It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fla. Man Says He Was Tasered Over Quran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Fla. Man Says He Was Tasered Over Quran

ap.google.com

Jeffrey Shields, 49, of Ocala, filed a complaint with the Ocala Police Department alleging an officer used a Taser to force him to hold up his right hand, police spokesman Lou Biondi said.

In a complaint filed Tuesday, Shields said he did not want to raise his right hand from under his shirt because he did not want to drop the Quran, but the officers said they could not tell what he was holding, Biondi said.

"The officers didn't have a clue what he had under there, regardless of what he was saying," he said.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 11:56 AM
link   
This one just seems a little strange to me!

He didn't want to raise his hand from under his shirt because he didn't want to drop the Quran? PLEASE, couldn't he have raised his hand while still holding onto the Quran, and why did he keep it under his shirt, sounds to me like he was looking for some kind of incident with the cops.

ap.google.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 24/9/07 by Keyhole]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

Yeah, methinks he was asking for trouble too. Raising the Quran above his head would be a good thing, preferable to dropping it. Unless the Quran was under his shirt, in which case, why was it there in the first place?

apc

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:13 PM
link   

"The officers didn't have a clue what he had under there, regardless of what he was saying," he said.

Who said? Conflicting pronouns there...

Sounds like the cops were justified. He was reported to have a gun... for all they knew he had a gun under his shirt.

This smacks of set-up. I'm guessing any judge will see right through it though when the "wtf?" factor jumps out at them.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I think we should wait for more information on this one. It's really hard to tell what's going on from that article, but I think the lengthy wait to complain is significant. If a real rights violation had occurred, why would he wait 19 days to complain? Jeffrey Shields doesn't strike me like a Muslim name, either, but that's no proof of anything.

It is true that Muslims feel a respect for the Qu'ran to the degree that they will not even set it on the floor or take it into an unclean place, so that part of the story makes sense to me. Very little else about it does, though.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by DragonsDemesne
It is true that Muslims feel a respect for the Qu'ran to the degree that they will not even set it on the floor or take it into an unclean place, so that part of the story makes sense to me. Very little else about it does, though.

As long as it is above the foot, preferably above the waist, it's fine (although anywhere in the toilet isn't). And Jeff Shields doesn't sound Muslim (but then again some he might be).

I have to agree with apc, though, it sounds very fishy.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

new topics

top topics

join