It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canadian Dollar Officially Worth more than United States Dollar

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:03 PM
link   
The $ is going to be so low that the Chinese are going to buy all US companies that are worth some money. The IBM pc company (now Lenovo) could have been only be the beginning.

At the start of the € (euro), 1€ costs 0,9$, Now for 1€ you get 1.4$. That looks like a lot but that didn't change much for the Europeans (ok, the fuel is 10% cheaper).

[edit on 24-9-2007 by looofo]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by fweshcawfee
Although the conversion rate fluctuates constantly, as of 9:13 am today the Canadian dollar is currently worth about one tenth of one cent more than the American dollar. Wooptie Doo?

yeah, just wait till you go out and have to buy your party favors with a wheelbarrow full of Reich Marks Dollars.

They were also pretty smug in Moscow in 1916.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by uberarcanist
Man, if I had a dollar
for everytime America's financial death was prematurely predicted. Look at it this way, how are all the other countries faring in standard-of-living measures as compared to America? I would be worrying about the other countries and not America.

the problem isn't the way they live ...its the way we're going to live when your money wont buy anything. dont you understand the currency is wort less than ever? do you understand they're talking already about cutting intrest rates again,which is what caused this to happen in the first place?
do some research...its happening right now

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by dr_strangecraft

I haven't seen anyone post yet about how this devaluation is part of a conspiracy to force the North American Union on United States-ers.

If the dollar goes the route of the italian lira, Americans will champion the issuing of the "Amero" for financial reasons.

I figured somebody would have posted that by page two.

Doc,

I just started a thread in regards to this topic and have been thinking about this one for quite some time. I wonder what others think in regards to the Amero happening.

ATS Amero Discussion

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Realtruth]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sp00n1

So ends the American Dollar age, and so begins the Amero

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by looofo
The $ is going to be so low that the Chinese are going to buy all US companies that are worth some money. The IBM pc company (now Lenovo) could have been only be the beginning.

At the start of the € (euro), 1€ costs 0,9$, Now for 1€ you get 1.4$. That looks like a lot but that didn't change much for the Europeans (ok, the fuel is 10% cheaper).

[edit on 24-9-2007 by looofo]

didnt dell just sell a bunch of itself to china?

or did i read something in error or out of context?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:51 PM
link   
On the Amero suddenly becoming a fact, Canada and Mexico might want to have a say on this.

IMO, it's a bit premature.

Although the present Canadian administration might contemplate it, they are a minority government and would certainly fall on their swords if they tried to push that pill down the throats of Canadians.

Personally, I enjoy a higher value for my loonies and toonies.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:37 PM
link   
Well, if America were to fall then so will the rest of the world. So, all this "my currency is now worth more than yours" crap mystifies me. Heh, already I see the lines being drawn between countries should this come true. Despite what most countries may think America's presence has kept the world from slaughtering itself a loooong time ago. Once we are out of the picture I fear the world will plunge itself back into the dark ages starting with the middle east.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

There is no getting through to these guys. Like I said before, this guys think they know everything and Americans are morons. I noticed a lot of threads are like this.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by wardk28

Not too sure where you are going with this...

Who thinks Americans are morons and what does this have to do with a falling USD?

It was lower than the Canadian dollar once before, you know, and the US didn't 'disappear' then nor will it now.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by boomadatigger

If an when america collapses, there will certainly be a massive power vacuum. China and Russia are likely to fight for it, and i would put my money on China coming out the victor. They are still pretty backwards in a lot of ways, but they have cheap labor and billions of potential infantry members.

I see a lot of parallels between america now and rome as it was collapsing. We are an empire, not a country. Britain also once held the high-ground as THEE super-power, and look what happened to them...

IMO, China is now the new super-power. The have nukes, they have financial nukes in terms of nuking the dollar too. I think they are getting ready to nuke the dollar to their own benefit.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Gee, I dunno about the US dollar. Israel just asks U.S. foreign aid be paid in euros. So now the euros is worth more than the dollar which followed on the heels of the british pound beating up the dollar earlier this year. If china dumps the buck, we be looking at a really bad time for the dollar.

Euros to israel instead of dollars

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by dingleberry77
America is about to go "pop". And there will be mess everywhere!

I believe you may be right, why, the stock market skyrockets, so we are ok right? ...... sure..... thousands of layoffs still rolling out of the financial sector (Country Wide layingoff another 12,000 workers) along with many other banks. Wages stagnet, once again, for record lows. Prices inflating. Dollar depreciating.

If only I could get my fiancee to understand that our ancestors where wrong to come here, I could get her to come with me and leave.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:56 PM
link   
UMM...........This isnt good.

MEXAMERICANADA

It is coming......

Do not resist......

The day where no borders exist is coming soon to a town near you....

