It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's Give Burma Monks A Round Of Applause !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by John Percival Hackworth
I would like to express my admiration for these monks, these nuns, and all of their supporters.

I would also like to say how pleased I am to read a story in which, in this era of religious tension around the world, religion is being used for GOOD.

It is good to see peace standing up to this military dictatorship, I ask my heavenly father to bless these monks as they show how love and peace can stand against tryanny.

It is sad that those that have been said to be the Christian leaders in the United States do not have the courage of these monks...

I would guess that is part of the reason for the limited coverage in the US. I can't see the rulling class wanting people to know that peace and love can overthrow a dictatorship.

posted on Sep, 28 2007 @ 03:34 AM
link   
This just in...

(I've always wanted to say that, and this is the only moment of levity here)

After days of mounting protests against Myanmar's military government, there were unconfirmed reports that Than Shwe's family has fled the country on September 27th 2007. A chartered Air Bagan flight carrying eight special passengers landed in Vientiane, Laos, at 6pm (local time). Air Bagan is owned by Than Shwe's right hand business tycoon Tay Za.

It's from Wiki, so I've got my salt handy, but it could be true...

en.wikipedia.org...

BTW, if you want to know how much teh Generals care for Burma and the Burmese, watch this video of Than Shwe's daughter's wedding (her name is Thandar Shwe).

www.youtube.com...

Pay close attention to what is around her throat and boggle at the estimated $50,000,000 worth of wedding gifts the couple received, in a nation with a per capita GDP of $5 a day, 10% unemployent and where the top 10% consume 32.4% of the budget and the bottom 10% account for 2.8% of consumption.

edit: source

[edit on 28-9-2007 by HowlrunnerIV]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 04:11 AM
link   
It now appears that Japanese video journalist Kenji Nagai was deliberately targeted by Burmese soldiers.

video.google.com...

I believe the correct term for that is "murder". Kenji Nagai was the only foreign cameraman in Rangoon at the time of his death. It doesn't take a genius to assume the SPDC thought putting a bullet in him would end all foreign coverage of the crackdown.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

Namo Buddhaya! (Homage to the Buddha!)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join