It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Problem Lodge....

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Firstly, I were the Master of your lodge I would expell you for sharing inner-lodge business in an open internet forum.

Secondly, if what you say is true, Id be glad to be expelled.

posted on Sep, 25 2007 @ 08:15 AM
link   
I'd still like to know what lodge or Grand Lodge jurisdiction this is occurring in. The whole story sounds strange to me.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 09:56 AM
link   
A comment of Grand Lodge regarding this.....
In regards to not taking the obligation to heart & minimizing it's true meaning to mere words, my only comment is, you can only provide the direction you expect all brothers to adhere to. We have no control over their individual actions & words.
Really some lead in their pencils!

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 10:37 AM
link   
so wait, that is a response you got back from the Grand Lodge? Im confused

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Lodge Problem...

Anyone else notice, or at least take note?
The way the first post was written, but not of what it spoke.

Perhaps those unititiated with symbolism overlooked the pattern of the text in the opening post. As you can see, the responses from HD are a much more casual writing style.

I am not a Mason, but as a trained graphic designer, and amateur sleuth, I saw the strange way that HD formatted his text, not in paragraphs, but more like sonnets. I think that HD may not be 'asking' for help so much, but 'speaking' directly to a specific, Masonic audience. I highly doubt that he would share his secrets here, in a google searchable open forum. If in fact HD is a real Mason, this is written in code, and a whole Barrel of Monkeys means something a lot less fun, or funny. Otherwise, couldn't HD be in more trouble than the "Monkeys" himself for sharing secrets?

Just my .02
DocMoreau

PS... had to add... I am no expert, and don't really care if you flame me because I no nothing of Masonic Lore of Yore... Thats the point right, non-Masons wondering and guessing...

[edit on 26/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Otherwise, couldn't HD be in more trouble than the "Monkeys" himself for sharing secrets?

He never shared any secrets, he just mentioned that the officers of a Lodge were acting like morons, and what could be done about it?

I have no idea whether he is actually a Mason, and whether his story is true or satire.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Masonic Light

True, he did not 'revel' any secrets as to rituals (which I am sure certain members were drooling over, hoping), but he made remarks as to being known in three states, and that combined with the 'monkey antics' could leak who he is, what lodge he is from, and therefore what members of that lodge are monkeying around.

Personally, I think it is an absurd tale that is directed at a specific person or audience. The opening post is 'crafted', that is the best discription. I also think that he is trying to 'defame' Masonry, and is not a Mason. Or, he could be just screwing around, disinformationing his way around the board garthering attention.

When I read the title the first time I was hoping for a 'Animal House' style Masonic Lodge getting to rowdy. Once I was reading the thread I was hoping for Monkey Knife Fights. I got neither...

DocMoreau

[edit on 26/9/2007 by DocMoreau]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocMoreau
Personally, I think it is an absurd tale that is directed at a specific person or audience. The opening post is 'crafted', that is the best discription. I also think that he is trying to 'defame' Masonry, and is not a Mason. Or, he could be just screwing around, disinformationing his way around the board garthering attention.

When I read the title the first time I was hoping for a 'Animal House' style Masonic Lodge getting to rowdy. Once I was reading the thread I was hoping for Monkey Knife Fights. I got neither...

and as you stated yourself, you are not a mason anyways - so it was all speculation from the start, regardless. Furthermore, your opinion on the matter doesn't really carry any weight, again since you are simply forming your opinions on an assumption.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 06:53 PM
link   
reply to post by HDFACTORYCERTIF

