It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Dollar Officially Worth more than United States Dollar

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Sadly I see this devaluation of the US Dollar as a political tool in global revenge tactics.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:05 PM
link   
People, I have the solution. America already has an alternative currency, I heard about it on Coast to Coast a few years ago.

It's called "The Liberty Dollar!!!"

Wait, that might just be a scam...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Hmmm, i wonder why America seems to always try to use words like "Liberty" "Justice" and all those other things you see in comic books.

Maybe they try to sound Idealistic, but it just sounds try hard ish

I wonder what was spoken at Apec about the US falling dollar (if it was mentioned at all, of course)

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:37 PM
link   
The good part, for the US where I'm located is... more Canadians coming here to shop. So that means more money will be pouring into this economy. Though, it's been long time coming that our dollar is worth less.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I have been saying that the US has been slowly dieing but I also believe that the powers that be want the Amero or the North American Dollar pushed through. This has been planned for ages now way before Nafta!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:29 PM
link   
This is bad news for canada, if it stays this way. 2008 the dollar is expected by economist to start to "comeback" while the Euro is expected to depreciate. This is a cycle, ppl who have been around for a bit understand that. The dollar has depreciated before.

So this is not the undoing of america. Though many on here would like it to be.

Wasnt the US supposed to collapse pretty much every year since 2001? People have been predicting such to happen since americas conception, yet, nothing....

[edit on 24-9-2007 by West Coast]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 02:36 AM
link   
I work in the FOREX Market and it has been some Good Times betting Shorting the Dollar. Saw it Coming since 2003 when I First Got in the Biz

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
I had this pinned a few days ago.. check this out

www.abovetopsecret.com...

here is what it says...

1.00 USD

=

0.999982 CAD

United States Dollars Canada Dollars
1 USD = 0.999982 CAD 1 CAD = 1.00002 USD

Date of Post.. 9/21/07

I beat them to it.. WOOHOO!!

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Octavius Maximus
Hmmm, i wonder why America seems to always try to use words like "Liberty" "Justice" and all those other things you see in comic books.

Maybe they try to sound Idealistic, but it just sounds try hard ish

YOU are going to have liberty and justice and freedom damn it; even if we have to shove it down your sniveling little throat, and YOU will like it.

[edit on 25-9-2007 by grover]

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:05 AM
link   
HAHA Grover.. that was hallarious..

Thanx for that one..

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by ThichHeaded

It should be said with a German accent.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:16 AM
link   
I don't know if it has already been said but the reason the Canadian Loonie is so high right now is because what we are exporting is getting a major buck. Gold, Oil and Wheat are grabbing a pretty pennie on the stock market and that put's us up to parity-for the moment.It's not going to last however.The dollar will fall back to around 90 cents U.S. in about 8 to 12 months.Neither government will allow a strong Canadian dollar for lots of reasons. Rest assured my American friends,your economy will not collapse and you will not lose your superpower status. Besides, whoever heard of a Third world country with nuclear weapons????

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:43 AM
link   

YOU are going to have liberty and justice and freedom damn it; even if we have to shove it down your sniveling little throat, and YOU will like it.

Im unsure whether your being funny...or if i struck a nerve...or both...

It should be said with a German accent.

No, say it with an American accent, its annoying enough *cringes*

Whenever i hear and American news report i have to hear this butchering of the Letter 'R'. Leave the poor thing alone!!!

Rest assured my American friends,your economy will not collapse and you will not lose your superpower status. Besides, whoever heard of a Third world country with nuclear weapons????

Yep, the desperate nation with the plunger to end all life.

That will end well...

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Rest assured my American friends,your economy will not collapse and you will not lose your superpower status. Besides, whoever heard of a Third world country with nuclear weapons????

Yep, the desperate nation with the plunger to end all life.

That will end well...

I don't believe it will end up so much as a desperate shooting match. I think most of it will be sold off to other nations.

Look at what happened when the former Soviet Union collapsed. Most of their weapons were sold to other nations and various organizations. I'm pretty positive the same effect would happen should the United States collapse.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Im not sure about that, The US is fanatical enough to pull a mexican standoff on everyone, forcing cooperation or annihilation.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:54 AM
link   

Im not sure about that, The US is fanatical enough to pull a mexican standoff on everyone, forcing cooperation or annihilation.

