It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seven-year hitch

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Seven-year hitch

www.news.com.au

A GERMAN politician has proposed a law making marriage contracts null and void after seven years, with the option to renew for those not feeling the proverbial itch.

"I propose that marriages lapse after seven years,'' Gabriele Pauli told reporters in Munich, the capital of the largely Catholic southern state of Bavaria.

"This would mean that one will only commit for a fixed period and will actively have to renew your vows if you still want to continue.''

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.monstersandcritics.com

posted on Sep, 21 2007 @ 04:21 PM
link   
While this sounds crazy, maybe this is the wave of the future? Given the fact that the amount of divorces keeps rising, this could indeed be a viable solution.

Despite the fact that this throws the sanctity and lasting nature of marriage out the door, my guess is that there are definitely going to be some people that jump on this bandwagon.

It probably wont go anywhere but if anything it is a sign of the times that we are living in. 7 years? I can handle that. Can you?

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Thanks for the news DW, This destroys the point of being married. It is a good example of "new world" cultural deprograming. A good indicator is when they go against bible ideas and the like. Hands down destruction of the family Mind Control. this comes from the top believe it.
DWT

[edit on 26-9-2007 by dntwastetime]

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 01:49 PM
link   
why not just let people get divorced when they want to?

why do happily married people have to go through the process of renewing their marriage. Seems like another beaurocratic way of creating an issue from a non issue.

Kind of dumb and pointless in my opinion.

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 02:31 PM
link   
It could have saved me a lot of money with my ex. "Come on let's just hold out for another 6 months!!!"

LOL

posted on Sep, 26 2007 @ 11:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by worldwatcher
why not just let people get divorced when they want to?

why do happily married people have to go through the process of renewing their marriage. Seems like another beaurocratic way of creating an issue from a non issue.

Kind of dumb and pointless in my opinion.

Yes this is about as stupid as that one Senator that os suing God. While it might be ideal for Hollywood superstars, it is ridiculous for the rest of the population.

Oh, and the woman proposing this has been divorced already. Go figure

I'm sure that this law could have saved some people LOTS of money.

:bash:

new topics

top topics

join