It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush says Clinton will be Dem nominee

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Bush says Clinton will be Dem nominee

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON - President Bush, breaking his rule not to talk about presidential politics, says he believes Hillary Rodham Clinton will defeat Barack Obama in the Democratic presidential primaries.

Bush also predicts that Clinton will be defeated in the general election by the Republican nominee. "I believe our candidate can beat her but it's going to be a tough race," the president said.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I for one think that Hillary is very beatable. And I think the GOP knows that. obama is such a wild card that i have to believe that he would be far tougher to defeat in the main election. Hillary will get the nod as she is the consumate insider. But she has tons of skelitons in the closet to exploit as well. The GOP may be starting an behind the scenes campaign to ensure she gets the nomination

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Hey, why wouldn't he know, he works for the same people that the Dem's do.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
It'll be interesting if we see a Hillary vs. Rudy race. Will it deteriorate into the nastiest campaign ever, or will they both decide they both have enough baggage and they should just let sleeping dogs lie?

Unfortunately, I think all the radical 527 groups that exist now on both sides make the latter impossible.

It should be interesting!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I half agree with him. I'm not convinced she'll get the ticket but if she does I definitely do think she'll be defeated, even if Obama were to end up being her running mate. Between being a Clinton and being female, she just doesn't stand a chance.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I think Hillary's certainly odds-on favorite to win the Democrat nomination. After that, it depends. If the Democrat primaries and convention are a contentious bloodbath and she squeaks in, and she chooses a running mate from one of the other candidates, and if it's Obama (or Edwards, for that matter), whew, that'll be a tough slog. (Whole lotta "ifs" there, but that's where we are).

If however, she waltzes into the nomination, and selects a running mate like Indiana Senator Evan Bayh (a very likely scenario), he's got the whole midwest wholesomeness thing going for him that will take some of the "too liberal" taint off the ticket. Hillary's a polarizing force for sure, and she'll have a much better chance by "softening" the ticket with a perceived moderate.

Remember, both Democrats and Republicans run to the fringe for the primaries, then back to the middle for the General Election.

Good times...

[Edit for typo..."Even Bayh"
]

[edit on 9/24/2007 by yeahright]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Ok I am going to say this once, ok thats not true I will say it over and over. Hillary is not the democratic canidate she is the corporate canidate.

She use to be a Republican

She use to be on the board of Directors of Wallmart.

This is how it works, while they play the ping pong game of democrats vs Republicans the same people get picked to run for congress and presidency, corporate canidates that protect the rich. They get the money, they get the media coverage.

Edwards has been right up their with Hillary and Obama and he gets no media coverage but hair cuts, doesn't that make you wonder?

Hillary and Bush are on the same side! break the right left lie.

Check this out, while the media was calling Hillary the front runner in 2004. 51% of the American people, in a poll, said they would definetly vote against her. Thats a front runner? She has been behind Edwards in Iowa for ever.

All she has is name recognition and people who have forgotten Bill Clinton did Nafta and a sabotaged Kerry's run for office.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:34 PM
link   
And you call that democratic elections... what a joke. Rudy the scum who participed in the inside job that was 9/11 by destroying the crime scene and probably coordinating the whole event from WTC7, then Hillary the other scum working for Bilderberg... Yeah great democracy, everytime the US elects criminals to represent them, don't wonder why the world hates your government and think you're stupid.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Vitchilo]

top topics

join