It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indiana UFO's

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
For some time I have been watching and photographing strange objects in the sky where I live. Here are a couple of recent ones for study....

This one looks like the "classic" saucer shape.

The one shown here looks more like a flying sock to me, no idea what the heck it was...

These two pictures are some of the better ones with actual shape and or structure...I'm pretty sure the days of snapping pics of little dots of light or small dark spots are coming to a close. More and more people are seeing and photographing, or video recording, objects that are a little more than blinking lights in the night sky.....keep looking up and keep a camera on you...someone will be bound to get an excellent close up that just may be indisputable.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Here are links to the full size, untouched photos...enjoy.

Flying sock UFO

and...............

Classic saucer

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:13 PM
link   
1nL1ghtened, thank you for posting these pics.

Basic Image Information:

Camera: Pentax Optio 30
Lens: 17.4mm (35mm film equivalent: 114mm)
Digital Zoom: 4×
(Max aperture f/2.9)
Exposure: Manual exposure, 1/4 sec, f/5, ISO 200, Compensation: +1
Flash: none
Focus: Normal
Date: July 3, 2007 10:03:38PM (timezone not specified)
(2 months, 19 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes, 6 seconds ago, assuming an image timezone of US Pacific)

File: 768 × 1,024 JPEG
269,277 bytes (0.26 megabytes) Image compression: 91%

EXIF

Color Space sRGB
Components Configuration YCbCr
Compressed Bits Per Pixel 5
Compression JPEG (old-style)
Contrast Low
Create Date 2007:07:03 22:03:38
2 months, 19 days, 12 hours, 28 minutes, 6 seconds ago
Custom Rendered Normal
Date/Time Original 2007:07:03 22:03:38
Digital Zoom Ratio 4
Exif Image Size 1,024 × 768
Exif Version 0220
Exposure Compensation +1
Exposure Mode Manual
Exposure Time 1/4
F Number 5.0
Flash Off
Flashpix Version 0100
Focal Length 17.4mm
Focal Length In 35mm Format 114mm
ISO 200
Interoperability Index R98 - DCF basic file (sRGB)
Interoperability Version 0100
Make PENTAX Corporation
Max Aperture Value 2.9
Metering Mode Multi-segment
Camera Model Name PENTAX Optio 30
Modify Date 2007:07:03 22:03:38
Print Image Matching (88 bytes binary data)
Resolution 72 pixels/inch
Saturation Normal
Scene Capture Type Portrait
Sharpness Soft
Software Optio 30 Ver 1.01
Subject Distance Range Distant
Thumbnail Length 1,708
White Balance Auto
Y Cb Cr Positioning Co-sited

Maker notes

AF Point Selected Auto
Auto AF Point Multiple
Contrast Low
Date 2007:07:03
2 months, 20 days, 10 hours, 31 minutes, 44 seconds ago
Digital Zoom 4
Exposure Compensation +1
Exposure Time 1/4
F Number 5.0
Flash Mode Off
Focal Length 17.4mm
Focus Mode Normal
Focus Position 1,057
ISO 200
Image Processing Unprocessed
Metering Mode Multi Segment
Pentax Image Size 1024x768
Pentax Mode Manual
Pentax Model ID Optio 30
Pentax 0x0015 65,535
Pentax 0x0027 %fe%fe%ff%ff
Picture Mode Portrait
Preview Image Length 27,605
Preview Image Size 640x480
Preview Image Start 14,409
Quality Best
Saturation Normal
Sharpness Soft
Time 00:22:03
White Balance Auto

Composite

Aperture 5.0
Circle Of Confusion 0.005 mm
Flash Off
Focal Length 17.4mm (35mm equivalent: 114.0mm)
Hyperfocal Distance 13.20 m
Light Value 5.6
Preview Image (27,605 bytes binary data)
Scale Factor To 35mm Equivalent 6.6
Shutter Speed 1/4
Thumbnail Image (1,708 bytes binary data)

Imho, this object apparently looks to be in movement from top right to bottom left,
as the result of two forces which pushes it from the right and from the top.
at least, its actual shape/trail elongation suggests this:
of course, this may occour even if the object is falling
down due the gravity and there's wind in direction right-left.

Pixel resized/negative image

The object looks to be self illuminated,i've found no clues indicating that its bright
is determined from an external source: the light is undifferentiated on the whole surface.
However, we miss reference points on the ground.

Pixel resized/negative image/embossed

Every clue suggests that it should be a 3-d object irregularly shaped.

I leave to the others the task to suggest what it could be

What i claimed is just my humble opinion.

