It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shadow triangle over highway

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 02:10 AM
link   
In '96 my assistant and I were returning from a homecare biomed setup at an area home in Cleveland Ohio. We were 4 miles out from the office traveling east on I480 at around 2 pm when our Ford E350 workvan was slowly overun by a triangular shadow encompassing all eight lanes of highway east and west. It was a perfect October day without a cloud in the sky. I began to feel uneasy and asked my partner to pop his head out and see if he could see anything. He could not. We were doing posted limit of 55 and this shadow, by movement over us and the lanes, was probably doing about 70. It passed and moved on. I have always wondered what this unusual phenomenon was.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 06:39 AM
link   
That's an interesting story, jpm.

I would like to think there are lots of triangular planes, like military ones, however if you could see the shadow clearly, the object must have been flying quite low and I really doubt any aircraft would/could be able to fly above a highway doing 70mph.

I have a few questions though:

Were there any cars behind or in front of you on the highway?
How long the whole situation was (20 seconds, 2 minutes, etc.)?
Could you be more specific about your friend trying to see the object? Was the shadow there but he just couldn't see what was casting it in the sky, like that something was invisible to human eye, etc.?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Hi Dreama,
There was moderate traffic at that time. Vehicles in front and behind. I'd say the entire incident took approximately 45 seconds. Ben my assisstant put the whole window down and stuck his head and neck turning about in seat to look for about 10 seconds. He saw 'nothing', except blue sky and sun. The shadow cast was very complete and massive triangular shape across eight lanes of traffic. E350's ride high and you can see over jersey barriers to see opposite lanes. I tried to notice any expression on neighboring drivers afterwards and I believe I did notice a few quizzical looks upward.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by jpm1602] For spelling

[edit on 23-9-2007 by jpm1602]

new topics

join