It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israelis Seized Nuclear Material in Syrian Raid

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Well, there is one thing that intrigues me. They say some kind of military base was destroyed, and nuclear material was in it. Well, if such base was destroyed, it is VERY likely that would cause significant rise of radiation in the area. It would be nearly impossible to 'hide' it. That is the evidence I'd like to see.

At this moment, I can't find a single reason to believe this story matches the reality. All this hype originates from a single newspaper article.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 04:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Duby78

The Syrian Ambassador to the UN said nothing was destroyed in an interview with Newsweek (link on page 2).

And yes, this all generated from a single news article citing "well-informed sources". Fishy isn't it?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 05:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

The more phrases such as 'highly credible source' or 'well-informed sources', or anything alike I read, the less I believe the article and the author. Such phrases are often used in journalism to make the story 'look hot', when in fact the author has very little real info or no real info at all. Just some rumors and speculations.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duby78
At this moment, I can't find a single reason to believe this story matches the reality. All this hype originates from a single newspaper article.

Good point, I think most of us feel the same but nonetheless this story is still being spread worldwide, UPI is the latest to use the times story for their piece:

Israeli attack on Syria had U.S. blessing

JERUSALEM, Sept. 23 (UPI) -- Israel's attack against a Syrian military base was launched with White House approval, The Sunday Times of London reported.

The same is happening with the snippet from the Newsweek article that Cheney was mulling over the idea to let Israel attack the nuclear plant in Iran. That was also based on unnamed sources but has spread to reuters, wash post etc.

Two stories with serious consequences if true, but spread willingly by agencies of the media that would appear to have integrity. In this case they are exhibiting characteristics of tabloid journalism. That is the hardest part for me to come to grips with. Another good option was mentioned and referred to the Cuban missile crisis deal when the US produced evidence at a UN meeting.

So maybe we will get some clarity when the meetings start in New York this week.

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by 4thDoctorWhoFan
Well we agree that the middle east is a complicated and confusing mess.
I might add that most of the mess has nothing to do with the USA. Hell, that mess was happening way before there was even a USA.

True it was a mess long before western governments created the state of Isreal also. Of coarse while Isreal allowed migration of jews into their country, Islamic countries refused to help Palistinians. Basically they felt if they absorbed them into their population or helped them they would be legitamizing and helping Isreal claim of territory. The suffering of their own people gave them a recruiting, and media gold mine they did not want to lose.

It was also a mess back during the partitioning after WW1 and end or western colinization.

It was also a mess as the crusades ran in and out taking and losing territory.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Except for the fact that Ahmedudoofus of Iran said he would annihilate Israel. You have to take these lunatics at their word.

Are you taking them at their word, or are you taking the word of the American translations of those comments. I forget the year, but Iran offered to recognize Isreal and give up all nuke ambitions if the US would end sanctions and normalize relations. Bush flat turned down the offer. I can source this if you want.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:37 AM
link   
I remember when North Korea and South Korea were having cordial talks, talks that it was said could lead to eventual re-unification of Korea.

And then Bush made that "Axis of Evil" speech, which made North Korea withdraw into itself and become defensive.

After all, the US already has China and Japan as economic rivals, it could not be having a united Korea as an economic rival too, could it?

Fast forward to present. North Korea has announced it is giving up it's nuclear programme.

But now, just as North Korea might be accepted widely by the international community, and NeoCons whinge how North Korea is a bogeymen, it is conveniantly claimed North Korea are giving nuclear stuff to Syria.

If Israel did bomb Syrian nuclear material, then why is Israel not shouting about it more with the usual "WE LIVE UNDER THREAT!!" ranting and has instead imposed a media blackout on Israeli media?

It seems to me Israel attacked Syria, and Israel's supporters in the media have made this story of Syrian nuclear materials to justify Israel bombing Syria, a story just pervasive enough, but not loud and official enough, so that not too many people ask for that inconvinient thing:

Proof.

In run-up to this attack on Syria, the Israelis may well have beforehand knew a Syrian official was going to North Korea.

Make up a story about Syrian-North Korean nuclear proliferation being the cause of the Israeli bombing of Syria, and bam, a scare story just as the Syrian official arrives in Pyongyang for people to swallow and believe.

If Syria does have nukes or wants them, then it is because of having a neighbour that attacks and wages wanton destruction on it's neighbouring nations, a neighbour to Syria that is not brought to account by the international community for these crimes, a neighbour that itself is armed and supported by a superpower that attacks and wages wanton destruction on other nations and is not brought to account by the international community.

Indeed, if Syria does have nukes, than it can be said that Israel attacking Syria only justifies Syria's desires to acquire them and not to be stepped on by it's war-waging neighbour.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Regensturm]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Except for the fact that Ahmedudoofus of Iran said he would annihilate Israel. You have to take these lunatics at their word.

why is he a lunatic again? examples of his lunacy would be nice...and usually you don't take crazy people at their word...i'm just saying.

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Freakaloin]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by 4thDoctorWhoFan

Deny Ignorance and learn

Imam ghoft een rezhim-e ishghalgar-e qods bayad az safheh-ye ruzgar mahv shavad.

is the EXACT words he said in farsi which when translated are:

"The Imam said this regime occupying Jerusalem must vanish from the page of time".

