every action that you, I or Joe down the block does. It applies to every subatomic particle in the entire universe. Each and every possible action for every speck of matter/energy in the universe breaks off a new universe every 'instant'.

Not that the universe has to make sense to us...but rarely is the universe silly and that idea seems...well silly.
And theoretically mass can be created in those kind of quantum ripples but to think that the entire universe recreates it's own mas a near infinite number of times in a nearly infinite small fraction of a moment all...just seems ... meh.

Somone asked if that could be the 'dark matter' of the universe. It couildn't be based on that theory, as the multiverses mass would be massive to the infinite power.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:09 PM
link   
From a post i made in another thread on the same news story the other day here. www.abovetopsecret.com...

I have always thought of it along the lines of:

Imagine a computer generated fractal image with a branch for every possibility in this universe and each branch represents a parallel universe. and the observation nailing it down part is just for the universe that the version of you is in.

Now its hard to imagine so many physical universes for every choice, but what if it wasn't physical, but a computer model, what if it was a computer model in a computer millions of times times beyond the powers of a quantum computer. Now imagine that all of these branches running simultaneously in this hotrod computer could be generated in a few minutes that span the lifetime of our virtual universes. This could all be a study, or a high school experiment,.... and we would never know.

If this were true could we ever progress enough to prove it? Think about it, we have had computers for what 50 years? Imagine a civilization that has had them for 1000's of years. I am sure it would have no problem virtualizing all of these simultaneously

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:36 PM
link   
We cannot just stop at the parallel universe, we must understand there are multi-universes. I for one believe this.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 05:42 PM
link   
What a GREAT thread!! I'm a new user, but have been an avid reader at ATS for a few years, and this is one of my favorites! I'm certainly no mathmatician, but this theory sure seems to fit. Quantum Mechanics usually gives me a migrane, but it just SEEMS right. It's almost like there's a Universal Consciousness (God?) that we are all a part of.
If you think about alternate universes being created by every decision or action of every subatomic particle, it's mind blowing. Every particle in the universe acts on every other particle. How many different universes is that? I guess reality is infinite, and we can only perceive our own personal reality.
Can I switch to the reality where the people control the American government, and not big corporations?
I wonder if you gave space-time a little twist you could travel between them?

GREAT TOPIC!!!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by pjsconcrete

Great we welcome your thoughts! They are interesting, I believe God and His universe is infinite and many mysteries are yet to be revealed.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:38 PM
link   
They could've just asked me, YEARS ago...
It would have been much simpler.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Abbadon777

Originally posted by somedude

Not that the universe has to make sense to us...but rarely is the universe silly and that idea seems...well silly.

Not to everyone. (Certainly not to me.)
The point of this post being: you (or I, or anyone, of course) shouldn't generalise about our own feelings and concept scopes. Ever.

[edit on 26-9-2007 by Vanitas]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join