I've got to say I'm not so impressed with the Masons. My grandfather was a 32 and a Knights Templar( Level?), all three of my Uncles were (are) Masons. I applied to the Masons- Small problem I'm female. For a society to have such get philosophy but only allow one gender is ridiculous. That alone nullies any great aspirations as a free and equal society. I considered it my lypmase test ( i ran another to evaluate the sincereity of the Co- Masons to help those seeking enlightenment) - Both failed . They talk the talk, but can't walk the walk. They are not an association I am any longer interested in pursueing. I donated my $75.00 application fee to the order. I'm hoping it does more than buy the meat for some lodge party. I did it just as a token for my ancestory. If this was a group to be admired or feared - it is no longer worth the effort for us to care.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 08:47 PM
link   
So where you headed to now Purple Girl? You seem so distraught with the Masons and Co Masons, have you given up on it all together? I personally never new anything at all about the Masons until just a few years ago and am still a bit uncertain about what I know about them now. Say you just donated the Co Masons 75 bucks and never went back huh? Thats strange you didn't even get your first degree?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:32 AM
link   
im amazed they even took your money, if they knew you were female. This sounds very strange.... I mean, it's not a secret that Masons do not allow women (easter star does).

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:44 AM
link   
He dropped a phrase to show some knowledge.

Just a guess, but if everyone starts just acting like monkeys at the same time, sounds like it could be being triggered. You might want to look and see if you got a guy practicing the dark arts. Hypnosis. They might be firing on a trigger that convinced them it was a cool thing to do.

As far as solving the problem, and finances, well that's what ya get for embracing secrecy.

I could imagine a scenario where you could get a few people under, clear the rest and start the old brain egg beater spinning away.

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by scientist
im amazed they even took your money, if they knew you were female. This sounds very strange.... I mean, it's not a secret that Masons do not allow women (easter star does).

She petitioned the Co-Masons. This is an organization that admits both men and women. They are not recognized as "legitimate" by traditional Masonry.

Purple Girl said in another thread that she was contacted by the Co-Masons, and told them that she had an anonymous "pesky habit". The Co-Masons advised her that she would have to stop this "habit" in order to be admitted among them. She refused, so she was denied admission until she did.

Purple Girl then stated that the Co-Masons failed her "lypmase test" (I think she meant "litmus"). I suggested, however, that it was she who failed the *Co-Masons* litmus test. After all, she approached the Co-Masons seeking initiation, not the other way around. The Co-Masons were honest and upront that this "habit", whatever it is, would bar her from initiation. Purple Girl chose to continue the habit instead. Since her "habit" takes a higher priority than initiation, I think the Co-Masons made the right decision. The purpose of initiation is to transform the Candidate, not for the Candidate to try and transform the initiating institution.

[edit on 27-9-2007 by Masonic Light]

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
You might want to look and see if you got a guy practicing the dark arts.

Our Treasurer speaks French. Does that count?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Request the grand deputies visit more often. In my mother lodge they came at least once or twice a month to oversee things. It was good to keep people on their feet.

Location, Location, Location
Holds true for many things doesn't it?

posted on Sep, 27 2007 @ 03:42 PM
link   
ah, co-masonry. makes more sense now. so does this entire thread, thanks for the clarification.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Masonic Light
Our Treasurer speaks French. Does that count?

That would depend if when he was younger he played the violen a few days of the year

[edit on 29-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:53 AM
link   
When Grand lodge officers are present the lodge will snap to it. This particular lodge hates Grand Lodge.
What bothers me the most is, these blue lodge officers stated, the obligations are just words. If that is the case, then Masonry is nothing, or nothing there.
There is nothing bad in the obligations, just common sense on how to be a decent human.
Since these officers do not believe in the obligations, their conduct outside of lodge is well known in the community, resulting in a TERRIBLE reputation.
My friend and I decided to walk out of this lodge, that is, we will not go back there.
The replies have been interesting, I would like to see how others feel about the obligations, if they are just words.
If I ever again hear a voice from the East " Are you a Monkey Mason?" my reply will be,"I am not!" and I will quickly exit West.

posted on Sep, 29 2007 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Update..... Today we were invited to another lodge, very nice to be wanted somewhere.

posted on Sep, 30 2007 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Elaborate on your view of the East West divide if you would. I would be curious to hear it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join