It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A+ and MCSE certification

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 08:58 PM
link   
hey i got a few questions for some of u guys that have donne this stuff already

what do you got tested on on these tests and can i just take the test and not any classes

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 09:06 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

I would say it depends on your knowledge for the A+ test. If you are real good with computers, you would probably pass. There should be some preactice tests on the internet you could take to find out!

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by razor1000

As for Comptia certs i got my A+ and Network+.In my opinion if you get the exam cram material and a lab book and go through it you should be good to go.There is a ton of study material out there this is just the ones i used for these certs.They realy arent hard to pass but they are a good foundation certs IMO.Might have to ask others on here about Microsoft certs as i hate Microsoft and to this day refuse to entertain the idea of obtaining one.Hope this helps and good luck.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:26 AM
link   
The short answer is you can take any test you want, as long as you pay for it.

That said, if you don't read up and practice, you will be killed in the tests.

Besides being expensive tests, they are no longer multi choice. They are do this and you must manipulate the desktop in the test to do the job..."the M$" way.
What that means is there are often several ways to do something, but only one way is considered the M$ or correct way.

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 12:49 AM
link   
yeah i have a pretty deep understanding of computers and web my major is computer science but what i'd like to know if basically what is covered under the tests

BTW reason i want to get these is because they are basically what i need to get better job offers

posted on Sep, 24 2007 @ 04:50 PM
link   
You can use the exam trainings from testking.com and transcender.com as well. They're pretty good and are a good approximation of what the actual test will be.

But perhaps you can skip the A+ and jump straight to MCSE.

posted on Oct, 11 2007 @ 12:02 PM
link   
i ordered my book from amazon
taking some pretests will help me fiure out what i need to get familiar with before taking the actual test. man i hate reading books.

top topics

join