It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Dollar Officially Worth more than United States Dollar

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

Although, I am not really convinced that canada does have a sound banking system. While they may not have the same insolvency issues arising from the subprime mortgage meltdown, they are still based on fractional reserve banking and FIAT currency manipulations, so.... it's only a matter of time.

posted on Oct, 14 2007 @ 03:23 PM
link   
www.reuters.com...

The shell game continues. Aren't these banks the ones that have controlling interests of the Fed? Throwing more non-existant money (paper) at the problem just delays the inevitable. Sooner or later these banks will have to show their cards and when that bluff is called all bets are off!

These banks have been using the Fed to screw the little guy since 1913. I'm sure they're taking what little gold there is and whisking it away to a safe place before they default on all the paper out there.

posted on Oct, 16 2007 @ 06:44 PM
link   
I just got back from the Beer Store,
the US dollar is now worth (drum roll)

... 92 cents to Canadian retail sectors.

Thats right, in Canadian stores the US dollar is only worth 92 Canadian cents.

With the way things are going, I should think many stores will begin banning the use of US dollars... by the time you get it to the bank it's worth much less than it was supposed to.

posted on Nov, 3 2007 @ 11:54 PM
link   
After the last rate cut last week, the dollar continued its precipitous decline. It now costs $1.07 to buy ONE canadian.

One of my favorite funeral hymns. Mozart's Lacrimosa from the requiem mass. They say that listening to mozart actually helps your neural networks build more interconnected dendrites.

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 12:06 AM
link   
It has been higher... $1.45 per USD

The dollar became the official monetary unit of the Province of Canada on 1 January 1858 and the official currency of Canada after Confederation. Its "spot" or current market value has approximated the US$ until the former's recent decline, the significant exception being during the US Civil War, when the Canadian dollar rose to US$1.45. From 1879 to 1914 Canadian and American currencies were on the gold standard and were therefore each defined by fixed and equal units of gold.

www.thecanadianencyclopedia.com...

What are the chances?

BTW... I was in a major(Canadian) mall today and the line-up at the money exchange booth was long. I don't think they were trading because they like looking at American money. I think they're getting ready for a bit of cross-border shopping.

In every store I went to, I asked when they were going to drop prices to reflect the surging dollar. It's really going to impact Christmas shopping in Canadian stores this year if they don't. Port Huron is just a nice little drive for me and the majority of Canadians.

--------------------------
Spelling edit

[edit on 4/11/07 by masqua]

posted on Nov, 4 2007 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by masqua

Several companies have been taking steps to lower prices.
Sears lowers prices
While this is not a very strong trend, atm, it is picking up. A local comic book shop here has gone with the US prices printed on all their books.

posted on Nov, 7 2007 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The Loonie broke $1.10 US for a short time today.
It sank back down to 1.08 before closing, but this is amazing.
Back in September when all this started happening, top people were predicting that it could possibly break that mark sometime early in the New Year, but no-one seems to have thought that the Canadian dollar could be such a rocket in the ramp up to the all important Christmas season.

Check it out:
Yahoo Finance

posted on Jul, 17 2008 @ 03:22 PM
link   
ok im canadian and i say the only reason are dollar is higher is because the natural resources in this country are extremely high we have lots of oil , lots of gold , diamonds , silver , coal, an of corse the trees

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join