It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran Shows Off New Missile, Taunts Israel

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   

www.afp.com

TEHRAN (AFP) — Iran on Saturday showed off a longer-range missile in public for the first time and proclaimed a string of anti-Israel slogans, in a military parade held amid warnings of conflict with the West.

The missile -- labelled Ghadr-1 (Power) -- was said to be in development by Western experts, but its appearance at the annual military parade to mark the start of Iran's 1980-1988 war with Iraq was its first public showing.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
ap.google.com
www.iol.co.za
euronews.net

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Iran threatens missile attacks on US targets
Iran Shows Off New Fighter Jet

[edit on 23-9-2007 by UM_Gazz]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Iran's chest pounding continues, days after announcing that their new fighter jet had entered service, the newest long range missile was displayed in a military parade where many of the vehicles had anti-US and anti-Israeli slogans.

afp.google.com

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:31 AM
link   
This seems to be related, so I'll post it here instead of spamming the boards with more Iran-related threads.

Ahmadinejad warns against attack

Iran's President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has issued a tough warning to any country considering an attack on Iran.

He said Iran's forces were just for defence, but that anybody who attacked would experience nothing but regret.

He urged those he called the occupiers in the region - an apparent reference to the US and its allies in Iraq - to admit defeat and withdraw their troops.

Mr Ahmadinejad was speaking at a huge annual military parade marking the anniversary of the Iran-Iraq War.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

And for those of you who have problems clicking on news links (
), here are some highlights from the posted source:

"Those who prevented Iran, at the height of the [1980-88 Iran-Iraq] war from getting even barbed wire must see now that all the equipment on display today has been built by the mighty hands and brains of experts at Iran's armed forces," Mr Ahmadinejad said.

"Learn lessons from your past mistakes. Don't repeat your mistakes," he added.

[...]

"Those [countries] who assume that decaying methods such as psychological war, political propaganda and the so-called economic sanctions would work and prevent Iran's fast drive toward progress are mistaken," the president said.

Just to keep things balanced and in perspective.

Edit: bbcode

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Beachcoma]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:32 AM
link   
and Israel has threatened to wipe an ally of Iran (syria) off the face of the earth.

WW3 is coming

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:37 AM
link   

General Jaafari admitted that the Islamic republic would need to outsmart its enemies using means other than technology.

So what are they planning to do, challenge us to a game of chess?

They look completely ridiculous parading their missles through the streets with anti Israel/U.S. banners. They're like little kids with cap guns trying to intimidate a fleet of Abrams', who do they really think they're impressing?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Agreed. This is just today's " WWIII Preview of the day" that we seem to get every day. Iran's president is doing what Hitler did before his attempt to conquer Europe: Buliding up his army, step by step, every day, assuring Europe they were in no danger, and one morning- They invade Austria. I am sure within the next 2 years the middle east will be thrown into all out war in which Iran will try to conquer the region, and you know that the U.S., Russia, and the EU will all be involved somehow.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by fweshcawfee

The scared people in the streets of Iran? I'm sure the common people are nervous with all the posturing done by the US and allies in this round of "hate-week". This was probably done for a local morale boost, more than anything. Doubtful the leadership really believes that America would be scared of their technology.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Harlequin

Israel NEVER said those word, please, if you are trying to quote, use the correct words.

Please allow me to assist you in this matter, her is the "actual" words said:
LINK to the Truth!!!

"We will not attack them first. But if they ever use these weapons against Israel, then we must be clear — it will be the end of this evil and brutal dictatorship,"

[edit on 9/22/2007 by mrmonsoon]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Beachcoma

I doubt the Iranians' morale has really been very boosted at all, so it's a wasted effort... Maybe ten years ago these types of parades would have made them all shout about how invincible Islamic nations are, but that's hardly the case today.

Despite all the ignorant anti-U.S. propaganda in the news, the Iranians as well as other middle eastern nations surely remember how easily that their neighbor's military was annihalated and it's government overthrown, so no amount of missles parading through their streets is going to make them feel very confident again. I'm sure they're intelligent enough to realize how vulnerable they are, despite any amount of boldness portrayed by their leadership.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 10:39 AM
link   

It's still better than nothing, in my opinion. If they didn't do anything, it would portray the leadership to be weak and such. Now at least the ignorant in that country will get a slight morale boost, maybe.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think we should thank Iran for showing off this new missile during a parade. I am sure the US followed this missile back to its staging/r&d area and possibly found out where more of them are located. Talk about being stupid.