Word by word translation:

Imam (Khomeini) ghoft (said) een (this) rezhim-e (regime) ishghalgar-e (occupying) qods (Jerusalem) bayad (must) az safheh-ye ruzgar (from page of time) mahv shavad (vanish from).

IN No place did he say ` israel` `wipe off` or even `map (which btw is nagsheh is farsi)

he is quoting Ayatollah Khomeini and as usual you, like the rest of the western press have taken the comment out of context - it was said at a summit about a world without zionism.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 08:45 AM
link   
didn't he mean "calander of time"?

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 09:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freakaloin

why is he a lunatic again? examples of his lunacy would be nice...and usually you don't take crazy people at their word...i'm just saying.

I posted earlier, I heard the news call him crazy 4 times in a few minutes, Maybe the poster watches alot of news and the image creation for this Iranian president has imprinted on his mind. Chalk one up for Fox News and terror.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   
This is so much like the movie The Good the Bad and the Ugly, I think I will stick with Israel "Clint Eastwood" on this one..

Sys

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Sys_Config]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by KINGOFPAIN

Originally posted by NuclearPaul
Well, either they did seize nuclear materials, which will surely lead to war, or it's a setup for another WMD scenario, which will surely lead to war.

the only outcome ... and i'm sure it's the outcome bush want's.

people need to keep their butts in their own country.

So your military strategy is to fight a defensive war of attrition, against nuclear armed foes? I find it unfathomable that the criticism in this situation is of Israel and Bush. "How dare you find and destroy illegal nuclear materiel shipments/weapons facilities- mind your own business until you get attacked." Syria, Iran, North Korea, etc.. get free rides due to the hatred of Bush/Israel amongst some folks around here. Somewhat myopic IMHO.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:22 PM
link   
there is no reason to fight a middle east war at all...none of the countries really pose a threat...unless you believe the propaganda. or unless it's all about oil and pilfering...

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 03:29 PM
link   

there is no reason to fight a middle east war at all...none of the countries really pose a threat...unless you believe the propaganda. or unless it's all about oil and pilfering...

Oil makes the world go 'round. If lunatics are in charge of resources like this, they can create untold havoc. It's not about oil profiteering. It's about stable access to oil, which is what the threat is(that and flying airplanes into buildings, bombings, kidnappings, etc..). I'd love nothing more than for alternative energy sources to become viable, so that entire region of the world becomes insignificant, and they no longer have any infuence in world affairs/global economies.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:47 PM
link   

why is he a lunatic again? examples of his lunacy would be nice

1) He said there are no gay people in Iran.
2) He said that woman in Iran have right like in the USA.
3) He believes the holocaust did not happen.
4) He did not answer the question about whether Israel should be destroyed. Hmm.....wonder why?

Nuff said!!

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redge777
I posted earlier, I heard the news call him crazy 4 times in a few minutes, Maybe the poster watches alot of news and the image creation for this Iranian president has imprinted on his mind. Chalk one up for Fox News and terror.

Perhaps it is because he IS a lunatic! See my previous post.
Stop denying the facts.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   

1) He said there are no gay people in Iran.
2) He said that woman in Iran have right like in the USA.
3) He believes the holocaust did not happen.
4) He did not answer the question about whether Israel should be destroyed. Hmm.....wonder why?

Nuff said!!

1.you said he was a lunatic before he even said that...and he was just avoiding answering the question so as not to piss off his base...see american politics
2. lol thats craaaaazy!
3. no he doesn't...never said that.
4. again you said he was a lunatic before today...and he never said he wanted to wipe israel off the map.

so basically your are just a iranian troll boy...nuff said

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:05 PM
link   
People, the topic is Israelis Seized Nuclear Material in Syrian Raid. Stop trolling and stop feeding the trolls.

On topic, this just in:

Syria: Report on commando unit operation fabricated

Syrian Information Minister Muhsin Bilal has denied the reports that an elite IDF commando unit seized nuclear material of North Korean origin during a daring raid on a secret military site in Syria before the reported IAF overflight this month.

"These reports are not true. This is a baseless fabrication like the ones that have been spread against Iraq," Bilal said in an interview with the London-based Arabic-language newspaper al-Sharq al-Awsat published Monday.

Bilal added that "the Syrian response will come when the time is right. We are following the situation closely. We have no trust in the enemy, and we are aware of the fact that it has expansion plans.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

More Links:

Syrians deny report of nuclear link with North Korea
Syria: Israeli Commando Raid Denied

Edit: fixed BBcode

[edit on 24-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

I don't know too much about this source but I know I don't like the term well-placed sources..

The article also stated that North Koreans were killed in the strike, I thought that there were no casualties.

This story doesn't feel right. I will let you read for yourself.

I am trying to find other sources and will update this when and if I find some.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

sometimes stories coming at different angles sure can mess with you, its a good way to keep us all misinformed and busy searching for real answers while in reality not getting a clear answer.

its sad to say we kinda have to wait for something big to happen to maybe unreel the truth

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join