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by IMAdamnALIEN
UMM...........This isnt good.

MEXAMERICANADA

It is coming......

Do not resist......

The day where no borders exist is coming soon to a town near you....

Good, us rebels will be able to spread easier

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Monday, September 24, 2007
1 US Dollar = 1.00140 Canadian Dollar
1 Canadian Dollar (CAD) = 0.99860 US Dollar (USD)

1 US Dollar = 115.550 Japanese Yen
1 Japanese Yen (JPY) = 0.008654 US Dollar (USD)

1 US Dollar = 0.70993 Euro
1 Euro (EUR) = 1.40858 US Dollar (USD)

Currency Converter

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by boomadatigger
Well, if America were to fall then so will the rest of the world. So, all this "my currency is now worth more than yours" crap mystifies me. Heh, already I see the lines being drawn between countries should this come true. Despite what most countries may think America's presence has kept the world from slaughtering itself a loooong time ago. Once we are out of the picture I fear the world will plunge itself back into the dark ages starting with the middle east.

Yet another patriot who still believes the world will crumble without the good ole US of A.

Yawn. Educate yourself dude.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by camain
I agree with scientist. Super inflation has occurred in several 3rd world nations, Peru in the 70's-80's, Zimbabwae in the 90's- 00's. Your mortgage may go stay $120,000, @ say a 6% interest rate, but your electric, gas, water, sewer would all go up. This is because the price to move products would go up. Think of this not as a #1 nation, but as a 3rd world nation. Most people in 3rd world nations spend 90% of there income on food and shelter. the other 10% goes to luxuries, such as cooking oil, heating oil, and clothing.

Now take the average American that spends 50% on food and shelter, and 50% on luxury items such as TV, internet, phones, etc. How are they going to react to living like a 3rd world person does? In a word, Nuts, cause thats exactly what would happen. YOU would see MASS protests in the U.S.

The Government doesn't want that, so as a result, there going to do everything possible to make the death as slow as possible. I.E. my death by a 1000 cuts theory. We still have a long way to go in my opinion till that happens. Ofcourse if some world altering effect happened, this could result in a more drastic change, but at our current levels, I give us 10 years.

Just my humble opinion. Additionally, someone mentioned about making it easier on mexicans, and investing in mexico. I saw an article on Corporations opening up farms in Mexico. You get the Cheap labor, and none of the hassle all at the same time. Might wanna look into one of these companies if interested in investing.

Cheers.

Camain

Another person making terrible, idiotic claims about the American culture?
Now, I drive a BMW. I have several million left in the bank -- For my children's college fund, retirement, etc.
And despite all this, I guarantee you I spend less than 20% a year on anything luxury.
'Secret to Success'?
Maybe.
Though right now, especially with gas prices being so high, the average American is hardly spending a thing on luxury, in the long run, and those that do are abusing their savings. [Not necessarily a good choice, but, they've earned the right to do so.]

Furthermore, I'm not quite sure why you believe our current or future administrations will simply bring the economy to a slow death.
You'd think that politicians have a patriotic, as well as personal stake in the future of the country -- And there are sufficient safety nets for sudden plunges.

To even begin comparing the loss of the American dollar to the economies of African countries is ridiculous at best, and says something about your grasp of Economics.

This is all a cycle, and many of you are crying wolf.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a far bigger problem for the US/Global economy, is the $30 Trillion in worthless Over the Counter Derivatives floating around the financial establishment. The sub prime fiasco was just the opening chapter - it's going to get much much worse. Fed is injecting liquidity at record rates to keep markets bouyant and to keep their rich buddies afloat a bit longer, but this is just pouring gas on the fire. Eventually it will all come tumbling down, maybe hyper inflation, maybe stagflation - either way, it's gonna get ugly for the US econ. and the dollar will BURN

"how low can ya go ..."

Buy gold and bury it at the bottom of the garden or stash it under the floor boards!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 07:28 PM
link   
While I don't believe this means the US economy is about to totally collapse, I do foresee a depression coming.

Not just for the US, but for Canada as well.

Only a fraction of Canada's economy relies completely on the States, that would be the exporting supply companies. However, if the states isn't there to buy from them, then those companies aren't there. If those companies aren't there, where is the rest of Canada going to get it's supplies from?

This in turn would make it incredibly hard for the US to get itself back on it's feet. It's just a matter of time after a depression that Canada begins to push for increased trade with overseas nations.

If Canada gets it's economy on it's feet via this method first, the US simply wouldn't be able to afford to buy supplies from Canada. Canada, being the US's primary provider of resources.

The point is, the US is a consumer nation. It has to have a powerful dollar to be able to buy effectively from suppliers. If the dollar is low, they have no buying power. They cannot afford the goods other nations are selling. No buying power, no economy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join