So now that the US has a few more possible targets to add to the list what will Iran do next to help the conflict come to an end if it ever kicks off?

I think some of you didn't think of this possible bit of intel coming from such an overt source, but letting your ego get the best of you can lead to information that you really don't want your enemies to know. Thank you Iran.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Israel claimed that Iran was developing such a weapon 10 years ago. Iran denied it

December 1996 news reports claimed that Iran is developing a 3,500-mile (5,632 kilometers) range missile called Shahab-6 that would be capable of reaching Europe

Quoting from the Oct. 1, 1998, The Washington Times, "Israeli, Prime Minister Mr. Benjamin Netanyahu said, "Iran is developing the Shahab-4 which can reach well into Europe, and the Shahab-5 and 6, which (will have the capacity) to reach the Eastern Sea board (of the United States)"

IRAN'S BALLISTIC MISSILE AND WEAPONS OF MASS DESTRUCTION PROGRAMS Repot... **Great Read**
www.fas.org...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mrmonsoon

oh but please allow me the pleasure of linking the THREAD with that title

www.abovetopsecret.com...

see how things can be misrepresented easily.

Just like Iran never said it would wipe israel from the map...

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyJo

That was an excellent link to that report on the Iranian missile program, quite lengthy but definitely worth the read.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
We should listen to the rantings of a lunatic. This man is just a chest pounder, a bully. He has no idea because he had his head in the sand when we destroyed Iraq. I have been to Iran, during the time of the Shaw, and they are very inadequate in tech. If it weren't for us they wouldn't even have a air force. Which they really don't. One Air Craft Carrier could wipe out their air force and destroy all their communications in one day. Why do some of you take everything a fool says and repeat it at the top of your lungs? It just makes you a bigger fool. They need to be hit. They need to have their legs nocked out from under them. We should've took out their communications and electric plants during their parade. How funny and necessary that would've been. Too H#@@ with Iran. They are nothing but trouble and Israel will probably take them out for us.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:13 PM
link   

You must realize though that the Iranian military is not the Iraqi military. The two countries are very different, and assuming one will fall like the other is a foolish mistake.

reply to post by warlock3638

They need to be hit? This preemptive fever that the US has caught is so very dangerous. Speaking of a chest-pounding bully, have you taken the time to turn around and take a long, hard look at your own country?

[edit on 22/9/2007 by Thousand]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

afp.google.com

TEHRAN (AFP) — Iran on Saturday showed off a longer-range missile in public for the first time and proclaimed a string of anti-Israel slogans, in a military parade held amid warnings of conflict with the West.

I find it strange that the bolded text DOES NOT APPEAR in the article linked.
What's going on here?

[edit on 22-9-2007 by BitRaiser]

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by BitRaiser

Originally posted by JacKatMtn

afp.google.com

I find it strange that the bolded text DOES NOT APPEAR in the article linked.
What's going on here?

[edit on 22-9-2007 by BitRaiser]

these pro-israeli warmongers are making propangda on ATS

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:16 AM
link   
I have read the Mullahs really want a cataclysmic meltdown so that Mabus will appear and lead them to victory. Their behaviour is such I wonder.
Question. Is Russia and China going to have their people prostrate themselves eastward five times a day and memorize the Koran? Will they be next on the infidel hit list?

posted on Sep, 23 2007 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by manson_322

I find this extremely disconcerting...
Either the story has been changed since this thread was created, or the OP is misrepresenting.

I'm also finding that AFP is not a very reliable source. Other than it being a private corporation with ties to the French Government, they have been accused of using faked photos recently.

Wissam al-Okaili, a journalist working for AFP, was in August 2007 accused of manufacturing obviously staged photos with faulty descriptions, when the same women at two different occasions claims to have been shot at: the bullets she shows for documentations clearly never have been fired

Wiki Entry, AFP
Photo Editors Willing to Believe Anything

Also interesting to note that the BBC and other report on this make no mention of "Death to America" or "Death to Israel" chanting, althought according the The Globe and Mail, "death to America" was painted on the side of a truck: Globe and Mail story

Edit: I've found the original text on other sites that posted the AFP story. It appearers that AFP did in fact edit the story some time after this thread was created. References to "Death to..." chanting are still perplexing.

[edit on 23-9-2007 by BitRaiser]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join