It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What's this off the coast of Ventura California?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Not quite sure what it is, but comparing it @ 200 ft with the speed boat which I'll take a guess and say is 25 feet long, the object is not big. Maybe 10 - 18 ft around. Possibly a lucky shot of a large air bubble coming up from the bottom?

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Ok Mods, the Major just malfuntioned in another direct nasty post to another Op as is his style. Will there be consequences or is he Johnny Anonymous's son in law?

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by mcgilligan02
Honestly I wouldnt be suprised if this has something to do with earthquake detection. The one I found is a spitting image of the one the OP found. Mine is Northward up the coast slightly off the coast like his is. They look like some sort of platform. But who really knows. maybe some one else has an idea?

I think I would say a glitch in the images, here's both of them:

Note the identical light circles in the sea near it, the only thing different is the waves.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
No, of course there won't be any consequences for rude and deriding posts by MajorMalfunction regarding 'noodle appendages' of another op.
I see a real double standard here and I am not happy about it.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:54 AM
link   
^Actually they're nowhere near identical. Similar, but not identical.

And I agree with others that MajorMalfunctions constant attacks on people that go unoticed is getting old

[edit on 22-9-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:01 AM
link   
Thank you for the acknowledgement David. I too am sick of the atheist than thou attacks on anything surreal we may experience. 'Noodle appendages' was just one example of how mean this cretin is.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I was looking at it in Google Earth. I know you lose quality of the image when you zoom in, but zoom in and it looks like it's casting a shadow on the water as if it's just above the water.

Also, someone said it might be an oil rig. Go to:

33°35'22.29"N 118°08'06.86" W

I believe those are two oil rigs in that area. Oil rigs aren't perfect circles when seen from above. I don't see how anyone would take the images in this thread and say it's an oil rig.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by nightmare_david]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by nightmare_david
^Actually they're nowhere near identical. Similar, but not identical.

No, apart from the zoom level, I'm pretty sure they are exactly the same, except for the waves on the beach. The rest of the features are the same. It's particularly noticeable if you save them both and change between them rapidly.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by apex]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I'm sorry folks, but what do you see that I don't see ?

All I see is small circle close to much larger semi-circles.

Isn't it just waves and bad pixelation ?

What is it supposed to be a craft, an oil-rig, giant sea-monster ?

A little help with this one please.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Ok I see the shadow, it eludes to signifigant height and not spherical but more like a flat top on a round object.

This is what bothers me, any(except possibly military) man made cover, man made instalation, man made oil thingy would not be painted the same color as the water. It would have some way to be seen to avoid collision and to be easily seen. Heck you would think they would put a big logo on it.

So I dont have a clue. Unless it is a new sub with a round deck, and a top deck that holds a layer of water when surfaced to help camo it. But why make it round?

back of a whale just breaching the surface?

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Redge777]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:30 AM
link   
reply to post by apex

It doesn't look like a glitch to me. The side facing east, the shoreline, reflects sunlight. The side facing west casts a shadow on the surface of the ocean. What kind of glitch do you refer to that would behave that way or create and anomaly like that?

The image I looked at: files.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 22-9-2007 by Areal51]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 03:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Areal51
It doesn't look like a glitch to me. The side facing east, the shoreline, reflects sunlight. The side facing west casts a shadow on the surface of the ocean. What kind of glitch do you refer to that would behave that way or create and anomaly like that?

I was meaning a glitch in that you get the exact same thing twice in similar places, as opposed to an individual one. I have no idea what it actually is.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 07:47 AM
link   
They are the same photo. I am not sure why Google Earth would do that and still not sure what it is. I was thinking maybe it was an "index" point to help line up the Sat photos. m2c anyway.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Obviously swamp gas.

Very interesting. It is elevated slightly, which is weird.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by jpm1602

Just so you know, the Major was not referring to any posters. The "noodley appendage" remark is in reference to the Flying Sphaghetti Monster. The Major's post was a non-sequitor of course, but not meant to attack anyone. Google the FSM and see what he was talking about! Yar! RAmen!

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by drumist69

Thank you. sometimes I joke on the forum, just to show I'm not the big bad monster the theists think I am.

Lighten up, jpm. It's humor.

[edit to add] The staff knows I am not attacking anyone or I'd have got a warn for this. It's a JOKE.

If I meant to attack anyone at any time I'd have so many warns I'd probably be banned by now because I can really be mean if I want to.

