It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Janet audio 09/18/2007 and 09/19/2007

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Callsign of the month for Janets was COBRA. FURY is a mission callsign. I never found their mission frequency. They were not using the UHF tower frequency.

COBRA with a single digit is a Beech Janet. COBRA0 is N20RA. COBRA1 is N661BA, etc. CobraXY, i.e. two digits, are 737 Janets.

Large Cargo is a 737 Janet. Small cargo is a Beech Janet. Fast mover is any high performance aircraft. Slow mover is mentioned. That could also be one of the Janets, or it might be one of the security choppers.

To play ogg files, using winamp or videolan
www.winamp.com
www.videolan.org

This was supposed to be a stereo recording. Not sure how it ended up mono. The channels are control (approach/departure) and tower, both VHF. There is only one spot where both tower and control are on the radio at the same time. Station 9 is the Janet terminal at McCarran.
www.lazygranch.com/sound/janet/09182007_1.ogg
If I copy correctly, "they are doing a barrier search." No clue about that one.

The next two came out in stereo. Left channel is tower, right channel is control. Notice that some schmuck comes on the radio calling for Las Vegas approach. Now either he screwed up when punching in the frequency, or the pilot parks a radio on Groom ATC for entertainment, then used the wrong radio. [Actually, this happened twice.] Note that the person on the tower frequency is also handling ground. FURY64 "report high key" refers to flame out proficiency training. Generally duirng daylight hours, they only fly conventional aircraft and they are often performing various profiency training. Station 7 is the Tonopah Test Range.
www.lazygranch.com/sound/janet/09182007_2.ogg

Same as above, i.e. left is tower, right is control.
www.lazygranch.com/sound/janet/09182007_3.ogg

This next file was supposed to be stereo, but ended up mono. This time the frequencies are control and ground. For some reason, they are giving two digits on the transponder code, so 31 is really 331. Something odd here. They held the passengers on board due to something happening in building 400.
www.lazygranch.com/sound/janet/09192007.ogg

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
This next file was supposed to be stereo, but ended up mono. This time the frequencies are control and ground. For some reason, they are giving two digits on the transponder code, so 31 is really 331. Something odd here. They held the passengers on board due to something happening in building 400.

thanks for posting this : Do we know what building 400 is ????

thanks

snoopyuk

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by snoopyuk

Originally posted by gariac

thanks for posting this : Do we know what building 400 is ????

thanks

snoopyuk

Well, I don't know about building 400. I was hoping someone on ATS does. ;-)

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Building 400 used to be the Badge Office. Perhaps it still is. The original building 400 was a trailer west of the 737 Ramp but it was replaced with a new building, possibly with the same number. It may be the JANET terminal.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
Building 400 used to be the Badge Office. Perhaps it still is. The original building 400 was a trailer west of the 737 Ramp but it was replaced with a new building, possibly with the same number. It may be the JANET terminal.

Maybe every Janet passenger has to check in at the terminal. Seem silly since they must have been checked out at the McCarran terminal.

new topics

top topics

join