It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. commander: Iran supplying Taliban

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 04:47 AM
link   
And here the scapegoating starts again. For a long while US and Western officials have claimed that Iran supports insurgents in Iraq, which might be possible, however, now the US claims that Iran supports the Taliban, which sounds very unlogical:

KABUL, Afghanistan - A top American commander on Friday accused Iran of supplying powerful roadside bombs to militants in Afghanistan and said the U.S. would "act decisively" if the cross-border flow continues.

"The Iranians are clearly supplying some amount of lethal aid," Fallon told The Associated Press during a trip to Afghanistan. "There is no doubt ... that agents from Iran are involved in aiding the insurgency."

Fallon said the U.S. was carefully watching the flow of weapons from Iran and said the U.S. would "act decisively" if the cross-border flow continues. His comments were not meant as a threat of military action against Iran but a suggestion that border interdiction efforts may need to be increased, Fallon's aides said later.

Yahoo

Following the emergence of the Taliban and their harsh treatment of Afghanistan's Shi'a minority, Iran stepped up assistance to the Northern Alliance. Relations with the Taliban deteriorated further in 1998 after Taliban forces seized the Iranian consulate in Mazari Sharif and executed Iranian diplomats.

Interesting:

Northern Alliance

The United Islamic Front for the Salvation of Afghanistan (UIF, Jabha-yi Muttahid-i Islami-yi Milli bara-yi Nijat-i Afghanistan), also known as the Northern Alliance (term used by the Western media), was a military-political umbrella organization created by the Islamic State of Afghanistan in 1996 .

The organization united various Afghan groups fighting against each other to fight the Taliban instead. In late 2001, with extensive assistance from U.S. air support and United States Special Forces, the UIF succeeded in retaking most of Afghanistan from the Taliban.

Source

With other words, Iran supported the alliance that fights against Taliban forces and which is also supported by US forces. Basically, Iran supports the Western coalition that fights in Afghanistan.

Do they think we are stupid up there in Washington? They make very dangerous claims that already lead to war before. Wasn't it Saddam Hussein who supposedly supported Al Qaeda and who was involved in the 911 attacks?

Now people within the US administration are using similar rhetoric against Iran.

Personally, I think we are just waiting for the next big false flag operation in order to have a motive to engage in war with Iran.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Mdv2]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Dont forget that the USA supplied the Taliban when they were fighting the Russians.
They also supplied Saddam too

Oh Dear !!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mdv2

Personally, I think we are just waiting for the next big false flag operation in order to have a motive to engage in war with Iran.

I think that maybe the Iranian guy visiting the US may get killed.. that would be a good false flag.

join