It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. supports terrorists groups against Iran

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:02 AM
link   
During Amadinejads question and answer session he spoke of a terrorist group that has been working for years to undermine the Iranian gov't. The U.S. repeatedly accuses Iran of equipping groups in Iran however, the U.S. seems to ignore one key group operational in Iraq the Mujahideen-e-Khalq (MEK), which is on the State Department's list of terrorist organizations and also listed as such by Iran. I believe the group Amadinejad is referring to is the MEK. The reason I believe the U.S. fails to identify what Iran is doing in Iraq is because Iran may actually be combating such forces in Iraq. The U.S. allows this group unchecked because the MEK tries to undermine the gov't in Iran. Amadinejad refers to attacks on gov't officials by a terrorist group active in Iraq although not specifically stating the name of the group. Amadinejad Q&A
At four minutes in the video Amadinejad speaks about Iranian presence in Iraq. An artice in alJazeera magazine speaks of the MEK and its problems with Iran and also speaks of U.S. unwillingness to do anything about them.

Both the U.S. State Department and Iran view the MEK as a terrorist group. The U.S. government, however, does not always act as if the MEK were one. During the 2003 invasion of Iraq, the U.S. military dropped a single bomb on Camp Ashraf. It struck the women's barracks at a time of day when the soldiers were not there. When I visited two weeks later with an ABC camera crew, we filmed the MEK bringing a scavenged Iraqi tank into their base. U.S. forces drove in and out of Camp Ashraf, making no effort to detain the supposed terrorists or to stop them from collecting Iraqi heavy weapons. Since Iran had its agents in Iraq from the time Saddam fell (and may have been doing its own scavenging of weapons), one can presume that this behavior did not go unnoticed. Subsequently, the U.S. military did disarm the MEK, but in spite of hostility from both the Shias and Kurds who now jointly dominate Iraq's government, its fighters are still at Camp Ashraf. Rightly or wrongly, many Iranians conclude from this that the U.S. is supporting a terrorist organization that is fomenting violence inside Iran.

alJazeera magazine
I believe that if this news was more available or more widely known support for the U.S. in Iraq would be even less than it is now and also would decrease support in America and abroad for action against Iran. The U.S. has never recognized Iran and supports governments in the middle east the are pro-west. These governments such as Saudi Arabia, Bahrain, and Pakistan are not governments with western Ideals. Meaning, Saudi Arabia and Bahrain are monarchies and Pakistan is more or less a dictatorship. The populations in these countries are not big fans of there governments just like the population in Iran prior to the Islamic revolution didn't like the Shah's governement. These countries we support allow for to an extent western agenda's. Its funny how in the U.S. we speak of freedom and how our goal is to bring "freedom" to all of these peoples. However, freedom is only acceptable if these governments back U.S. agenda's otherwise America supports and conducts covert ops against these nations and put out propaganda to fuel support against these nations. Shias in Iran and the Shia led government does not support al qaeda and actually helped the U.S. in 2001 by giving the U.S. intel about the Taliban and Al Qaeda in Afganistan. Why is it then that our media tries to link Iran with 9/11 by calling it an insult for Amadinejad to visit Ground Zero? I believe the Answer is that the U.S. and the media want the American people to support action against Iran to complete the goal of domination of the Middle East. I appreciate any response.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by jhamende

our military has stated many times what iran is doing in iraq. sending weapons and people to fight aginst Gods will. it has been on the news many times. but i guess sence its not on alajzeera it never happened..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:10 AM
link   
Then it's clear cut what we need to do. We need to invade ourselves, oust the terror supporting Bush regime, and bring democracy to the United States.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by DaleGribble

It has been on the news many times? What news? Iran equipping groups in Iran? To what end? Which Groups? Where is evidence of this? And AlJazeera is not the authority in all of news as CNN and Fox are also not.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:20 AM
link   

www.washingtonpost.com...
www.cbsnews.com...
abcnews.go.com...
news.bbc.co.uk...

shall i go on? i can. i never said anything about fox or cnn. and none of these links belong to them.

[edit on 15amu12007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by wingman77

Sounds like a good start though we can simply oust the terrorist Bush regime with elections. Consider reading what I have to say instead of making irrevelant remarks. It is a fact that the U.S. conducts actions against nations that do not bend to our will.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Please actually post a real response with supporting evidence not simply links to news sites. Thanks

[edit on 25-9-2007 by jhamende]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhamende
reply to post by wingman77

Sounds like a good start though we can simply oust the terrorist Bush regime with elections. Consider reading what I have to say instead of making irrevelant remarks. It is a fact that the U.S. conducts actions against nations that do not bend to our will.

i know what you mean because ranting on aforum is a good way to change the world.

i dont know everything that goes on behind the scenes and neither do you, but if all you have to offer the world is just listening to you. then maybe you should save your self some heart break and time and give up now.

