It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

!!!Couple that Witnessed Levee Being Blown In Lower 9th ward During Hurricane Katrina!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:15 PM
link   
www.livevideo.com...

how do you embed the video?

Anyway, these 2 old people came forward and said that they were witnesses to the levee Being blown in lower 9th Ward During Hurricane katrina agree to more... interview/Polygraph. This is the 1st eye witness account ever, and OH MY GOD, i cant believe what happened there in the super dome. Its horrible..

But i dunno, it seems like they are not that reliable, but still...

[edit on 22-9-2007 by ATSGUY]

[edit on 22-9-2007 by ATSGUY]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:32 PM
link   
You are probably one of the same people that believe the government was involved in 9/11. This kind of thought is insane and dangerous and based on your hatred of Bush. The responsibility clearly lies with the Army Corp of Engineers and the mayor. So stop your silliness.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by Mutantalien1947]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947
You are probably one of the same people that believe the government was involved in 9/11. This kind of thought is insane and dangerous and based on your hatred of Bush. The responsibility clearly lies with the Army Corp of Engineers and the mayor. So stop your silliness.

Do you realize where you are posting? This is a conspiracy board so what he is saying has no sillyness in it at all.

I believe in 9/11, and I also believe that the levees were blown but other than eyewitnesses their is not enough concrete evidence to prosecute this adminstration for the injustices they have done.

I suggest you change your opinion or go to another conservative board where people do believe in the "almighty" bush administration and that you should always trust your goverment.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 05:39 PM
link   
OP could you fix your link it is not working. Thanks

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I don't believe that the levees were blown up. I don't see what the use would be to do that. The damage that was caused when the levees broke was huge, and there is no good reason to have done this.

The corps of engineers has done studies since the hurricane, and has determined that the structural integrity of the levees that remained intact is questionable. They don't know how the broken levees lasted as long as they did. The bottom line is that when you have a levee system built as poorly as those are, then you add the amount of water that was pressed against them, you are going to have a catastrophic result.

And I have never seen a wall of water crashing through a levee before, but I imagine that it would look something like an explosion.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:37 PM
link   
no good reason??? how about population relocation. duhhhh..

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mutantalien1947

You are probably one of the same people who believe the Government to be the "Upsanding Body" that would never do anything against thier citizens. This kind of thought is insane and dangerous and based on your Liking of Bush.

WAKE UP!!! The Government is screwing us every way they can come up with. If you cant see that you have some pretty heavy blinders on!!

Now don't get me wrong a couple claiming to have seen the levees blown up isnt quite convincing.

[edit on 9-12-2007 by ATruGod]

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Motive Why blow the levys?

Population reduction is not quite so acurate as killing poor black people. That is more accurate. I have never and would never live in new orleans but my family rolls on the river so you can bet I have been there a time or two. Very Black very poor. And majority of the people that suffered were the poorest who now are not only evicted but all thier land is now ripe for corperate takeovers pennies on the dollar.

The motive is always money.

As a bonus Full scale martial law was tested out. Guns seized, Curfews enacted, innocents murded by the cops, every good ol boy covering every other good ol boys ass.

The best way to determine if the levys were blown is to use google to learn a bit about how earth levys are made, why and MORE IMPORTANTLY HOW they fail.

posted on Dec, 9 2007 @ 09:58 PM
link   
threads with this sort of non sence make me want to get a dog named leevy so i can kick it every time it rains.

look if something is man made its bound for failure at some point in time or another. katrina was not the first time a leevy broke and caused a flood and its not gonna be the last. those hills were built long before bush was in office they were built long before his father was in office. get over it. bad stuff happens every day that our government has nothing to do with.

now we need a tidal wave fourm oh i know we need one for car wrecks and cancer oh we cant leave out heart failure. i wonder how many people bush has killed with those. man oh man, wow.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Do people think HAARP caused the hurricane? I think that these people just saw a levee bust full of water..

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 03:06 AM
link   
Do you guys really think that Federal Agents and New Orleans Police Dept. were shooting at each other at one of the failed levys for nothing? The story got buried as quickly as it broke but it was all over the news for about an hour, then of course Nagin's creepy quote about if anything happened to him it was the CIA. Why was FEMA turning away relief efforts like the Red Cross? Why was Black Water there? Lots of people heard explosions and concrete pulled out of the mess later showed evidence of being burned. Why were people not being allowed to leave the city on thier own? All of this was on the news, but we were so taken by the scale of the disaster I think we missed alot of the creepy things that were going on.

posted on Dec, 31 2007 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It wasn't about necessarily killing poor, or black people, but rather to save the wealthy neighbourhoods by diverting the flood water to the poorer neighbourhoods.

This sort of thing is a symptom of the disease of capitalism...

Symptoms...

Wealth and property becomes more important to you than people.
You suppress inventions that could benefit us but make no money for you.
You invade countries and kill or main thousands of innocents.
You keep your population conditioned to continually consume beyond all their needs, and means.
You continually cut benefits to the poverty classes while giving more tax cuts to corporations.

If you have any of these symptoms you might have capitalism...

Under capitalism if you don't create capital you are expendable.

