It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blackwater denies smuggling weapons to Iraq

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Blackwater denies smuggling weapons to Iraq

news.yahoo.com

WASHINGTON (AFP) - US military contractor Blackwater USA rejected Saturday allegations that it had been shipping unlicensed automatic weapons and military equipment to Iraq.

Blackwater's denial came as the security firm has been embroiled in controversy over a fatal shooting incident in Baghdad last Sunday that resulted in the deaths of 10 people.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 23-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I have always thought Blackwater was connected a corporate mercenary army. I figure they are the muscle to that big black world of things we don't hear about.

This makes me wonder if those weapons they were smuggling in were Iranian? This is a leap but it would be an effective way to implicate Iran.

On the other hand many governments sell weapons to many people and organizations, I believe it is possible weapons either officially or through back channels make it to insurgence, just like russian and american weapons do.

This news article is framed from the point of view of them being innocent, notice very little of the accusations or incidents with the weapons are spoken of. Even the title is them making the denial.

I can't find a story about the accusation they are denying. Where is the info on how weapons were found and such. If anyone has found it please post it below

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join