I don't do that on the board. I make posts based on what I think according to my own information, and sometimes people read too much into it, or are a little over sensitive.

I have a suggestion: If you don't like what I write, then there is this handy function called the Ignore Button. Feel free to use it. I know I have in the past.

[edit on 22-9-2007 by MajorMalfunction]

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by theRiverGoddess

Oxnard is very Military if I remember correctly......maybe this is some military thing in the sea?

Yes, this area is very military! We have a Naval Air Station in Point Mugu, and then a few miles away there is Port Hueneme another Navy base. My daughter was actually born in Oxnard Ca. while my husband was stationed at the Port Hueneme base. I'd be very interested to know what that is out in the ocean.

If someone has already mentioned the Navy bases in the area, I apologize, I didn't read page 2 before posting.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I want to thank all those who responded in a positive manner, most notably “mcgilligan02” who took the time to post a link to the photo that I didn’t know how to do.

Thanks also to “theRiverGoddess” who provided the link to the handbook (although the passive/aggressive use of “IS” and “HOW” to indicate annoyance didn’t go unnoticed.) I will attempt to learn how to write a proper post.

To josephus maximus, I apologize for annoying you and completely wasting your time. That was not my intent. I’ve only been active on this site for a short while and I realize that this forum may be 2nd nature to most of you, I’m sure that there are others such as myself who find it difficult to figure out how to do some of this stuff.

Just so everyone knows, I didn’t violate any rules out of laziness or intent. I have a serious problem with Reading Comprehension. The first day I actively started trying to participate with ATS instead of lurking, it took me also two hours trying to figure out how to navigate back and forth from the home page to the forums sections and even longer to learn how to post. For many of you this stuff comes easily. Terminology changes rapidly and while I do my best, I’m not always capable of figuring these terms out. For me, each new bell and whistle in the computer world is cause for panic attacks. I suffered verbal attacks as a young kid from “smarter” kids. Only in those days, they were “in your face” responses, so I began to withdraw from activities rather than risk looking stupid again. Today, I felt like that kid again. But today, I have a tendency to say something to the attacker. And if had figured out how to PM, most would never had seen this.

Had this been and isolated incident, I might have let it go without saying anything. But another new person who posted pictures of Mars oddities, was met with condensing remarks from someone. Those who attack usually reply with “I didn’t mean it” or “I was joking, my humor doesn’t translate well.” But the damage is already done. I would ask that before anyone sends out such remarks consider if they would want someone talking to their family members such as a Mom, Dad, Grandparent in that way.

“Equinox99” got his disappointment of my inexperience in posting across without making it personal. And “mcgilligan02” jumping in to post a photo is how I envision everyone should be (Willing to Help). But I can’t guarantee that I won’t make any other posting errors assuming I don’t get banned for this response.

Again, I apologize to all the good people out there reading this and to the angry ones, I hope you understand where I’m coming from. Please consider that your next posting may be a young teenager who’s considered a geek in school and already has enough peer pressure to deal with. It took years for me to come this far out of my shell and I still find myself returning to it from time to time. I hope you never have to experience it. Oh, one other thing, I’m a bad speller too. Just in case…

Just got off work and read the additional responses. The above was written after about 24 responses or somewhere. For what it’s worth, from the Majors icon or whatever it’s called, I assumed he was making a comment in relation to the Priates movie (which I didn’t fully understand the 2nd one and haven’t seen the third) and did not take any offense, I believe I made myself clear as to the postings that bothered me. But I was glad to see that there are those who are quick to jump to the aid of others who may not be so outgoing.

Don

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Upon further review I see I misconstrued MM's comments as a personal attack on an op. I was wrong. I misunderstood. And I am sorry.

posted on Sep, 22 2007 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by eyes up
Not quite sure what it is, but comparing it @ 200 ft with the speed boat which I'll take a guess and say is 25 feet long, the object is not big. Maybe 10 - 18 ft around. Possibly a lucky shot of a large air bubble coming up from the bottom?

I've got it on right now and at 95 feet above the object it looks to be about 75 feet in diameter according to the legend at the bottom left of Goggle Earth. Given that the texture of the top looks to be exactly like the seascape itself I can't see this being a real object. You can even see white caps on top of it. I have noticed on other areas of GE that sometimes the overlapping images don't line up quite right. I wonder if this is part of that issue?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join