I guess we shal have to wait and see on that one.

Even though I'm doubtful that this would have a violent end, the possibility of a dying nuclear power turning violent does frighten me.

As I said though, I think this is going to turn out to be a minor depression, not a total collapse. Let's keep our fingers crossed.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Well as ive said a few times before, ive gone over it so many times in my head.

The American psychology influences its people in ways which can do nothing but harm the world.

Giving it access to nuclear power and the American mind (second Amendment) means that they want to keep the nuclear power themselves.

I would like to ask everyone, because ive always been curious.

What Right does America have to declare war on Iraq (or anyone) for WMD's when it has them itself? Why is America allowed something other nations arent?

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:07 AM
link   

I would like to ask everyone, because ive always been curious.

What Right does America have to declare war on Iraq (or anyone) for WMD's when it has them itself? Why is America allowed something other nations arent?

Oh man, you are asking the mother of all questions.

This question is the key to why most of the world views the US to be a hypocritical nation... and explains ALOT of the hatred towards the US.

There's a few other things that the US doesn't want other nations to have as well, including nuclear power plants, and if I'm not mistaken, a few countries have had difficulty getting access to the proper medical research facilities because the US was afraid they would make biological weapons with it.

"You can't have the car because your brother wants it... and he's bigger than you."

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 10:15 AM
link   

This question is the key to why most of the world views the US to be a hypocritical nation... and explains ALOT of the hatred towards the US.

I have a few other reasons such as the wholesale rape of the letter 'R' but go on.

There's a few other things that the US doesn't want other nations to have as well, including nuclear power plants, and if I'm not mistaken, a few countries have had difficulty getting access to the proper medical research facilities because the US was afraid they would make biological weapons with it.

"You can't have the car because your brother wants it... and he's bigger than you."

Wait wait wait...youve gone straight past the reason, and gone into motive.

That is the reason?! Why does world go along with this horse #? Why cant Australia call for UN backing against America because they have a large amount of Nuclear weapons and powering facilities?

dont worry about the medical facilities though, those are subpar
AND expensive

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 11:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Iblis

Iblis,

I think you may have misunderstood what I was saying. I was not comparing the U.S. to 3rd world nations, I was giving examples of 3rd world nations that have had Super Inflation occur to them. Someone brought up the fact of taking a wheel barrow to pay for food, there exactly right. As far My thoughts of it happening in the U.S., I doubt it, is it possible, yes, but I doubt it, I think we're in for a slow decline.

My point is, as I stated before, I do not believe in a massive "Pop" that will occur. I think the Economy will die slowly, and with it the economy of the world. I do think that our leaders have an interest in maintaining the economy, but I think they have more of an interest in maintaining power, which, is not necessarily indicitive of money.

As far as your economic might, I congratulate you. I only wish to have millions in the bank, and to drive a BMW. That being said, I am a product of lower middle class, in my best year, I made $45,000. That for a family of 4 is only $15,000 above the poverty line for the U.S. That being said how many americans live under $30,000 a year? Almost everyone I know does. You are the excemption, not the rule. Let me break my income down for you:

45,000 / 12 = $3750 per month
$3750 *.36 = $1,350 per month in taxes
$3750- $1,350 = $2,400 per month take home.
Mortgage = $400
Food = 700
Gas = 200
Electric = 75
Natural Gas= $150 per month(I'm on a budget plan)
Car payment= $300
Insurance= $120
Total so far= $755
Health insurance = 200
dental insurance =75
life insurance =10
Total so far= 345

This leaves me with 345 per month or an extra $4,140 dollars, oh, wait, I have to pay school taxes and property taxes
School= 300
property= 755

That leaves 3,085 dollar a year or $59 dollars a week extra for me, God forbid there is a health issue, or the car breaks down. That being said I also get $1500 back in taxes at the end of the year, on average. Which usually goes to pay off a health bill, or some other bill, I've been nickel and diming.

While I compliment you on your wealth, I can say comfortable, you are the minority. If you want to invest in the stock market now, go ahead, I for one, will not, I don't have the money to spare, nor do I think its a safe bet. I wish you luch in the future, but kindly refrain from showing ignorance and animosity towards myself and others that post, it belittles your statements, and your views.

Regards,

Camain

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join