It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FBI has instant wire tapping technology.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:49 PM
link   
Under the new/reformed patriot act, the FBI has a new wire tapping technology that allows them to retrieve phone conversations in an instant. It is a point and click systemcall DCSNet. Or Digital Collection System Network. Any phone call at any time can be retrieved by the FBI.
This is just downright dangerous in my book.

www.wired.com...

abcnews.go.com...

blog.cytrap.eu...

I looked to see if this was posted before and didn't see anything, my apologies if this has been covered or if this isn't the right forum.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:10 PM
link   
No one has a comment to this?
This is a big thing!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This was all caused by CALEA.

But as far as phone conversations go (as opposed to internet communications), they were able to do this long ago.

The telephone central office switch system has been able to forward a "copy" of both sides of a phone call to a gubmint agent for decades. At least since the 4ESS switch was in place. When you get a call, the agent's phone rings. When you make a call, same thing. He picks up, and listens/records the thing. You don't hear clicks, you can't spot an impedance change. Nothing.

Heck, even when I was still a youngster, da gubmint could call the operator and ask for an emergency audio feed from the verification network from whatever number you wanted. It took a few seconds to set up but then you could listen from wherever you were.

Before the switches at the ISPs had CALEA taps, the Feds went down there with a laptop and jacked it into the switch. That was Carnivore. Now, they can lay back at the office and ask for the data to be copied and sent to them at whatever IP they want by the CALEA features in the ISP's equipment. No more on-site required.

Supposedly it takes warrants, but if it's like it used to be, a convincing story and an ID is really all you need.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Yeah Calea changed everything I performed a lot of the Calea upgrades on
Nortel switches but even before that you could trap calls and trace them.
it was the 501 generic I think been a while

so anyway whether or not you like you are being listened in on and as far as the web goes you are being watched so my advice is if you plan on doing something wrong forget it.. at least electronically instead use smoke signals

another point worth mentioning is cameras if you don't like the phone thing and the internet thing wait till there are cameras everywhere ugh

I am moving to the woods to get away from all that crap I used to love my job in telecom but it has all changed and they have taken all the fun out of it I don't want to spy on people...or even just maintain the spy equipment

Later
GEO

new topics

top topics

join