It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rising Seas likely to flood US History

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Rising Seas likely to flood US History

news.yahoo.com

Ultimately, rising seas will likely swamp the first American settlement in Jamestown, Va., as well as the Florida launch pad that sent the first American into orbit, many climate scientists are predicting.

In about a century, some of the places that make America what it is may be slowly erased.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:39 PM
link   
More people need to know the major impact global warming has and will continue to have on our planet. I wonder if co2 emissions are the real cause though.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

CO2 isn't the only cause. I'm not even sure if it's a major cause. Too many people skim over the fact that water vapour is far more effective at heating things up. Haven't you noticed how warm the nights are if there is cloud cover?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I don't think I ever noticed that. I'll have to pay closer attention to the weather related to temperature.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Human co2 is only 0.004% of all co2.

Global warming has nothing to do with man.

Look at history.......900AD to 1200AD they was little or no winter. The vikings were able to raid, not having to gather food.

Grapes were grown in northern england.

Greenland was GREEN.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by deesul69

does nature count?
because Animals give of co2 aswell mostly cows and other farm animals
and so on.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster

Greenland was GREEN.

You better brush up on history. The name wasn't given because it was green. It was called that because the Viking settlers hoped it would attract people. They experienced first hand how naming a place Iceland was bad PR.

But don't take my word for it. Ask a Scandinavian.

apc

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:54 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure the dinosaurs belched way more CO2 into the air than a bunch of bovine ever could.

Here in Missouri I find plenty of fossilized seashells and whatnot. The water has been this high before... it will be this high again. Waah.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by astmonster
Human co2 is only 0.004% of all co2.

30% of residual atmospheric concentrations are from anthropogenic sources. Claims to the contrary simply discredit us sceptics ...

Global warming has nothing to do with man.

Maybe not. But the science says it is. Ad there are other anthropogenic impact on climate which are incontrovertible

Look at history.......900AD to 1200AD they was little or no winter. The vikings were able to raid, not having to gather food.

If they didn't need food, the vikings wouldn't have need to raid .... there is evidence summers were warmer though.

Grapes were grown in northern england.

As they can be today

Greenland was GREEN.

As much as it is today. Beachcoma has explained the origin of the name.

new topics

top topics

join