[edit on 31/12/2007 by ANOK]

posted on Jan, 9 2008 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i am responding to the very first few posts... i was just down in New Orleans... stayed at a Camp in St. Bernard Parish... did habitat work in the lower 9th Ward.. even after 2 and a half years it was real bad..America is better than what i saw.. they need help.. the city of course is fixed, certain neighborhoods better than some.. but nothing was the same...the experience was truly an eye opening experience... i talked to many local people.. all having different views and experiences... one man in particular.. who lived and live in St. Bernard's Parish.. right within sight of the levy, saw the levy break.. he had multiple videos and pictures sent and taken by various people who went through the hurricane and levy break... the levy did in fact break.. i saw it on video.. many times... and a response to whether or not HAARP caused the hurricane.. i watched a video explaining the uses and effects of it all... i dont believe it had to do with Katrine.. the piling causes of Katrina began long ago... when engineers in southern Louisiana decided to control the annual and natural floods with walls, levies, controlled currents and canals... these greatly increased the power of Katrina's wind and water damage... over a hundred square miles of swamp and wetlands had dissipated because of these unnatural restraints on natures way... for every 3 miles of wetlands or swamp the high waves of Katrina were cut by a foot... if these lands had still existed, who knows if we'd be talking about the hurricane still...also the dry and high winds from the dessert and ocean along Africa mixed with the conditions on the Gulf and surrounding ocean screamed a disaster...so these mixing of conditions is hard to say how/why/when it all began but some of it doesn't seem natural.. it is difficult to pin point these causes but the were without a doubt, there.. also another engineering decision that greatly effected the monstrosity of Katrina was the Canal built going into the Gulf.. this canal was built straight.. and for one reason.. the straight canal, consisting of about 73 miles, was built so to allow for the spacecraft and shuttles of NASA to be shipped directly down South to site.. it was a great idea.. right?.. well because it was straight there was nothing to stop or slow the hurling waters from the Gulf.. if it was built zig-zaggin it would of been i think around 153 miles of curved canal...this would have greatly slowed down the waves and incoming water..also erosion played a huge role... because of the construction of walls and such mentioned earlier, the natural floods could not occur... these floods brought highly fertile soil into farms and the wetlands of Louisiana.. it did have a good outcome.. but because they were stopped the rich soil was continually washing away.. hurting the land and soil itself, but also greatly contributing to erosion.. instead of the soil being placed in Louisiana it was washed out into the ocean.. this erosion hurt the wetlands, ruin trees and natural habitats that had existed long before humans we here, and the natural hurricane retard was maimed- the wetlands and swamps... all of these factors played a huge role in the cause of Katrina but also intensified its destruction, allowing it to further protrude the South.. and the levy did in fact break, the lower 9th and surrounding parishes were filled with 2-25 feet of water, and at the levy the water reached heights of 50-75 feet.. its hard to talk about something that you haven't seen, heard different views and experiences, or been to... first hand accounts or hearings of these 1st hand accounts are simply the best.. the news filters, often hides, hunt and pecks what will be said... not to hate on them because they have time restrictions and cant hit everything down there... but Katrina defiantly did

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

Not all the levees were earth levees:
Article

On 10 March, the corps released an interim report saying the levee split in two when its steel-supported concrete walls tilted. That, and a weak layer of clay in the soil near the edge of the levee, caused a 60-metre-long portion of the barrier to slide forward and break away.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Feb, 18 2008 @ 10:53 PM
link   
I can't believe I'am repling to this> I need to have my head examined.
There was a sientist who has a Missippi River model which can show river flows and can turn years into months. Himself & several others were alarming the local goverements long befor Katrina[ I believe I saw this on 60 Minets or a similar show] that the leve's wouldn't hold against a class 3 hurricane, THe brunt of the Hurricane hit in Long Beach Missippi. It's the storm surrge and flooding that hit New Orleans.
It's been reported that Millions have been spent on the leve's over the years. When I took a truck load of relief goods after Katrina and talked to the local people I heard a great deal of things, If 1/4 is true we have no idea of the corruption in local politics.
What we should be asking is why wasn't the money spent on making the Leve's modern & whose pocketts were the money going into.
+ why would any one want to live below sea level poor or rich.
Doesn't make much sence.

posted on Mar, 12 2008 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Greg Palast's 'Big Easy to Big Empty' is a real eyeopener:

The shocking details of what actually caused the city of New Orleans to flood so severely and lose over 80% of its buildings

video.google.com...

Complete version in 3 parts:
freedocumentaries.org...

Gregory Palast (born 1952[1]) is a New York Times-bestselling author[2] and a journalist for the British Broadcasting Corporation[3] as well as the British newspaper The Observer.[4] His work frequently focuses on corporate malfeasance but has also been known to work with labor unions and consumer advocacy groups. Notably, he has claimed to have uncovered evidence that Florida Governor Jeb Bush, Florida Secretary of State Katherine Harris, and Florida Elections Unit Chief Clay Roberts, along with the ChoicePoint corporation, rigged the ballots during the US Presidential Election of 2000 and again in 2004 when, he argued, the problems and machinations from 2000 continued, and that challenger John Kerry actually would have won if not for disproportional "spoilage" of Democratic votes.[5]

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 09:32 AM
link   
its based on factual evidence you moron. i guess you think building 7 was hit with a plane. i guess you think larry silverstein didnt say to "pull it" on the America Rebuilds documentary. Are you even familiar with the Operation Northwoods documents? if not, read them and then tell me government sponsored terror isnt real. it outlines false flag staged attacks and how they plan to plant provocateurs to attack guantanamo etc etc etc but youll be too closed minded and brainwashed to check this information out. go watch tv

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 01:38 PM
link   
"Call him the Larry Silverstein of New Orleans."

online.wsj.com...

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by dontdarejudgeme

You may have had something very valuable that needed to be read but please break your post up into paragraphs.

I tried to read it but my eyes started to play tricks on me about 1/4 of the way thru and I had to give up.

I won't judge you on moral or intellectual grounds but your writing style sucks.

posted on Dec, 25 2008 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by twitchy

Blackwater was in NOLA for 2 reasons:

They were contracted to provide security details for FEMA, and other government facilities.

They were also hired by the wealthier people in New Orleans to protect the private property of citizens from looters, and corrupt police officers under the employ of NOPD.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join