Did you take other pics that night? Maybe some pic in which
is visible something on the ground? What was the apparent altitude of the object? What was the apparent distance of the object from the camera?
What was its approx. speed? What was its direction?
Could you provide more infos about the sighting? Is the date July 3, 2007 10:03:38PM correct? Could you describe the object's behaviour in flight? Could you describe its flight path? Do you know if other sightings have been reported that day from your area?

Edit to add

.. the second one

[edit on 23/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Did you take other pics that night?

Yes I took three or four others and they turned out out of focus or blurry(streaked).I was travaling home with my family, heading north, down a two lane rural road, flanked by cornfields. I stopped my jeep and propped my elbows on the window opening to snap the photo's. (no tri-pod)

What was the apparent altitude of the object? What was the apparent distance of the object from the camera?

My best guess that it was lower than 37,000 feet (cruising altitude for jet airliners). There were no clouds and it was clear, approx. 10 pm and in early July it wasn't getting dark till then. I would guess it was about 40-70 miles out from my position, in the western sky.

What was its approx. speed? What was its direction?

First object was stationary, but bobbing from top right to lower left at an angle, not from top to bottom or right to left as you would expect. We watched it for about 15 minutes then it took off, going straight back from our position, up and out ( to space?) until it disappeared. (slowly, not lightning fast.) It just kind of faded away.

The second object was different. There is a small, municipal airport in the neighboring town. So, objects or lights coming from that direction, I ALWAYS first assume, are planes of some sort unless, they exhibit flight patterns or maneuvers, that conventional craft do NOT make, then I observe and document. (I try to take a picture and blow it up on my comp, and try and figure out just what it was, taking mental or written notes of the observations)

This object approached from the southwest at a rapid speed. It was glowing and flashing a reddish/orange color. It was flying low (about 5-10,000 feet) and came to and abrupt stop, as did my heart! I ran for my camera in my Jeep and snapped this picture as it resumed flight, due south now, at a very low rate of speed, almost exactly perpendicular to the horizon from the right to the left in the picture shown. Before it resumed flight, it stopped flashing and just glowed brighter, backed up almost like it was thrown in reverse like a car, then moved slowly and quite straight, without flashing to the south.

Do you know if other sightings have been reported that day from your area?

No, unfortunately I do not. I'm not sure even where to check that in my area. It certainly wasn't on the front page of the news paper.

Thank you so much for your analysis of these photo's internos. The exif data and enhancements are very cool and I'm glad you were able to do them. I really don't know what they are... but they are cool to watch!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 06:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1nL1ghtened

My best guess that it was lower than 37,000 feet (cruising altitude for jet airliners). There were no clouds and it was clear, approx. 10 pm and in early July it wasn't getting dark till then. I would guess it was about 40-70 miles out from my position, in the western sky.

First object was stationary, but bobbing from top right to lower left at an angle, not from top to bottom or right to left as you would expect. We watched it for about 15 minutes then it took off, going straight back from our position, up and out ( to space?) until it disappeared. (slowly, not lightning fast.) It just kind of faded away.

Your account about the bobbing looks to be confirmed by the first pic i posted, which suggest a leak movement in direction top-right bottom-left.

I'd like to know your opinion about this: i'm not making comparisons about the origin of the object (they looks totally different), just would like to have an idea about its bobbing. Take a look at the start:

anyway, sadly, we have an unique pic: this unique pic shows an irregular shape, but not conclusively, due the distance:
of course, if i'm correct, your description excludes the hypothesis of a celestial body. I honestly have no idea due to lack of data.
I expect someone else with new ideas.

[edit on 24/9/2007 by internos]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by internos

Too answer your question about the bobbing....it was nothing like the video depicts,(the movement) the video suggests a more random motion, up, down, lleft, right....kind of all over. This object moved (bobbed) in-line, 45 degree angle back and forth like it was on a track, there was NO deviation in the pattern, it just kind of slid back and forth. (see image below)

Im not sure what it was but it came towards us and stopped dead. Slid back and forth along the arrowed lines shown above...almost like a top spinning in a groove. Then it abruptly stopped again and started moving out. It was definitely under intelligent control, be it man made, or otherwise.

I sincerely appreciate your attempts to identify these particular objects, but I posted them more as a show and tell. I knew going into this that it probably will go on unsolved and unidentified, that is the nature of our particular field of interest....judging by the movements of both objects photographed, they were both well within our atmosphere, so I personally (having witnessed them first hand ) would have to lean away from them being celestial bodies.

Great theories and ideas as usual internos. Keep those questions coming, mabey we can discover a common denominator to this enigma...

Edited: for clarity

[edit on 24-9-2007 by 1nL1ghtened]

new topics

top topics

join