you dont have to worry about my one linners on your threads anymore because im not wasting my time with them anymore.

bush for king 2008

[edit on 15amu12007 by DaleGribble]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:30 AM
link   

No being politically active is a way. And I am politically active are you? Also you don't have to read this or respond save your self the heartbreak. Trolling threads is also against ATS rules. You could simply read and move on or take a position and give reasons for your position with supporting evidence. You have done neither.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:43 AM
link   

ok ill humor you. i gave the same evidence you did a news source that nither of us can verify. im open to diffrent views but if you cant give the same respect im not gonna waste my time. it has been said on news sources that iran is helping terror in iraq. i gave 4 links to that affect. i consider myself politically active. i vote i watch debates via the internet. i however dont believe that ranting on a forum is changeing the world. it is just one headache after the other on here when it comes to politics. i would think that you can agree. im sure the us is funding groups to help take over their government. we have admitted to such things in the past. it is how war works. the enemy of my enemy is my friend. its the same thing iran is doing in iraq..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by DaleGribble

ok ill humor you. i gave the same evidence you did a news source that nither of us can verify. im open to diffrent views but if you cant give the same respect im not gonna waste my time. it has been said on news sources that iran is helping terror in iraq. i gave 4 links to that affect. i consider myself politically active. i vote i watch debates via the internet. i however dont believe that ranting on a forum is changeing the world. it is just one headache after the other on here when it comes to politics. i would think that you can agree. im sure the us is funding groups to help take over their government. we have admitted to such things in the past. it is how war works. the enemy of my enemy is my friend. its the same thing iran is doing in iraq..

Your links are just links to newsites not actual articles of any kind. Why do you come here if you think voicing opinions is useless. You don't need to try to convince me its a headache. If its is one for you then don't come here.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:55 AM
link   

its also a fact that other nations do this as well. Palestine is very well known for this. and if i use the same logic as you iran i just as guitly of the same thing. im sure i could name a few more.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 01:59 AM
link   
May I step in and ask so i understand, is anyone above saying the USA has not ever, nor currently been involved in covert acts to overthrow governments? Including means that qualify as terroristic

And also in the interview before the speech Iran President admitted some Iran weapons were in Iraq.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Your links are just links to newsites not actual articles of any kind. Why do you come here if you think voicing opinions is useless. You don't need to try to convince me its a headache. If its is one for you then don't come here.

this is exactly why i said i was gonna leave. i gave the exact evidence you did. i just checked the links and the take you to stories of iran supplying iraq with weapons. thats where they took me anyway. but if they arent working for you i found them by googleing iran arms iraq.

i never said that voicing your oppinon was usless. it helps to contribute to conversations we are having here. but it is in no way changing the world. and bringing the same topics over and over in diffrent posts. is getting old. the iran-us topic is all over this site.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Redge777

I'm not sure what these other two posters have said. No one has posting anything constructive. I'd be happy to here you opinions however.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:28 AM
link   

You edited your post with the links they didn't work before.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:32 AM
link   

i have to ask. it isnt constructive because they dont agree with you? im trying to see your point but the way i see it is very one sided. im not saying that the us isnt using the same taticts. but a monster who is responsible for the public stoning of women and homosexuals has no place ruling any country much less getting the respect of any rational human.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by jhamende

I'm not sure what these other two posters have said. No one has posting anything constructive. I'd be happy to here you opinions however.

It depends on definision of Terrorist, if it is just those who act with fear to control others, well we do it all the time, even to our own Americans.

If it means acts of dispicable violence, I can't say what is happening today, like most governments the US keeps that secret from us. But I do know we have done many terrorist acts at times when we were far less pro intervention.

Their are many examples of possible current US actions around the world but you have to chose who to believe.

If the US is not supporting terrorist in Iran, then it is only because they have not found a group they can support without risk of detection. I think it is fair to say that. I do not see any moral or policy objections from within the US, which bothers me, as I think it should bother most people.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Agreed, because if we have been trying to undermine the Iran gov't for years and are on there doorstep wouldn't you think they might act? If this bit of info was more widely known perception of Iran may change and we could avoid another costly war simply to control oil and resources. I wish we could just be a country that did positive things and that our government didn't lie to us.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:46 AM
link   

I often imagine this scenario. After 911 the president stands up and says we were attacked, but we are better then terror. We will root out the evil by showing the people of the world who the good ones really are.

He starts sending sending aid and plans military drops of comandos into foreign countries. They drop in, build a hospital, leave supplies and evac. Nice little plaque by the door with the constitution engraved on it.

We do massive drops of food and medicine. bomb-bay doors full of reading material and societal support.

The whole world was with us then, we could have really changed things if we would have turned the other cheek.

Then when governments say we are bad, the citizens turn on them.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Redge777]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join